Herald Sun once again turns Saints' positive into negative.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

My sister travelled back to Melbourne a couple of weeks ago and she took all our members scarves and caps from the past few seasons and gave them to an opportunity shop in Chapel Street Windsor ( a friend manages it).

Hopefully some Sainters who are not as lucky as us (ie., able to afford Social Club membership each year), can wear them proudly even if they are out-of-date scarves.

Won't worry me to buy a new scarf & whatever each year if the money helps the club out. Just need to save a few more pennies or go without something else I possibly really don't need to buy a scarf to show my loyalty to the Saints this year.

It concerns me a bit when people always want or expect add on extras. Isn't a seat at the game reward enough?

Here in the West we can pay full social club membership and still not be guaranteed a seat at the ground the one or two times our club might come over a season.

I would rather the Club try and negotiate & purchase more seats for us at Subiaco from my membership dues than give me a scarf & a cap each year. That was what I fed back to the club in their survey. 'Fight for more seats at Subi for us WA members.'

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

desertsaint wrote:a fridge magnet and a sticker?
we can do that - well the sticker - grumps!
how about a headline - collingwood members get lucky dip leftovers again!
The fridge magnet points the Collingwood supporter in the general direction of the MCG when required.

The bumper sticker tells your average Pie supporter not to knock this car off as it belongs to a fellow filth supporter and it may not be insured. and Eddie will miss out on the readies.

Seriously, he flogs that club as the most successful in the world (his words not mine) and all they get is a lousy fridge magnet and a bumper sticker. Where's the rest of the money going?

Saint_in_SA
Club Player

loris wrote:My sister travelled back to Melbourne a couple of weeks ago and she took all our members scarves and caps from the past few seasons and gave them to an opportunity shop in Chapel Street Windsor ( a friend manages it).

Hopefully some Sainters who are not as lucky as us (ie., able to afford Social Club membership each year), can wear them proudly even if they are out-of-date scarves.

Won't worry me to buy a new scarf & whatever each year if the money helps the club out. Just need to save a few more pennies or go without something else I possibly really don't need to buy a scarf to show my loyalty to the Saints this year.

It concerns me a bit when people always want or expect add on extras. Isn't a seat at the game reward enough?

Here in the West we can pay full social club membership and still not be guaranteed a seat at the ground the one or two times our club might come over a season.

I would rather the Club try and negotiate & purchase more seats for us at Subiaco from my membership dues than give me a scarf & a cap each year. That was what I fed back to the club in their survey. 'Fight for more seats at Subi for us WA members.'
That's just scarfist.

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

The only way the Herald Scum can affect the club is if they are taken seriously and supporters allow themselves to get angry over empty anti-stkilda propaganda.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
loris
Saintsational Legend

Saint_in_SA wrote:
That's just scarfist.
Do I detect an ageist having a go at a scarfist :wink: :wink:

Leo.J
SS Life Member

The HS may as well be the news of the world

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Uh oh.

Big issue with the members scarves.

Brace for it.

:?

The club motto is spelt wrong!

StGoddard18
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Uh oh.

Big issue with the members scarves.

Brace for it.

:?

The club motto is spelt wrong!
How in the world can that happen? People who made the scarves stuff up or the clubs?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dunno, but surely you'd get a sample sent over before they went out to the supporters? :shock:

Or even send someone to fly over there to check them out, as your own QA kind of rep?

Terrible stuff up, and given it's the year people had to pay for the scarf, makes it even more of a mess.

How about they just kept it the same, except for when they over-order by a few thousand, that would of saved costs.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Not only do you get the scarf from the membership package you get family members giving last years and extras to your kids so you end up with enough freakin scarves to fill a shipping container. I can still never find the current one and end up wearing my 1990s old school one because it looks different from all the tweaks of the same theme. My kids had a melt down and wanted to go home because I made them wear the previous years scarf to the footy last year. They should at least ask if you want one but with no year on them so they aren't junk after one season.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It says, and I kid you not...

