Gilbert McAdam's son - Charlie

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert McAdam's son - Charlie

I walways wondered what happened to gilbert mcadam's son charlie

here is some news.
http://www.linfox.com/News-and-Media/La ... cAdam.aspx

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gilbert McAdam's son - Charlie

saintly wrote:I walways wondered what happened to gilbert mcadam's son charlie

here is some news.
Great "get" saintly :)

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gilbert McAdam's son - Charlie

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintly wrote:I walways wondered what happened to gilbert mcadam's son charlie

here is some news.
Great "get" saintly :)
gotto to find some good news about the saints 'family' during summer!

i had hoped the saints would pick him up back in 2008. obviously he must not have been good enough even for a rookie spot.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I must admit I was watching him in the draft, I thought it was 2009 though. Thought we could have picked him up as a rookie.
Then again I was hoping we would pick up BoB Jones's son, Liam, but the Dogs did, and it looks like he is going to be a goodun.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I must admit I was watching him in the draft, I thought it was 2009 though. Thought we could have picked him up as a rookie.
Then again I was hoping we would pick up BoB Jones's son, Liam, but the Dogs did, and it looks like he is going to be a goodun.
it probably was in 2009 , i forgot the date.

i also was hoping re Bob jones son Liam

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Too early to write him him off yet. How was Terry Milera doing when he was 20? SANFL ressies at best?

I loved his dad. One of my all time favourite saints. Saw Gilbert in a hamburger shop in West End in Brisbane a few months back and love his work on the MFS.

He looks a million bucks does Gilbert. Could still play. Fit as a fiddle.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Well he's a Saints fan and works for Fox!

We must draft him as a rookie next year.

Email/twitter/Facebook his dad on the mangarook footy show!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Moyle any relation as well?

Just because you are the son of a very good player doesn't infer you will be good yourself.

That said, the flying scotsman was lovely to watch and left a lasting memory of his style, grace, speed and kicking from so few games. (53 for us 58 for the brions/bears)

Had hands as big as buckets, and would swoop on the ball, run with it in one hand and then place it on his boot with those long hands and driving the ball long into our forwards.

Lovely to watch, poetry in motion. I'd be surprised if there were that many 50 game players for us who left as lasting a memory as the flying scots (rod keogh? Mad dog muir? lazar vidovic?) in recent years.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Gil's older brother Greg played 10 games for the Saints in 1985.

And then there was younger brother Adrian. I was going out with a North supporter at the time he burst on the scene and his first few games were unbelievable. Unfortunately for Roos supporters, but not for the rest of us, he went as quickly as he came.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_McAdam

“In 1993 he joined John Longmire and Wayne Carey in the North Melbourne forward line and kicked 7 goals on his debut. His goal tally was the most ever by a North Melbourne player on debut and he followed it up with 10 goals against Sydney the following week and then 6 goals against Footscray. This gave him a total of 23 goals from his first three games in the AFL (which is still a record) and he finished the year with 68 goals from his 17 games. He was unable to repeat this performance in 1994 and, after managing just one game in 1995, his league career was effectively over.â€

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I don't know how true it was but I did hear that Adrian McAdam was isolated and victimised a fair degree at North Melbourne. There was a girl at Uni at the time I was there who was dating a young North Player who told her, he was embarrassed at the treatment Adrian McAdam received from some of the older player.

NOrth had a good history of indiginous players with the legendary Krakour brothers playing there so I don't know if it was directed at Adrian specifically or his aboriginality.

There were stories when Jimmy came over for a few games he was glad to be away from North.

They were promised big money from North but I heard (again I don't know how true) but the krakours were part paid (heck we did it in the 80s as well). And the money that was invested for them dissappeared as well (Not the only ones, North legend Schimmelbusch (sp) had a fair bit of his wage disappear as well)

North had a few connections with crims and colourful racing identities, but then a few clubs could claim similar nefarious connections in the area that were in and out of the football players at the time in the 80s and 90s.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!