IntraClub Game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: IntraClub Game

last year i was almost ready to give up on winmar and was surprised when the club game him a 2 year extension.
but clearly they saw something. and now i see what. good size. plays with real urgency and intensity. nice kick and nice set of hands. like him.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:last year i was almost ready to give up on winmar and was surprised when the club game him a 2 year extension.
but clearly they saw something. and now i see what. good size. plays with real urgency and intensity. nice kick and nice set of hands. like him.
Just want to ask a question respectfuly but how do you change your mind that much from pretty much nothing. He has played an Intra Club match and then the 2 matches in 1 night and then the little training drill in Wangaratta? Just dont know how someone can make up their mind after that?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Richter
SS Life Member

clarky449 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:last year i was almost ready to give up on winmar and was surprised when the club game him a 2 year extension.
Just want to ask a question respectfuly but how do you change your mind that much from pretty much nothing. He has played an Intra Club match and then the 2 matches in 1 night and then the little training drill in Wangaratta? Just dont know how someone can make up their mind after that?
No you don't. You're looking to sneer at someone else's opinion. (Disrespectfully)

Con, like you, the little that I saw of Winmar last year I wasn't really sure what there was to like, but the snippets we've had this year are certainly more promising. He seems to have a certain presence on the ball now, whereas last year I found him anonymous. Let's hope he builds on these signs over the next couple of years and beyond.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

I agree on Winmar, saw a few sandy games last and he didn't show a lot. But this year so far he is far more intense and actually looks like a serious footballer. Could be the big improver this year

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I like the way Winmar plays but I must say I am confused that peoples opinions have changed after half a game of footy. And it looks like he was maybe even omitted after that half a game.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I like the way Winmar plays but I must say I am confused that peoples opinions have changed after half a game of footy. And it looks like he was maybe even omitted after that half a game.
It's not like it's half a game of good footy being compared with 30 or so games of nothing footy.

I think the people with this view are comparing half a game of footy with a few snippets of footy over the last couple of years. Those snippets didn't show us much while the half a game showed us a "tease" of some ability.

I don't think anyone's getting too excited but he just looked a bit more composed in the game we got to see the other week.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
No you don't. You're looking to sneer at someone else's opinion. (Disrespectfully)

Con, like you, the little that I saw of Winmar last year I wasn't really sure what there was to like, but the snippets we've had this year are certainly more promising. He seems to have a certain presence on the ball now, whereas last year I found him anonymous. Let's hope he builds on these signs over the next couple of years and beyond.
So you cant ask a question on this forum? I am curious.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
its not made up but it is healthier (it was pretty low last year i have to say). to use a shitehouse footy cliche that i effing hate!
"i like the way he goes about it".

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I like the way Winmar plays but I must say I am confused that peoples opinions have changed after half a game of footy. And it looks like he was maybe even omitted after that half a game.
yeah but he just looked better! less tentative. more go in him! we already know he can kick and mark

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Little I've seen of Winmar thus far suggests he will make it.

Seems like a bit of a Cale Morton type

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
skfc17
Club Player

terry 'tough nuts' milera

Carn the mighty Sainters
sainterjo
Club Player

skfc17 wrote:terry 'tough nuts' milera

Stick with Sweety, I reckon. It's the nickname he goes by...and how well does it lend itself to game day! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETY :D

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

No mention of Saad, did he not play?

Seeya
dragit
Saintsational Legend

sainterjo wrote:
skfc17 wrote:terry 'tough nuts' milera

Stick with Sweety, I reckon. It's the nickname he goes by...and how well does it lend itself to game day! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETY :D
"sweet nuts"?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:No mention of Saad, did he not play?
negative

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6287470574

shmic_s
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
negative

Love the comment at the bottom of that article:
Unbiased just love footy of Perth Posted at 4:33 PM March 02, 2012
Is the Herald Sun a sponsor of St Kilda FC or it players? The amount of articles written for this team over the last month or so, you would't know if there were any other teams in the AFL. How about sharing the publicity for others HS!
How things change... Still alot of positive press towards the club.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
negative

Love the comment at the bottom of that article:
Is the Herald Sun a sponsor of St Kilda FC or it players? The amount of articles written for this team over the last month or so, you would't know if there were any other teams in the AFL. How about sharing the publicity for others HS!
How things change... Still alot of positive press towards the club.
I have wondered - and probably wishful thinking- and fairytale.. that they are trying just alittle to make amends- But I know dreaming..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
skfc17
Club Player

and this knob is from perth. where the papers either purple or blue and yellow

Carn the mighty Sainters
PJ
SS Life Member

Seems to be a bit of an echo in the room.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.