BJ on Before The Game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

andrewg
Club Player

BJ on Before The Game

Did anyone else watch? He seemed loyal but disappointed he didn't admit there is an offer.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: BJ on Before The Game

andrewg wrote:Did anyone else watch? He seemed loyal but disappointed he didn't admit there is an offer.
diddn't see it but an offer from the Saints you mean?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Nah,I thought that was the most promising he's sounded since talk of him leaving.

I'm more confident after that one

Bring back the Lockett era
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

not sure how andrewg is reading it
BUt untill the video become available

BJ was asked in a not very concise manner- not a clear question- he had sam rattled/ disarmed
but he was asked had he recieved an offer from other than the saints-- he queried did they mean has he recieved an offer from someone else or the saints--
he said he hadn't recieved an offer- - they roughly asked had his managamen been given an offer from anyone..
with the questions getting no clearer-

BJ stated
he had instructed his management that he was planning to stay wished to stay a saint for life, and he and his management and the club had begun discussions 6-8 weeks ago....
No other offer has been recieved... as he stands here and now.

some can assist with exact words- I have it taped but currently unable to watch it.
BUT his demeanour, manner and comfort in the response- was TO ME- safe in where he was at and how he stands, happy and relaxed...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think he needs to be guarded in how much he says.

I still have no doubt he is staying.

Bit of a politician is our BJ, clever knack of repeating every question back to give him time to think of answer.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

ok thanks, I'm clear now.... :roll:

:D

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:ok thanks, I'm clear now.... :roll:

it's ok the BTG team confused themselves BUt BJ was clear about staying a Saint for life...... as he stood right there..
he did say he was happy that Scott enjoys golf..

listening to Scott the other night he mentioned ringing BJ the night before--
who ever was interviewing said- do you do that often- he replied it was interesting what you find out about players from a phone call..- sounded like pleasing information-absolutely no info on what it was but if it was not good info, I doubt he would have even intimated about it.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
SaintPav wrote:ok thanks, I'm clear now.... :roll:

it's ok the BTG team confused themselves BUt BJ was clear about staying a Saint for life...... as he stood right there..
he did say he was happy that Scott enjoys golf..

listening to Scott the other night he mentioned ringing BJ the night before--
who ever was interviewing said- do you do that often- he replied it was interesting what you find out about players from a phone call..- sounded like pleasing information-absolutely no info on what it was but if it was not good info, I doubt he would have even intimated about it.
thanks... :D

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

found the comment from RSN interview mid week
http://www.rsn.net.au/audioplayer/1334629328.mp3

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
andrewg
Club Player

I think he will stay but I know for a fact there is a big offer from GWS on the table. That's not to say GWS just don't change the name on the front page of the contract, photocopy it and send it to all the big names out of contract. But there ABSOLUtELY is an offer on the table.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:I think he will stay but I know for a fact there is a big offer from GWS on the table. That's not to say GWS just don't change the name on the front page of the contract, photocopy it and send it to all the big names out of contract. But there ABSOLUtELY is an offer on the table.

How do you know that? i know there has been no offer from GWS but from other clubs. My mum told me.

andrewg
Club Player

I just know cabt say how. I have no reason to make it up

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:I just know cabt say how. I have no reason to make it up

Sorry to doubt you. Funny that your first ever post said you were 80% sure Fev had signed with the saints. Anyway after looking that up i take it BJ has never spoken to GWs. Bye now.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I'll get howled for this.................BUT..

IF there is a GWS offer on the table.......then Saints, given where we are headed the next 5-7yrs, ought get the best deal we can in a draft thats meant to be v good. What we take this draft WILL be part of our next Premiership tilt. As others have said, if we can secure 4 picks inside 30 that ought to be the aim.

IMHO Goddards a great player.......but he's a player that doesnt win his own ball, plays well behind the ball with good foot skills and good overhead. See Sam Fisher Mark 2. Fishers been signed.

“Yeah….nah””
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

As id BJ or anyone is going to come out at this time of season and say there are offers on table from numerous clubs... He might not have offer from GWS but what about Gold Coast? Melbourne? He can walk anywhere under free agency if that club puts big $$$ on his head and we cant match it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You just don't let quality like that go.

Who's to say the kids you pick up will be any good?

andrewg
Club Player

I have only been around a little while on the Forum but plugger you do not have many fans here. you are always up for a fight and are simply imflamitory all the time. i will not be taking notice of your posts you are my ghost.

I agree with you TEFLOn but not BJ we should keep BJ and try to get picks for Joey. I love Joey but based on your theory we will be better off if we trade him. We have players that can be just as good as joey next year (steven and ledger) he has currency with other clubs and we all know he isnt in the same league as Dal, Goddard, Hayes and Fisher
IMO

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:I have only been around a little while on the Forum but plugger you do not have many fans here. you are always up for a fight and are simply imflamitory all the time. i will not be taking notice of your posts you are my ghost.

I agree with you TEFLOn but not BJ we should keep BJ and try to get picks for Joey. I love Joey but based on your theory we will be better off if we trade him. We have players that can be just as good as joey next year (steven and ledger) he has currency with other clubs and we all know he isnt in the same league as Dal, Goddard, Hayes and Fisher
IMO
I hear that but if you know Joey isnt in the same league as Goodard and co.......dont you think other clubs already know that?

Gotta give quality to get it.........this draft could really set us up to be back sooner rather than later.

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:I have only been around a little while on the Forum but plugger you do not have many fans here. you are always up for a fight and are simply imflamitory all the time. i will not be taking notice of your posts you are my ghost.

IMO
But BJ is going isn't he?

andrewg
Club Player

I think BJ will stay. Your right TEFLON but I really think other teams see joey as an A grade midfielder I really think we could negatiate a top ten pick for him.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:I think BJ will stay. Your right TEFLON but I really think other teams see joey as an A grade midfielder I really think we could negatiate a top ten pick for him.
Erm, no...can't see us getting a top ten pick for Joey; not on this years form anyway.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

IMO

Glad you are ignoring me and I am your ghost. Just had a look at some more inside info posts from you. Quite funny. Jones to Port Adelaide for Salapek. Will happen, sorry no it didnt. Jack off to the pies if RL stayed. Never was going to happen and that is from one little jackie boy. Malthouse to take over academy. Was never going to happen because we didnt even have the money to appoint anyone this year.

So as i said previously BJ may go but you are making it up that you know he has spoken to GWS.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:You just don't let quality like that go.

Who's to say the kids you pick up will be any good?
Spot on, not all top draft picks are guns and very few will be as good as bj, same reason tanking is no good

I love this club
BushDave
Club Player

If he goes then we better get something for him and not screw up like we did with Ball and Lyons.

Never Give Up!
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

BushDave wrote:If he goes then we better get something for him and not screw up like we did with Ball and Lyons.
What do you mean screw up with Lyon
we got to get rid of the $300k rabbit in the headlights as part of that package!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!