Im ready for 2012

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skfc17
Club Player

Re: Im ready for 2012

I'm so ready for this year I've booked annual for the first NAB cup match... its live on fox as of 3 30pm =P which i would be at work until 5pm... so only reasonable action... book the whole day so i can unwind... then get my esky full of beer..(cant afford to get up might miss something =P) and watch the Mighty Saints for the very first time in 2012 =D see the new styles unleashed.

Sounds like a plan is that Perth time?

Carn the mighty Sainters
wasaintsfan
Club Player

skfc17 wrote:I'm so ready for this year I've booked annual for the first NAB cup match... its live on fox as of 3 30pm =P which i would be at work until 5pm... so only reasonable action... book the whole day so i can unwind... then get my esky full of beer..(cant afford to get up might miss something =P) and watch the Mighty Saints for the very first time in 2012 =D see the new styles unleashed.

Sounds like a plan is that Perth time?

yea thats perth time :) i hope we crush the swans and cats =P idc if its only NAB.. footys footy... and i always want to win regardless if its intraclub nab or regular season

defacto
Club Player

finish work at 12 in perth w00t!!!! hopefully theres a stream or two!!

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

St Ick wrote:
defacto wrote:ive got a good feeling about this year!!! atleast the emotional baggage is gone. the scandals are gone and it just feels like 2004 again.
Agreed, maybe its the positive news only and no stuff ups but definitely feel over the baggage.

I agree the Hawks are the team to beat, but I feel we are right up there and with the second chance anything can happen in finals. Bring it on I say
I think everyone has a pretty good feeling about this year because it feels like a proper clean slate. And also perhaps it has provided closure on the era that was so close on several occasions. That's on the top of the fact that it's pre-season, which means everyone has rose-coloured glasses on to an extent.

I'm just excited for footy to come back again; my hopes for the Saints this year are fairly moderate although I think the fixture will give us a definite boost - especially early in the year.

I don't think you can definitively select one team that is the team to the beat yet - flip a coin between Haws, Cats, Pies. Blues and Eagles also lurking.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah, I've had an awesome feeling about this year as well... I really don't know why but I've had it since this season's fixture came out... maybe it's blind faith or fools hope but I've had such a good feeling deep in my bones that this season might be a special one.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So Nicks knee is feeling the best it has for ages, pain free are the words he used to describe it.

BJ has admitted that he had hip surgery for an injury sustained in RD 1 of last year, so carried that for the entire season.

Leonard Hayes will be back, Gwilt not long behind him.

These are significant factors that must surely have impacted 2011.

It's shaping up alright... 8-)

yipper
SS Life Member

It is also the state of mind of the playing list - we have injected some very enthusiastic and talented and quick youth into the list. Combined with fringe players being told the slate is clear - and older players being refreshed mentally and physically. We have a fresh and keen coaching team ready to make our game more attacking. I think we will see our really talented ball users i.e. BJ and Dal etc given licence to take the game on. It has completely re-energised the entire club. This is the best pre-season collectively for many years - EVERYONE is fit and excited.

Even inside the club it is showing - all staff are jumping out of their skins with excitement, the CEO has really hit his straps, sponsors are being pursued with great vigour using a superb presentation on where our club is at as a selling point.

And the media has responded to the freshness of our club with some super positive press. And we supporters are champing at the bit for it all to start. There is no doubt that a deliberate attempt at making our club a great place to belong to and be at is underway. And, early days admitted, it is working a treat.
2012 is looking to be one hell of an interesting year and we will hit round 1 in great shape.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.