David King says we're stuffed...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: David King says we're stuffed...

plugger66 wrote:
Like Geelong did all last year and Essendon did early last year. Sounds like an excuse to me. We arent changing our game plan to much. They need to be ready to go round one especially with our draw.
Inclined to agree.

Got 5 good shots early.

Go hard and you never know what might happen...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
skfc17
Club Player

KING WROTE OFF GEELONG LAST YEAR. WHAT MAKES HIM AN EXPERT BECAUSE HE PLAYED IN A FEW GF'S

Carn the mighty Sainters
dragit
Saintsational Legend

skfc17 wrote:KING WROTE OFF GEELONG LAST YEAR. WHAT MAKES HIM AN EXPERT BECAUSE HE PLAYED IN A FEW GF'S
So did rob eddy...

philtee
Club Player

This amuses me - a video from a Cats fan making D. King look like the back end of a duck -

saintly
Saintsational Legend

70s sainter wrote:I went to the praccy game vs pies , and I must admit, it left me with a feeling of dread re backline. I don't expect as much now and I hope I'm wrong . Lyon could coach and I believe went super defensive to cover our deficiencies , however it eventually swallowed the team and the ability to score at all . Like others on here have said , the backline might become more exposed every now and then , but scoring more at the other end , hopefully evens it out. And make for more enjoyable footy.
well, thats great, he coached for the here and now and didn't develop any future backmen?? is that what you are saying?

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
70s sainter wrote:I went to the praccy game vs pies , and I must admit, it left me with a feeling of dread re backline. I don't expect as much now and I hope I'm wrong . Lyon could coach and I believe went super defensive to cover our deficiencies , however it eventually swallowed the team and the ability to score at all . Like others on here have said , the backline might become more exposed every now and then , but scoring more at the other end , hopefully evens it out. And make for more enjoyable footy.
well, thats great, he coached for the here and now and didn't develop any future backmen?? is that what you are saying?
Let's not rewrite history guys. When Lyon first took over from Thomas he had a wonderful attacking team at his disposal who could kick 32 goals on a small ground and 27 or 28 on a large one. Lyon changed our game plan to one he believed could bring us a premiership. And let's be honest, he went as close as humanly possible on more than one occasion.

He didn't cover our deficiencies, he completely changed the games of the players we had back then.

Sippa, Crippsy, Ledger, and McEvoy, time to step on up.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
ace
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySainter wrote:Sam Fisher will be disappointed to hear we have no KP backs.
Sam Fisher is such a great half back flanker he is substituted for a centre half back. He is not a KP back. He is nowhere near tall enough.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
SinCitySainter wrote:Sam Fisher will be disappointed to hear we have no KP backs.
Sam Fisher is such a great half back flanker he is substituted for a centre half back. He is not a KP back. He is nowhere near tall enough.

Of course he is KPP. He is certainly tall enough and strong enough to play as a KP player but he is better for our side as a player who gets on his own. Dont expect that as much this year though as we will usually have 6 forwards IMO.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Of course he is KPP. He is certainly tall enough and strong enough to play as a KP player but he is better for our side as a player who gets on his own. Dont expect that as much this year though as we will usually have 6 forwards IMO.
:shock:

Thanks, hadn't thought of that

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Of course he is KPP. He is certainly tall enough and strong enough to play as a KP player but he is better for our side as a player who gets on his own. Dont expect that as much this year though as we will usually have 6 forwards IMO.

Well RL usually only had 5 so he could get Fisher free but I dont think Watters will do that.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

plugger66 wrote:
Like Geelong did all last year and Essendon did early last year. Sounds like an excuse to me. We arent changing our game plan to much. They need to be ready to go round one especially with our draw.
Im only getting on the plugger merry-go-round for one rotation so here goes.
either you didnt read what was said or you misunderstood.
...the decline started before Watters arrived...
...IF we dont change the way we play we are in for a world of hurt, as it has not proved ultimately successful in the past, ...
...it took time for Lyon to mould the saints...
the comparison of StKilda with Geelong is invalid as we have not achieved anywhere near their success before AND after a coach change
the comparison with essendon is just plain strange as they have not acheived anywhere near our success

Seeya
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Well RL usually only had 5 so he could get Fisher free but I dont think Watters will do that.
those were the days...whenever Lyon was able to get Fisher free we would usually win..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ross had 5 Fwds......roo, Milne, Kosi, schnieder????

