Kosi Injury (minor?)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

quidnunc
Club Player

Re: Kosi Injury (minor?)

Can someone please tell me how to block Plugger 66 comments from the threads I read please?

Was there on the outer wing as a youngster flying the flag in '66 - still loyal, still passionate!
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

You're no fun!
P66's pompous pronouncemrnts are one of the main attractions of this site.

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Kosi is a fantastic player and extremely important to us. How good was he in 2001, 2005 and 2009? Very is the answer. People talking about Stanley being a likely replacement for Kosi better think again. Stanley, while he may become an elite player (and I think he has potential by the way) is a completely different player than Justin. Kosi splits packs, kicks big goals, can play down back, ruck or forward.

By the way Quidnunc, your avatar rocks.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

So why did the AFL bring this NAB rule in?

I seriously don’t get it when it’s still summer and quite capable of still hitting 40 degrees.

Plus a win/win by supporters coming along to see MORE young players if the bench is extended.

I’m not blaming the AFL for Kosi’s injury, but seriously where was the logic behind the decision?

Anyone?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:So why did the AFL bring this NAB rule in?

I seriously don’t get it when it’s still summer and quite capable of still hitting 40 degrees.

Plus a win/win by supporters coming along to see MORE young players if the bench is extended.

I’m not blaming the AFL for Kosi’s injury, but seriously where was the logic behind the decision?

Anyone?
Maybe ask Aids Anderson. He's footy ops manager.

Supposedly in charge so he thinks.....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda confident he wont be troubled sore calf,

Small article in HS

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:.don't be worrying about kosi , he'll win us a flag.
lol
samuraisaint wrote:Kosi is a fantastic player and extremely important to us. How good was he in 2001, 2005 and 2009? Very is the answer.
so he has had 3 good years? out of how many? yeah, very good, so important to us.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Kosi is a fantastic player and extremely important to us. How good was he in 2001, 2005 and 2009? Very is the answer. People talking about Stanley being a likely replacement for Kosi better think again. Stanley, while he may become an elite player (and I think he has potential by the way) is a completely different player than Justin. Kosi splits packs, kicks big goals, can play down back, ruck or forward.

By the way Quidnunc, your avatar rocks.

Kosi is an ordinary player. Fantastic???? Some people keep on clinging to this notion that he's anything other than an injury prone ordinary player. The "Kosi is a star" mob. And when they start dredging up what he did 11, 7 and 3 years ago as evidence of his value now you know there's a rose coloured glasses thing going on. Aker and Harves were awesome players in 2001, let's say they're fantastic in 2012 as well. He's ordinary - not GOP. Just ordinary. Main asset is his size. He's injury prone, totally inconsistent, goes missing for matches on end, is slow and for a bloke who's supposed to be a champ at pack marking, he doesn't take many.
Last edited by st.byron on Sun 26 Feb 2012 3:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Pretty hard to argue with that, st.byron, unfortunately.
Iceman234 wrote:So why did the AFL bring this NAB rule in?

Anyone?
As a trial, to see how it goes. They're obviously thinking about bringing it in next year, so they want to see how it goes and what effect it has on the matches and the speed of the game and so on. They're just using the NAB Cup as a "guinea pig", simple as that.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Remind me again St Dooley and St Byron - who played in the ruck in the second half in the 2010 Grand Final against Collingwood when Gardner went off injured?
You know, the guy who beat Jolly in the second half of that same game? Oooooh, that's right, it was Kosi ....
- and that wasn't three years ago boys.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You can't have a team full of superstars?

I don't get that supporters pot some guys that may not be in the top 10, doesn't mean they are not important or significant.

I wish we still credited them for their effort, cheered them when they do something good, instead of jeering them because they don't live up the level of say a Roo or a BJ.

Kosi plays a role, I am hoping this year it will be more footballer, than human battering ram. However if it's not, and he continues to do what is asked of him, I will cheer him on. He has remained loyal and played whatever role asked of him, does he always individually shine in that role, well perhaps not....doesn't sulk though, and continues to be meat in defender sandwiches because he loves wearing the RW&B.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
gazrat wrote:.don't be worrying about kosi , he'll win us a flag.
lol
samuraisaint wrote:Kosi is a fantastic player and extremely important to us. How good was he in 2001, 2005 and 2009? Very is the answer.
so he has had 3 good years? out of how many? yeah, very good, so important to us.
How many preseasons has he actually enjoyed?

