The 2012 StK AGM - Right!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Re: The 2012 StK AGM - Right!

I have no idea what Ian McLoud's salary has to do with anything. ??

THanks for the report Enrico - really appreciated. You should save yourself some typing next time and vet the questions yourself ;)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

What pisses me off is that each person who gets the microphone in their hand wants to tell their life story, then wish the team the best, wait for a clap, then produce a half question that isnt important, lucky if there is a question at all.

Ask your question, intelligently and pointedly and let the board answer it. Them move the f*** on. Too many dimwits make it a soap box for their own agendas.

Cue: Girl who stated 100 times "Just work as a team" after her mum lost $1m gambling, the woman who attacked the clubs culture last year after saying she was a member for 5 years and had to voice her opinion once again even offering to help recruit more women into the club, the gender activist, and the gambling activists.

The guy who asked for a name/brand change ill leave at that.

Thank you to the woman who asked what strategies were in place regarding sponsorship, a question Nettlefold attempted to dodge a number of times. And the guy who asked (in a really poor way because the question wasnt specific enough) what was being done about membership/revenue etc.

Also thank you to the woman who voiced her disapproval at voting for all four changes in one. It was ignored. And im sure surely each change needs to be done separately.... But the board just go their own way regardless.

I was surprised about the lack of question regarding the coach walking.

And I thought the parading of players, and making them face the audience was a fairy piece which was an attempt to cushion the issues of a coach walking out and a $1.5 million dollar loss. What was worst was the awkwardness, especially when the idiots spoke, what reasonable person cant help but laugh - there were a lot of hands covering mouths when these people were given the microphone.

And the biggest mistake. Making all the members wait outside closed doors right until 7pm while staff went inside....with all the coffee/tea situated into the hall.

All in all, probably a waste of time as someone suggested. But interesting nonetheless. Hearing the coach speak was good. But ones thing for sure. I miss Ross Lyon.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Enrico_Misso wrote:Part 1 - The meeting
Enrico_Misso wrote:They locked us out of the hall till almost 7:00.
Meeting began at 7:05
Good to hear. We were the first club in the league to ever be fined - for turning up late. I'm proud of that stat. Punctuality is overrated.
Enrico_Misso wrote:All present except Saad who has had a death in the family.
Condolences. :(
Enrico_Misso wrote:Aim is to be a Power club
This is great to hear. I believe we should be a Power Club.

My query would be how will we know when we are a power club? Did they give any definiton of how they assess a 'Power Club'? Flags, membership, revenue, facilities, community outreach, Port to Portsea established???
Enrico_Misso wrote:Life memberships to NDS, JK and LM
Interesting that their were 5, 19, and 9 proxy votes opposing each of them respectively
Those proxy voters should be ashamed. :oops: Why didn't they have the guts to turn up and oppose in person???

Hmmmm. Too busy out burgling the homes of those who attended the meeting??? Bloody Collingwood supporters should not be allowed to take out Saints membership. They-are-not-worthy.
Enrico_Misso wrote:Right!
Thanks for such a detailed report Enrico. Muchly appreciated. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:
defacto wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Gee people piss me off with these stupid questions.
thats the problem with those events, attracts the idiot weirdos

Those "idiots and weirdos" are the members and supporters of the club upon which its existence is built and without whom there would be no St.K.F.C.
Not all of them. Luckily there are only a few who seem to turn out in force at the AGM.

BTW What question did you ask?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

[/quote]Those "idiots and weirdos" are the members and supporters of the club upon which its existence is built and without whom there would be no St.K.F.C.[/quote]

Not all of them. Luckily there are only a few who seem to turn out in force at the AGM.

BTW What question did you ask?[/quote]
He probably asked the name change question.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
St Lenny
Club Player

Thanks for the report and going to the trouble of putting it together, greatly appreciated from me who lives interstate.

I dont care who the player is, if he has reached the criteria, regardless of what we think of that person, they deserve to be a life member. I am sure Koz has done his best as has others, congratulations to him. Dont know why is has to be voted on.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I forgot the AGM was on last night.

No heads up on SS not Saints Facebook page or website.

I guess our club didn't really want to advertise it, which given the activists who made the idiotic questions, is fair enough.

The clubs has to have an AGM.

I'm sure it wouldn't have one if it wasn't a legal obligation.

Board meetings is where things happen.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:Thanks for the report and going to the trouble of putting it together, greatly appreciated from me who lives interstate.

I dont care who the player is, if he has reached the criteria, regardless of what we think of that person, they deserve to be a life member. I am sure Koz has done his best as has others, congratulations to him. Dont know why is has to be voted on.

as the motion was carried from next year it will be board appointment

I was actually surprised how many had sent in proxies- often when people get those forms they just ignore them

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

St Lenny wrote:I dont care who the player is, if he has reached the criteria, regardless of what we think of that person, they deserve to be a life member. I am sure Koz has done his best as has others, congratulations to him. Dont know why is has to be voted on.
I think it is more the case of who owns the club, rather than the personalities involved.

