Molly Meldrum

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

philtee
Club Player

Michael Nettlefold quote is from the Club's facebook entries which are sort of on the website front page.
Agree that a more formal news item on the front page would be nice.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Absolutely fekking pissweak by the club to have NO MENTION of the great Molly on our website.

So what it may cost a few members if it takes away from advertising selling mberships or Christmas online deals for a day or two.

Molly has for years provided our club with heaps of free advertising on Hey Hey it's Saturday and countless other shows.

And the club can't be forked updating the website.

NO RESPECT.

FQF - what garbage!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

There is an opportunity here , to see a huge 'connection point' between the Club and its Members .

Our People , suffer the slings and arrows of life , daily.

An ongoing , thoughts of care / prayer / rememberance board , instigated under our new
'all together' paradigm would grow into an amazing portal of Saintly Love.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Oh yea , go hard Molly.
Luv your work.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Siposstar#2
Club Player

What's the news in Molly?

Formerly posted as magnifisaint 35
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Siposstar#2 wrote:What's the news in Molly?
last that I read was that they would be keeping him in the induced coma for some days as they monitor the swelling of the brain, as with the Boxer a week or so ago - the quieter they can keep the patient the better. they can ensure the body rests.

several days was the indication- so 2 - 4 atleast which is Monday or tuesday.
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 18 Dec 2011 11:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Buckets
SS Life Member

Why the hell are people upset that the club isnt ADVERTISING the horrible situation that Molly finds himself in???? For what publicity?

God bigger things than that right at the moment!

Thoughts are with you and your family Molly. God speed and may we see you back and bigger than ever very very soon!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:Why the hell are people upset that the club isnt ADVERTISING the horrible situation that Molly finds himself in???? For what publicity?

Thoughts are with you and your family Molly. God speed and may we see you back and bigger than ever very very soon!
It clearly isint advertising. So when a Former St Kilda Player passes away is that advertising the death?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
mcadam05
Club Player

Buckets wrote:Why the hell are people upset that the club isnt ADVERTISING the horrible situation that Molly finds himself in???? For what publicity?

So you commenting on here is that "ADVERTISING the horrible situation"of course it isn't but your just passing on your best wishing which is what I want the Club too do on behalf of it's self and it's members, too a man that's given 50 years too this Club

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

The club seems to do no right for some.

What an over reaction

Another opportunity awaits!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:The club seems to do no right for some.

What an over reaction
I get feeling from some posters if we won 10 premiership in a row they would be complaining that we didn't win them by enough

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Get well soon Molly.

All the best for a speedy recovery.

Keep on fighting mate.

The Saints are coming!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:The club seems to do no right for some.

What an over reaction
Absolutely spot on.

Schillaci
Club Player

The club, through Nettlefold, has made an announcement...doesn't matter where IMO.
The most important thing is that Molly is looked after and ultimately recovers.
Bitching about the club not putting something on its website at a time like this is in poor taste and disrespectful to both the club and Molly. The big picture is Molly's health and any grievances one has towards the club at this time are an unnecessary distraction. If they do they do, if they don't they don't. A club is made up of people. A personal touch means more at times like this and a statement by Nettlefold should suffice.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I've been following this pretty closely. I guess most people would as he seems to be well liked everywhere. I had the privilege of doing some artwork on the walls in his house about 15yrs ago and got to meet him. A genuinely nice bloke. It'd be a shame to lose such an Aussie icon. Hopefully he keeps getting better each day and pulls through.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
mcadam05
Club Player

Schillaci wrote:Bitching about the club not putting something on its website at a time like this is in poor taste and disrespectful to both the club and Molly.
Expressing your disappointment at something that the club hasn't done which you thought they should of is hardly Bitching or in poor taste. The major problem down at the club at the moment is these 20 something with they degrees in marketing but with no passion or understanding of the 138yr history of this Club and its fans

Molly has given 50yrs too this Club I want a couple of lines on the club website wishing him well really is that so hard too do
Schillaci wrote: a statement by Nettlefold should suffice.
Spot on but put it up where it can be read! it really isn't rocket science what's the point of having a Club web site if you post stuff elsewhere

patientladysaint
Club Player

Very reassured to hear that Molly remains in a stable condition. Hopefully there will be some improvement soon.

mcadam05 you have a big heart!

Waiting somewhat patiently. When it comes, another St Kilda Premiership will be all the sweeter for the wait. GO SAINTS ! ! !
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

mcadam05 wrote:
Schillaci wrote:Bitching about the club not putting something on its website at a time like this is in poor taste and disrespectful to both the club and Molly.
Expressing your disappointment at something that the club hasn't done which you thought they should of is hardly Bitching or in poor taste. The major problem down at the club at the moment is these 20 something with they degrees in marketing but with no passion or understanding of the 138yr history of this Club and its fans

Molly has given 50yrs too this Club I want a couple of lines on the club website wishing him well really is that so hard too do
Spot on but put it up where it can be read! it really isn't rocket science what's the point of having a Club web site if you post stuff elsewhere
I agree. He's also bled a lot publically for the Saints. A small token of acknowledgment wouldn't go astray.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:

I agree. He's also bled a lot publically for the Saints. A small token of acknowledgment wouldn't go astray.
'

whole heartly agree with this statement.... should be somewhere IN BOLD where WE can see

Buckets
SS Life Member

Ralphy wrote:
St. Luke wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:

'

whole heartly agree with this statement.... should be somewhere IN BOLD where WE can see

So print, radio, tv, facebook and twitter isnt enough????

Bloody hell. This club just doesnt do right at all does it?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

mcadam05
Club Player

Buckets wrote:
Ralphy wrote:
St. Luke wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:

'

So print, radio, tv, facebook and twitter isnt enough????

Bloody hell. This club just doesnt do right at all does it?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
ok that's fine then why have a club web site at all then!

Buckets
SS Life Member

But if they acknowledge in all other places is there really an issue?
Its not as if the club has neglected him all together and not made their thoughts known?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Even this thread degenerates into a petty argument, FFS. This site is fair dinkum going to the pits.

I sincerely hope Molly pulls through. He's a genuinely great Australian and much loved.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yup
because half of you lot have bagged mcadam for his opinion ffs
his opinion is there should be something on the saints webpage
i dont look or do twitter or facebook so to me it looks like the saints have done f*** all to say 'get better molly'

oh and the docs told him to open his eyes, and he did.
so it looks like he is improving

stinger
Saintsational Legend

news re molly is encouraging... :D

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.