Oh
That's right, the fwd whose job it was to not get a kick.....

Warwick

FB Wilkes
CFB Koschitzke

Looks pretty solid to me..

Throw in Goddard and Fisher x2 All Australian HB's
With Gilbert and Gram/Gwilt when available
imo we r looking good

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Stuff David King

Tweet tweet

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Warwick wrote:FB Wilkes
CFB Koschitzke

imo we r looking good
So you think. But it would get killed playing against AFL teams. Kosi is too slow for defence. No way near agile enough. Mistake.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Jaz
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:
CFB Koschitzke

imo we r looking good
So you think. But it would get killed playing against AFL teams. Kosi is too slow for defence. No way near agile enough. Mistake.
Some of Kosi's best footy was in defence for us. If you have Fisher "filling the hole" to mark a leading forward you can have kosi deep handling the one on one contests.

Also having is big long kick out of defence to break the press would be invaluable.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Jaz wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
CFB Koschitzke

imo we r looking good
Some of Kosi's best footy was in defence for us. If you have Fisher "filling the hole" to mark a leading forward you can have kosi deep handling the one on one contests.

Also having is big long kick out of defence to break the press would be invaluable.
Watters has said that he won't be reinventing Kosi. It's probably becuase he's not suited to the role that you have suggested.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Im only getting on the plugger merry-go-round for one rotation so here goes.
either you didnt read what was said or you misunderstood.
...the decline started before Watters arrived...
...IF we dont change the way we play we are in for a world of hurt, as it has not proved ultimately successful in the past, ...
...it took time for Lyon to mould the saints...
the comparison of StKilda with Geelong is invalid as we have not achieved anywhere near their success before AND after a coach change
the comparison with essendon is just plain strange as they have not acheived anywhere near our success

Geelong still changed their game plan last year and were successful from the start. The point about Essendon last year is they changed their game plan and their best footy was early. Sorry but I dont suscribe to minor changes of the game plan as reasons to struggle early. We also cant afford to struggle early as we have a soft draw early. I stand by what I said that is is an excuse just like people say missing the practice game was an excuse. Didnt seem to effect Essendon who also missed a game. At least we had an intraclub game. If we lose round one it will due to other reasons than just a change in game plans.

Team Tommy
Club Player

Teflon wrote:On SEN this morning King said Saints fans will be livid with what Lyon has left behind by about Rd 4. Says we have no KP backs (some truth in that) and the overall list is in a bad way. Watson said he was amazed watching Tom Lynch the other night and how we let him go??

Gonna be a very interesting year ...
I'm livid already.Lyon has done us no favours. Both Tommys will be sorely missed.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Ross had 5 Fwds......roo, Milne, Kosi, schnieder????

Oh
That's right, the fwd whose job it was to not get a kick.....
:lol:

Team Tommy
Club Player

philtee wrote:This amuses me - a video from a Cats fan making D. King look like the back end of a duck -

Loved it, and Robbo is right.

Saints Angel
Club Player

[color=#000000][/color][quote="SaintPav"]So has SEN picked up all the 3AW hacks like King, Walls has it? At least Roham Connolly has a brain.[/quote]

They must be working for peanuts. Appauling to think if you listen to this radio station you have to put up with these guys. Thankfull I will be at the games and won't have to submit to St. Kilda games on this station with these bufoons.

skfc17
Club Player

even though we got beaten against the eagles. some of kosi's marks from kick out and kicks through the centre were quite effective

Carn the mighty Sainters
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I'm just curious. Does anyone know what changes were made to Geelongs game plan last year that differed from Thomsons game plan?