So Ben was killed again...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Re: So Ben was killed again...

Compare McEvoy's output early last year to the end of the year. He went from getting around 10 hitouts and 8 touches per game to consistently getting 20+ and 12+. This is in his first year as the primary ruckman, at age 21. He is improving at a solid rate and will be one of the premier rucks of the comp once he hits his mid 20s. He does get beaten by more experienced rucks in the hitouts at the moment but he's bridging the gap and in time we won't be talking about this anymore. In the meantime we've also got Stanley who has just shown us that he can dominate center bounces (Ben's biggest weakness).

I'm not concerned about the quality of our ruck stocks, I am however worried about the depth. If McEvoy goes down we're in serious trouble as Rhys would only be a part-timer.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Re: So Ben was killed again...

mad saint guy wrote:Compare McEvoy's output early last year to the end of the year. He went from getting around 10 hitouts and 8 touches per game to consistently getting 20+ and 12+. This is in his first year as the primary ruckman, at age 21. He is improving at a solid rate and will be one of the premier rucks of the comp once he hits his mid 20s. He does get beaten by more experienced rucks in the hitouts at the moment but he's bridging the gap and in time we won't be talking about this anymore. In the meantime we've also got Stanley who has just shown us that he can dominate center bounces (Ben's biggest weakness).

I'm not concerned about the quality of our ruck stocks, I am however worried about the depth. If McEvoy goes down we're in serious trouble as Rhys would only be a part-timer.
+1, sensible post