I have no issue with any of the nominees, I just think the power should be with the members, not invested ad infinitum with the Board.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i have a feeling dools got hold of 19 voting slips :? :twisted:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:i have a feeling dools got hold of 19 voting slips :? :twisted:
Perhaps he and BS got hold of 9.5 voting slips each :wink:

loris
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I forgot the AGM was on last night.

I guess our club didn't really want to advertise it, which given the activists who made the idiotic questions, is fair enough.
How much does a Club have to wet nurse it's members? All members were sent the official notification which included proxy form, which is a legal requirement. Why need for reminders? Can't members take some responsibility for their own organisational or lack of organisational skills.

Anyway if I recollect correctly there was an e-mail from the Club a few weeks back re the AGM (which I have since deleted so can't confirm that hazy recollection) that served as a reminder if necessary.

Thanks EM for your report............... this interstater appreciates your effort. Right!!!!!!!!!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Why are these retarded questions? While I usually roll my eyes around gender issues, It's a valid one because It is a bit of an old boys club..ie it's a closed shop unless you know the right people..Great governance...

Did anyone bother to ask about the situation with Lyon and what happened?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Why are these retarded questions? While I usually roll my eyes around gender issues, It's a valid one because It is a bit of an old boys club..ie it's a closed shop unless you know the right people..Great governance...

Did anyone bother to ask about the situation with Lyon and what happened?

That's easy. $4.2 M and a wiping of all personal debt. Easy.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:I forgot the AGM was on last night.

How much does a Club have to wet nurse it's members? All members were sent the official notification which included proxy form, which is a legal requirement. Why need for reminders? Can't members take some responsibility for their own organisational or lack of organisational skills.

Anyway if I recollect correctly there was an e-mail from the Club a few weeks back re the AGM (which I have since deleted so can't confirm that hazy recollection) that served as a reminder if necessary.

Thanks EM for your report............... this interstater appreciates your effort. Right!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't mind a wet nurse right now!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

club report
http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx
including Video or Scott.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
8bloggs
Club Player

Just a clarification on the doors not being open to let members in until 7pm - I opened the door and walked in well before then.
Annoyed with the grandstanders who hog the general business time pushing their barrows - totally agree it is the members opportunity but give everyone a break and try asking a question that leads to some useful insight on what the Board is doing about our future instead of preaching.
The AGM would be better off if there was a little more guidance up front by the President about when to ask questions and in what context - can't blame the President for feeling a little frustrated. Looks a little amateurish having the President refer to Ross Levin on AGM procedure. Mind you he the Pres could do with some public speaking lessons...right...
Thought Watters spoke well. Felt for some of the younger players who were obviously tired and labouring with the protocol as they looked tired. Thought there was a missed opportunity at the end as people sought of looked around wondering what to do when a little conversation time with the players and staff would have lifted morale...

Agreed with a previous poster about Nettlefold's response on sponsorship not hitting the mark - the GFC was 3 years ago and members want to get a sense of confidence that the Board will help bring in some new sponsors rather than repeat the failures of the past. Unconvincing. I was also unimpressed with the President commenting that if any members had any ideas on how to bring in new revenue to let them know - not a bad idea but in front of your members at the AGM it sounded like the Board does not have any ideas.

Loved the video of the fans on the beach especially the young guy who said "..the past is behind us ...GO SAINTERS!!" The players responded to that.
Let's see how the guys perform with the new coaches.

Almost started laughing when the guy sitting behind me started asking Ian McLeod to answer a question - McLeod looked like he was wondering why he bothered joining the Board.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:Thanks for the report and going to the trouble of putting it together, greatly appreciated from me who lives interstate.

the only person i never wanted to have life membership was peter Everitt. He was already leaving, when he received his life membership. lots of people were booing him that night night at the AGM.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:

the only person i never wanted to have life membership was peter Everitt. He was already leaving, when he received his life membership. lots of people were booing him that night night at the AGM.

Yep there are idiots in every crowd.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

aint that the truth :|

older saint
SS Life Member

Unfortunately it sounds like AGM's for STK are seen by the board as more of a pain and necessity than what their original purpose was - to report to the members on the club and take questions regarding this.

The board is either way too precious or arogant, they are often dismissive of anything close to critisism even if it is warranted. Sure there are those that go to these meeting to grandstand and promote their own cause- anti gambling, womens rights etc, and they do lead to this dismissive attitude.

That being said those on the baord go in with their eyes open and they need to be accountable to the members in the same way a listed company is accountable to its shareholders.

While we have had a succesful period on field in recent times the performance of the board and CEO in the last 2 years has far from matched the on field performance.

If you are not going forward you are falling behind in this business and while i have confidence in the players I cannot say i have ever in the last 2 years felt the same for the board or CEO.

Hopefully we see some progression in this area because otherwise when this era ends on field and we go through the rebuild phase where will we be financially, thatis what worries me?