Mcevoy -33 in hitout count !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

andrewg
Club Player

Re: Mcevoy -33 in hitout count !

BAD CALL big mac will be fine. Cox and sandi were sastics in their first fove years with their clubs. Take a chill pill and give the boy a chance

bergsone
SS Life Member

Nasher wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Exactly no club can afford to wait that long for a player to improve - the club needed to recruit an older ruckmen to fill the void!
Melbourne supporter here - I'd just like to point out that we had to wait an effing long time for Jamar to be even considered competent, let alone a good ruckman. Have some patience - it's cliché in footy circles to crap on about how big men take time, but it holds true for all but the most athletically gifted big men.
How dare you come on here.....and make sense :wink: :wink: :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:jamar is a good player and 5 years older than macca. peak of his powers at 28.
macca is going fine. will be a gun player when he is 28.

Exactly no club can afford to wait that long for a player to improve - the club needed to recruit an older ruckmen to fill the void!

So we then play Ben in the seconds? That will help him a lot. Please think before you post. Ben is doing very well for a young ruckman and will continue to improve. And when did being captain and how many hitouts you get relate to each other.

By the way both ruckman had to the same hitouts to advantage and Jamar may have been an AA player if I recall correctly.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Nasher wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Exactly no club can afford to wait that long for a player to improve - the club needed to recruit an older ruckmen to fill the void!
Melbourne supporter here - I'd just like to point out that we had to wait an effing long time for Jamar to be even considered competent, let alone a good ruckman. Have some patience - it's cliché in footy circles to crap on about how big men take time, but it holds true for all but the most athletically gifted big men.

Probably the most relevent comment of the thread. Opposition supporters can often make the best observations because they are unbiased.

citywest

WinnersOnly wrote:Mcevoy -33 in hitout count ! I have said it before but we are never going to be a top 4 side with this guy as our No 1 ruckman. Jamar absolutely destroyed him tonight & McEvoy didn't even give a peep! I can't believe people have touted him as our next captain. IMO the club has really erred with not going after another ruckman over the break. He might be a nice guy but he is never going to be a nice tap ruckmen.
I will assume you are not a troll.

Your OP has to go down in history as the most stupid ever!!! Considering how young McEvoy is, we are very lucky to have him. When you throw in Stanley we have a ruck division for the next 10 years. If I was list manager of St Kilda I would be very happy knowing that I do not need to worry about recruiting a ruckman. I could concentrate on midfielders and key position players.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe we didn't get Rock Hudson.

Seriously, ruck domination is the single greatest fraud imposed by the footy intelligentsia ever.

Sandiliands, the best of all, dominated agaisnt the Saints, and yet statistically we should have won the game becasue of our superior clearance work.

A balance between ruck skill, ground level ability and round the ground nous is the future of rucking. McEvoy will be a beaut.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
dalboy
Club Player

Hopefully its not you Mr Six O'clock instructing Beg Ben where to hit the ball, im sorry to say that simply bashing the ball forward at every contest is outdated and predictable. The game has gome past that. 9 hit outs to advantage compared to 7 says he did alright on the weekend compared to Jamar. Tapping the ball down a team mates throat is a very difficult skill in this modern game but is still the best way to gain a clearance.

Happiness is a warm pie!