TOMMY LEDGER !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: TOMMY LEDGER !!

To the top wrote:Why do you think we drafted Milera and Saad given we have Milne?
milne is 32 and regardless of what you think of him he'll be gone soon. i don't think it's much more complicated than that.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:And, just to add, I must have been at a different game, because on the majority of times that Cripps left the inter-change bench (right in front of us) he went into our defensive structure.
nope, i disagree. he played mid and forward most of the day. was lining up on the wing for most of the first half with goddard on the other side.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Have to ask, what is he doing wrong?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Have to ask, what is he doing wrong?
Too much endevour and youth. Our previous coach,and this coach don't like that. They like boring,dull,unskilled,plodders

Yawn

Bring back the Lockett era
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
Too much endevour and youth. Our previous coach,and this coach don't like that. They like boring,dull,unskilled,plodders

Yawn
Nah, has to be more to it than that.

His body must not be 100% yet?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:

Yawn

So we know he was dropped? We really do get bad coaches dont we. Maybe we should sack the board afterall they appoint the coaches. I have had enough of Watters. Afterall he has had 2 games and still cant get it right.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Yawn

So we know he was dropped? We really do get bad coaches dont we. Maybe we should sack the board afterall they appoint the coaches. I have had enough of Watters. Afterall he has had 2 games and still cant get it right.

Obviously a blatant over dramatisation of events...

However when the pre season talk was of the list being rejuvenated,and Ledger and Siposs are not being played, I can't help be frustrated and uninspired

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Yawn

Obviously a blatant over dramatisation of events...

However when the pre season talk was of the list being rejuvenated,and Ledger and Siposs are not being played, I can't help be frustrated and uninspired

I think we have 5 guys still playing tonight with less than 10 games. That is pretty good. Maybe Ledger is injured or isnt doing the right thing at training. As for Siposs he maybe should have played round one but then got injured and didnt do enough last week apparently. We certainly shouldnt gift games. That helps no one.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Milne is pretty dangerous, having a warning bell for the opposition is a bit extreme though ;)
It didn't work on our cat, it won't work on Milney.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:However when the pre season talk was of the list being rejuvenated,and Ledger and Siposs are not being played, I can't help be frustrated and uninspired
so you want your own favourite set of kids to be played? rather than the coach's choices of newnes, milera, simpkin, cripps, stanley?

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

read that we promote strong truth policy internally, if you have a niggle you gotta come clean. maybe that's what happened to Gilbo also.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Siposs played very well vs coburg.

He currently does not have a spot.

Ledger should be in, instead of cripps.....better player.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
jonesy wrote:However when the pre season talk was of the list being rejuvenated,and Ledger and Siposs are not being played, I can't help be frustrated and uninspired
so you want your own favourite set of kids to be played? rather than the coach's choices of newnes, milera, simpkin, cripps, stanley?

It's an opinion game,most of us sit from the outside with an opinion,if we didn't have one this board wouldn't exsist. Am I wrong.. maybe?

Milera,and Stanley at the moment are locks for sure,no complaints there. Happy for Simpkin to get his chance whilst Gwilt is out. Newnes looks a likely type,might not be quite there yet,and Cripps is clearly struggeling. I just want our best kids in,and Siposs and Ledger clearly are. Last nights peformance was excellent however,so Kudos to the entire team and coaching staff. I'd still like to see Ledger and Siposs in though for Cripps and Newnes for now going forward. I just can't see how Siposs's bomb can't be used as a potent weapon with the current structure of the forward line. As for Ledger,well Lenny covered up our missing junkyard type alliment last night,what a freak he is

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:I'd still like to see Ledger and Siposs in though for Cripps and Newnes for now going forward.
cripps has been quiet so i think it's probably time for him to go out. newnes on the other hand has done basically everything expected of him in the back pocket. neither of those two are back pockets, and it's pretty harsh to drop a guy who hasn't really put a foot wrong. why bring kids in if you're just going to drop them without cause?

also, i'd be worried having siposs and milera in the same side. at this stage in their careers both can still have really quiet games, and you can only afford one of those in the team at a time.

i expect to see ledger in for cripps next week, but much as i like siposs i just don't think he's vying for a spot with newnes.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
jonesy wrote:I'd still like to see Ledger and Siposs in though for Cripps and Newnes for now going forward.
cripps has been quiet so i think it's probably time for him to go out. newnes on the other hand has done basically everything expected of him in the back pocket. neither of those two are back pockets, and it's pretty harsh to drop a guy who hasn't really put a foot wrong. why bring kids in if you're just going to drop them without cause?

also, i'd be worried having siposs and milera in the same side. at this stage in their careers both can still have really quiet games, and you can only afford one of those in the team at a time.

i expect to see ledger in for cripps next week, but much as i like siposs i just don't think he's vying for a spot with newnes.

Pretty accurate. Would be pretty harsh for Newnes to be dropped. I guess last night when I made the comments it was before the game,and I just want to be excited again. I didn't see last night coming to be honest

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Pretty accurate. Would be pretty harsh for Newnes to be dropped. I guess last night when I made the comments it was before the game,and I just want to be excited again. I didn't see last night coming to be honest
yeah, ditto. not unhappy though...

westcoast
Club Player

The issue here is that he was named in teams for round 1 and 3, and not played in either. Replaced by Polo in both cases.Why select him at all if he's not going to be played?
Pretty disappointing for the guy
No reason given for last night, presume not injured as played sandy reserves today.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

westcoast wrote:The issue here is that he was named in teams for round 1 and 3, and not played in either. Replaced by Polo in both cases.Why select him at all if he's not going to be played?
Pretty disappointing for the guy
No reason given for last night, presume not injured as played sandy reserves today.
presumably he was told and explained why he was dropped.