Riewoldt's output in 2012

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Re: Riewoldt's output in 2012

SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote: I think you will struggle again with your posts this year and and that you will really struggle to write anything that is remotley intelligent let alone anything that makes any sense.
Has all of this aggression got anything to do with the economic situation back home?
Where, Avoca? Probably a lot better than in Northern Queensland.

I'm not being aggressive Cairnsman. I'm just being honest and and I'm trying to help you. I think you should go back to school now that you are retired. You could resume where you last finished and go back to grade six.
Off course if Riewoldt does have an average year, he would have him traded (along with Goddard) to G Coast :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote: Off course if Riewoldt does have an average year, he would have him traded (along with Goddard) to G Coast :shock:
LOL..good one. Goes with Cairnsman's imbecilic idea that we could trade BJ after trade week. :lol:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
Off course if Riewoldt does have an average year, he would have him traded (along with Goddard) to G Coast :shock:
Dry your eyes princess. Everyone knows that Goddard is going to be at the club for the rest of his career.

DazzlingDaryl

All players look great in Feb but I have a feeling this could be a good year for St Nick!

He had a terrible 2011 but still took only 27 marks less than the incredible Cloke - best forward of 2011

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

If he plays as a floating centreman and leads towards the goals as play streams forward he'll have an outstanding season.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:If he plays as a floating centreman and leads towards the goals as play streams forward he'll have an outstanding season.

Not sure it is to easy for marking forwards to play that way and luckily for us Nick wont either.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Article from today's HS

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/n ... 6270244896

"A REJUVENATED Nick Riewoldt will benefit from a revised St Kilda game plan devised to avoid having him playing one-out in the forward line.

Under new coach Scott Watters, the Saints have worked feverishly on their defensive/offensive balance, which includes supplying Riewoldt with aerial assistance and the team with more forward options....."

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:If he plays as a floating centreman and leads towards the goals as play streams forward he'll have an outstanding season.
With all due respect to Roo and your post, Nick is not that good.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:

Not sure it is to easy for marking forwards to play that way and luckily for us Nick wont either.
''I've been trying to pitch my case for a spot in midfield and up on the wing all through the preseason, but that remains to be seen. I think running's become an even more important part of the game in recent years, and everyone's got to be able to run and run at high intensity for a long period of time. Nick Riewoldt 13/02/2012.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/r ... z1mIqUFrpm

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I don't know where I want him to play, I was only thinking deeper in the 50 so he doesn't get so nervous in front of the sticks. The guy at CHF needs to be able to drill them from there at times, not just be the link kick.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

We need more goals from our flankers. This is where Siposs is going to be very important to us in the future.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:We need more goals from our flankers. This is where Siposs is going to be very important to us in the future.
need even more goals from our mids like Dal, Joey, BJ, Steven etc.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I don't know where I want him to play, I was only thinking deeper in the 50 so he doesn't get so nervous in front of the sticks. The guy at CHF needs to be able to drill them from there at times, not just be the link kick.
Ideally playing around wing hf being our key link player into the forward line but probably will be changing between CHF and FF as required but not the sole target. His role will be dependent on how well Stanley, Siposs and to a lesser extent Kosi go.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

''I've been trying to pitch my case for a spot in midfield and up on the wing all through the preseason, but that remains to be seen. I think running's become an even more important part of the game in recent years, and everyone's got to be able to run and run at high intensity for a long period of time. Nick Riewoldt 13/02/2012.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/r ... z1mIqUFrpm
I'd like to see Roo and BJ rotate in that position.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I think the trick will be getting another 50 goals from two players who aren't named Roo or Milne. I'm hoping Stanley and Siposs are those two players. Roo will get his 40+ odd, same with Milne.