Neil Roberts

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Neil Roberts

What a man ~ a true legend ~ could have listened to his story telling for hours ~ very funny story about dentistry and the filth ~ a beautiful man still full of beans and looking great!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Neil Roberts

barks4eva wrote:What a man ~ a true legend ~ could have listened to his story telling for hours ~ very funny story about dentistry and the filth ~ a beautiful man still full of beans and looking great!
How true. Great dialogue between him and Fox. Michael Roberts did alright as MC today at members day.

Gudinski then appears on the Logies to accept Molly's Hall of Fame award as out comes a Saints scarf.

Does it get any better than this TV wise all in one day? :cool:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Yeah top bloke. I met him at Etihad in 2003, when the Saints beat Adelaide in Rd 2.

My mates dad, Harold Davies, played with Neil in the fifties, before injury cut his career short. Harold had passed away in September 02, and this game was an armband game for H and a couple of other Saints who had passed away.

My mates family were guests at the game and I flew down with them. We had lunch at a Saints function, then watched the boys. That was the game they were flogging the Crows and had to withstand a McLeod blitz to win by 8 pts.

Great day, my first and only time at Etihad. Chatted to Neil in the toilets at three qtr time, dribbled to him about watching World Of Sport as a kid. Lovely man, impeccably dressed.

Have very good memories of that day though it ended up a blinder, culminating in me being asked to leave Crown... :lol:

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Yeah top bloke. I met him at Etihad in 2003, when the Saints beat Adelaide in Rd 2.

My mates dad, Harold Davies, played with Neil in the fifties, before injury cut his career short. Harold had passed away in September 02, and this game was an armband game for H and a couple of other Saints who had passed away.

My mates family were guests at the game and I flew down with them. We had lunch at a Saints function, then watched the boys. That was the game they were flogging the Crows and had to withstand a McLeod blitz to win by 8 pts.

Great day, my first and only time at Etihad. Chatted to Neil in the toilets at three qtr time, dribbled to him about watching World Of Sport as a kid. Lovely man, impeccably dressed.

Have very good memories of that day though it ended up a blinder, culminating in me being asked to leave Crown... :lol:
Great story but maybe too much information.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
sainter27
Club Player

That story about Robbie Muir had me in stitches!

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

A heap of us were singing the old school theme song ("Oh I do like to be beside the seaside...") leaving the MCG in 2010 after we beat the Bulldogs in the prelim to make the GF, and Neil Roberts was drawn like a moth to a flame and came over and sang it with us! That was a magic moment, especially in the circumstances...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Replayed tonight at 6.30. A real must