Or doesn't that weigh with you, easy target I guess?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

quidnunc wrote:Can someone please tell me how to block Plugger 66 comments from the threads I read please?

Its easy. I blocked you the day you came on this site. Not because of what you might say but because you actually say nothing so I dont want to waste my time looking at a vacant thread with writing that means nothing on it.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

samuraisaint wrote:Remind me again St Dooley and St Byron - who played in the ruck in the second half in the 2010 Grand Final against Collingwood when Gardner went off injured?
You know, the guy who beat Jolly in the second half of that same game? Oooooh, that's right, it was Kosi ....
its funny how people remember things
Jolly smashed us in the ruck on that day, and Blake had more hit outs than Koschitzke
but punching above his weight as a pinch hitter was not Kosi' fault, McEvoy should never have been dropped for the game.

Seeya
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Remind me again St Dooley and St Byron - who played in the ruck in the second half in the 2010 Grand Final against Collingwood when Gardner went off injured?
Thought Jolly beat him in that instance myself. But then he was pinch hitting. He has some value....yes. Not interested in potting him for potting him's sake. Am interested in a realistic appraisal of a player's value and I think Kosi's ordinary. And when I see people clinging on to notions that he's a superstar now or a fantastic player now based on his 'purple patch' or even what he did in the 2010 GF or before that....well I reckon it's crap. A few stand out performances in a career don't make someone a great, fantastic or superstar player.

saintkid
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Thought Jolly beat him in that instance myself. But then he was pinch hitting. He has some value....yes. Not interested in potting him for potting him's sake. Am interested in a realistic appraisal of a player's value and I think Kosi's ordinary. And when I see people clinging on to notions that he's a superstar now or a fantastic player now based on his 'purple patch' or even what he did in the 2010 GF or before that....well I reckon it's crap. A few stand out performances in a career don't make someone a great, fantastic or superstar player.

So true. He is a very ordinary, slow, one dimensional player who gets injured far too easy. Apart from his ability to take a good pack grap at times he has no other tricks to his game. We need to persevere now with Stanley and Sippos who have much better second efforts and have thir future ahead of them. Kosi is entering the twilight of a career that was based mainly on hype.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

BENCH PRESS

St Kilda coach Scott Watters feared Justin Koschitzke had torn a calf muscle last Friday night and figured the extra pressure on the big men, in particular, to stay on ground due to the smaller interchange bench might have contributed. In the end Koschitzke was cleared of injury.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/l ... z1nUg6FP5L

:)

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:But sticking to the facts he didn't in that post ... So maybe stick to the facts yourself

yeah but remember st trav, plugger wakes up every morning, looks in the mirror and based on what he posts... knows he's a good person

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ok. so after all this kosi isnt even injured?

does daniel archer get a crack this weekend?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:But sticking to the facts he didn't in that post ... So maybe stick to the facts yourself

yeah but remember st trav, plugger wakes up every morning, looks in the mirror and based on what he posts... knows he's a good person

Thanks for that. You really are to easy. I know the type you would have been at school. Hope you arent like that at work as well. They will just run over you.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Of course it's crap but it doesn't mean he hasn't made a contribution or will not be useful this year or the next.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:BENCH PRESS

St Kilda coach Scott Watters feared Justin Koschitzke had torn a calf muscle last Friday night and figured the extra pressure on the big men, in particular, to stay on ground due to the smaller interchange bench might have contributed. In the end Koschitzke was cleared of injury.

So it must have been in his head again!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Calf...meh...he'll be ok.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:BENCH PRESS

So it must have been in his head again!
A head-related calf injury? :D

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Of course it's crap but it doesn't mean he hasn't made a contribution or will not be useful this year or the next.
Yep he's contributed. Sporadically. Yep he may be really useful this year. Certainly hope so. Would love to see him throttle a few games, kick some goals and put in some consistent performances.