'Furtius Quo Rdelious'

:oops:

Word is (credit to True Sainters) the papers are going to run with it...

It's a terrible mistake, but I guess considering last off season, if that's the worst news?

:!:

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

I love it.

I've changed my sig in honour of our new motto.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:I love it.

Translated it reads......

Crap Through China :P

Austinnn
Club Player

Another show of incompetence from marketing dept. Who was the professional who let them all get sent out like that?

The website is no better. I tried to buy a membership from it the other day; impossible. Even when you click on the membership link you are just invited to leave your email address and they'll get back to you. You click on the Draw a Line In The Sand link, it takes you back to the Home page ffs.

I'd like to meet the geniuses responsible for making our club look so ameteurish and ask them when the last time they went to work sober was.

I could run the marketing dept from where I live and STILL do a better job than these clowns. (I live in France)

More reasons for people to laugh at us. Inexcusable effort. The person responsible should reimburse purchases from their pockets, no joke. The only good thing is it's so funny, even we can have a laugh about it, and maybe they'll be collectors items down the track.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Austinnn
Club Player

As few people on here are so dim they'll probably go out & get the new motto tattooed on their belly. :P Sorry, not called for; I just wanted to use that joke. Was it worth it? Probably not.

I think all Saints fans at games should also shout the new motto out when one of our players misses a sitter. If only it could be pronounced.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ffs
the sites always been shite
its slow
crap
looks average

and its a complete pain in the ass

thats why i ring the freecall number and speak to someone directly
its like chalk and cheese

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:I love it.

lol - gold.

Been looking for a suitable replacement for Mick in my sig and here it is :D

FQR :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintDal
Club Player

I can only guess but it looks like whoever put the order in for the scarves put the "F" and the "i" too close together making it look like an "R".

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintDal wrote:I can only guess but it looks like whoever put the order in for the scarves put the "F" and the "i" too close together making it look like an "R".
Believe or Bum

NRL team are facing having their jumpers worth $185 being worthless due to similiar mistake.

agreee ould be letters too close together - or taken from small logo and thus misread or even the type/ program setter not understanding the English Alphabet and basicly making an assumption-- or even having bad eye sight from working in dark conditions and too many hours.
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 22 Jan 2012 3:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:More reasons for people to laugh at us. Inexcusable effort. The person responsible should reimburse purchases from their pockets, no joke. The only good thing is it's so funny, even we can have a laugh about it, and maybe they'll be collectors items down the track.
I'd be genuinely surprised if the Club is dealing with the Chinese supplier directly.
Much more likely that there is a 'middleman' involved and I would expect them to be ones responsible for fixing the mess (not the Club).

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Austinnn wrote:More reasons for people to laugh at us. Inexcusable effort. The person responsible should reimburse purchases from their pockets, no joke. The only good thing is it's so funny, even we can have a laugh about it, and maybe they'll be collectors items down the track.
I'd be genuinely surprised if the Club is dealing with the Chinese supplier directly.
Much more likely that there is a 'middleman' involved and I would expect them to be ones responsible for fixing the mess (not the Club).
can you take out i9nsurance against such things?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
can you take out i9nsurance against such things?
No, but I would think that the Club would have contracted the 'middleman' to supply the articles and as such, they could refuse to pay for the faulty merchandise.
I suspect that the 'middleman' is the same company who has been supplying things to teh Club for many years adn there shouldn't be a problem in fixing this.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the Saints placed their order using their iPhone.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

These will be collectors items.

FQR "A line in the Hand"

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:
saintDal wrote:I can only guess but it looks like whoever put the order in for the scarves put the "F" and the "i" too close together making it look like an "R".
Believe or Bum

NRL team are facing having their jumpers worth $185 being worthless due to similiar mistake.

agreee ould be letters too close together - or taken from small logo and thus misread or even the type/ program setter not understanding the English Alphabet and basicly making an assumption-- or even having bad eye sight from working in dark conditions and too many hours.
you would expect the lighting to be better at Seaford.

Furtius Quo Rdelious