Jason Gram - where to?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Gram was injured in the finals 2010 and played full of pain killers. He could hardly walk onto the ground. He hasn't got full mobility back since.

If we improve in 2012 a lot rests on big outputs from the guys that should have starred but fell away or were injured. We will go along way towards a flag if we can get the most out of;

Gilbert- distracted by Duthie
Lenny-knee
Roo-knee
Gram-groin
Kosi -early and preseason injury/ surgery
Goddard-general slide
Montagna- slide by his standards

all those guys are stars and should have less baggage and hopefully injury free seasons. If we can get further improvement from Steven, Mac, Armo and a couple of first or second year players pushing for spots we will go ok.

Overall heaps rests on how we cover full back. I'm hoping the Wilkes boy can get in and monster some FFs or Dowler is the new Dawson.
Give me a break. :roll: :roll:

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:Looking really fit in the photo's of the hug today, fitter than I've seen him for ages....good on him
Yeah, he looks a lot fitter. Lost the pudding he seemed to gain last season. He was clearly restricted by injury last year, and with the chance to get a full pre-season for the first time in ages he might hit the ground in better shape in 2012.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
gringo wrote:Gram was injured in the finals 2010 and played full of pain killers. He could hardly walk onto the ground. He hasn't got full mobility back since.

If we improve in 2012 a lot rests on big outputs from the guys that should have starred but fell away or were injured. We will go along way towards a flag if we can get the most out of;

Lenny-knee
Roo-knee
Gram-groin
Goddard-general slide

all those guys are stars and should have less baggage and hopefully injury free seasons. If we can get further improvement from Steven, Mac, Armo and a couple of first or second year players pushing for spots we will go ok.

Overall heaps rests on how we cover full back. I'm hoping the Wilkes boy can get in and monster some FFs or Dowler is the new Dawson.
Just a guess as to why he fell away from a brilliant 2010, could be disappointment at the losses or several other things but he looked a bit lost in 2011.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Looking really fit in the photo's of the hug today, fitter than I've seen him for ages....good on him
Yeah, he looks a lot fitter. Lost the pudding he seemed to gain last season. He was clearly restricted by injury last year, and with the chance to get a full pre-season for the first time in ages he might hit the ground in better shape in 2012.
Seems that way doesn't it...

He had an operation about the same time as Roo, maybe it's taken awhile to get his body right...hoping he enjoys a good preseason.

If he picks up where he left off in the Swans game, that was a very good game.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Hope he has an absolutely ball-tearing year, would be a huge bonus for us.

whatever happened to bradman 66 or whatever it was?

Rosco
Club Player

gringo wrote:
clarky449 wrote:

Lenny-knee
Roo-knee
Gram-groin
Goddard-general slide

Just a guess as to why he fell away from a brilliant 2010, could be disappointment at the losses or several other things but he looked a bit lost in 2011.

Goddard - general slide? Didn't he have a hip operation within a week of our last game? Your hip is pretty important I think.

Rosco
Club Player

Double
Last edited by Rosco on Wed 07 Dec 2011 9:11am, edited 1 time in total.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Goddard had a shocker at the start of last season. He was clearly trying too hard, and had a weight of expectation on him. Add to that the hip problems that we didn't know about. He did well to start playing better toward the end of the season, but by his standards it wasn't a great year.

Getting chucked out of the finals early was disappointing, but the positive was all the post season surgery and rehabs. Plus Hayes and Gwilt back at some stage.

We might be a fitter team next year, which is a pleasant thought!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Goddard started like the weight of the world was crushing him. Plenty expected him to be the best player in the comp and he looked like the extra attention was distracting. Not sure if his hip was already injured or not but he picked up later in the season.

savatage
SS Life Member

Definitely looks a LOT fitter judging by that picture. Let's hope it augers well because his best is definitely good enough - in recent years he hasn't been anywhere near it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Definitely looks a LOT fitter judging by that picture. Let's hope it augers well because his best is definitely good enough - in recent years he hasn't been anywhere near it.
Do you really think he was overweight this season? They have skinfolds every 2 to 3 weeks and have fat group if they dont reach their expected target. Something tells me he reached his target.

savatage
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
savatage wrote:Definitely looks a LOT fitter judging by that picture. Let's hope it augers well because his best is definitely good enough - in recent years he hasn't been anywhere near it.
Do you really think he was overweight this season? They have skinfolds every 2 to 3 weeks and have fat group if they dont reach their expected target. Something tells me he reached his target.
He's been overweight for 2 seasons.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
So he doesnt participate in skinfolds like the rest or if he does it doesnt matter what his reading is. Seems strange when better players than him get punished.

busso mick
Club Player

savatage wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
His name has been a unit of weight his whole life, though I don't think there is an ounce of truth in your suggestion. :wink:

Kernal75
Club Player

If we are going to challenge again next year then I would have thought that improvement doesn't come from our established players. We need the kids to step up quickly and have some impact.

As for Gram, my guess is that he won't be at the Saints come 2013. Winmar get's first crack at the hlaf back role. Where else can Gram play.....Sandy are looking for midefielders!!!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Kernal75 wrote:If we are going to challenge again next year then I would have thought that improvement doesn't come from our established players. We need the kids to step up quickly and have some impact.

As for Gram, my guess is that he won't be at the Saints come 2013. Winmar get's first crack at the hlaf back role. Where else can Gram play.....Sandy are looking for midefielders!!!
Disagree about the challenging.

If we are to challenge, it will be Hayes, Goddard and Riewoldt leading the charge.

But we want across the board improvement ala St Kilda 2009 or West Coast 2011.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

West coast improved because

Darren glass, dean cox, Daniel Kerr, Andrew embley were injury free for the first time in three years......and their two best kids came on....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:West coast improved because

Darren glass, dean cox, Daniel Kerr, Andrew embley were injury free for the first time in three years......and their two best kids came on....
True, though do you need to be super talented across the board to apply a zone?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I watched a lot of West Coast, and you underestimate the improvement if mid-tier players like Scott Selwood, Will Schofield, Mark Nicoski and Big Q Lynch

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Gram will be better under a more attacking coach for mine.

If he can control his kicks a bit better he will be top 5 in the b&f next season.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Gram would be in the top 10 at the club on pure talent, but his application and workrate are just awful. Whether it's at training or in a game he's always the last one to the huddle, he's always hanging at the back of the pack and he's the one who always looks like he'd rather be somewhere else. He has absolutely no physical presence and his kicking has slipped past the point where a few misfires are outweighed by the good.

His natural pace, timing, ability to read the play and find the footy are very good but his attitude has to improve if he wants to go out on his own terms. I thought we should have offloaded him for a draft pick or backup ruckman, but hopefully Watters can get some value out of him.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

For Gram can start at Sandringham...

Until he starts to show some commitment to the team and the ball he can play at Sandringham. I know we all have our players we love, but Gram is a player I detest getting games on the back of his feeble efforts. I can see why Brisbane (lethal) were happy to get a draft pick for him - he is not worth much IMO!

I would rather play Geary or Ray off the HBF and make Gram earn his game time. [/quote]

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
TD
Club Player

Gram plays for Gram, until he shows some team spirit and dedication i want him out of here.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Good thing the coaches have more sense....and look at actual output

Not percieved output....

He will be an importan player as he has been since 2006

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Good thing the coaches have more sense....and look at actual output

Not percieved output....

He will be an importan player as he has been since 2006
Next time i go to training i'll check if Watters is teaching the forwards how to deal with helicopter passes....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.