Adrian Anderson should be fired.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Adrian Anderson should be fired.

Farewell Monkey Boy.

Your MRP process has been shown to be a joke 3 times this year.

Farcical situation today with Joey.

If the idiots got their facts right there would've been no case to answer.

Two other big charges have been reversed in previous rounds (can't remember the names) with the media howling down the process in each case.

And yet Monkey Boy keeps making it up on the run every time.

Time for a new Footy Ops manager IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Adrian Anderson should be fired.

saintspremiers wrote:Farewell Monkey Boy.

You MRP process has been shown to be a joke 3 times this year.

Two other big charges have been reversed in previous rounds (can't remember the names) with the media howling down the process in each case.

Are you upset after you said he was guilty? This proves the system works. I dont know if you were old enough but the other system got just as much bad publicity as this one and that was before all these chat sites. It would cop even more now.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

The system doesn't work!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:The system doesn't work!

It works better than the old system. Not sure there is a better system. The NRL use this one as well. Soccer has a shocking system IMO and that is the biggest game in the world. I am sure if they could get a better one they would use it.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

It works better than the old system. Not sure there is a better system. The NRL use this one as well. Soccer has a shocking system IMO and that is the biggest game in the world. I am sure if they could get a better one they would use it.
The reason the system doesn't work is because there is too much grey area.

Just like the umpiring on a weekly basis (and I will never blame umpiring for us losing) it seems the MRP only focus on certain things for a while then move onto something else.

Last year it was Head High bumps and sling tackles. Raines would have got 3 weeks last year for his bump on Selwood and this year - nothing.

There is no consistency! The Joey incident is ridiculous for a different reason. A whole panel saw him "strike" Magner to a degree where they could even tell us how much force was used. Not just one person but a Panel of a number of people. Then we find out that it was a knee not a strike ....... How does that work?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The reason the system doesn't work is because there is too much grey area.

Just like the umpiring on a weekly basis (and I will never blame umpiring for us losing) it seems the MRP only focus on certain things for a while then move onto something else.

Last year it was Head High bumps and sling tackles. Raines would have got 3 weeks last year for his bump on Selwood and this year - nothing.

There is no consistency! The Joey incident is ridiculous for a different reason. A whole panel saw him "strike" Magner to a degree where they could even tell us how much force was used. Not just one person but a Panel of a number of people. Then we find out that it was a knee not a strike ....... How does that work?

They make errors there is no doubt but so does every system. Could you imagine the uproar if we used the Soccer system. I am pretty sure they dont try to make errors but when they do at least you have 2 avenues to hopefully get you off. Joey was a mistake that has know been fixed. Raines was very lucky.

ace
Saintsational Legend

There can be no doubt as to the corruption of the match review panel.

They charge Montagna with striking.
I have looked at the replay over and over again and could not see him throw a punch.
The MRP saw that Magner went off as a result of some head contact so they maliciously and falsely charged Montagna.
It now turns out that the prosecutor having looked at all the evidence and Magner statement realised that indeed Montagna did not throw a punch but that Magner had been accidently hit in the face by a knee.

The MRP must be sacked for trying to stich Montagna up.

One thing is certain, like when Judd was not cited for striking Pavlich and won the Brownlow, the AFL is determined that Joel Selwood will be given the Brownlow this year.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Not sure that Anderson should go BUT they should look closely at former Essendon player & umpire, Mark Fraser who heads the MRP

Disclaimer* I got it wrong too !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: They make errors there is no doubt but so does every system. Could you imagine the uproar if we used the Soccer system. I am pretty sure they dont try to make errors but when they do at least you have 2 avenues to hopefully get you off. Joey was a mistake that has know been fixed. Raines was very lucky.
Plugger normally I appreciate your common sense when it comes to discussions re umpires and tribunals - you don't get caught up in knee-jerk one eyed stuff.
But on this occasion it's a bit lame to just say, "They make errors.....". I'm with I Luv Harvey here. How can a whole panel of experienced experts judge, from video evidence, with as much time as they need to watch it hundreds of time if necessary, that a player has struck another only to have it withdrawn because it was actually an accidental knee?
Yep it's an error.
But it's a howler and it certainly does call into question the integrity of the system and the expertise of the MRP. Should never have been laid in the first place.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote: They make errors there is no doubt but so does every system. Could you imagine the uproar if we used the Soccer system. I am pretty sure they dont try to make errors but when they do at least you have 2 avenues to hopefully get you off. Joey was a mistake that has know been fixed. Raines was very lucky.
Plugger normally I appreciate your common sense when it comes to discussions re umpires and tribunals - you don't get caught up in knee-jerk one eyed stuff.
But on this occasion it's a bit lame to just say, "They make errors.....". I'm with I Luv Harvey here. How can a whole panel of experienced experts judge, from video evidence, with as much time as they need to watch it hundreds of time if necessary, that a player has struck another only to have it withdrawn because it was actually an accidental knee?
Yep it's an error.
But it's a howler and it certainly does call into question the integrity of the system and the expertise of the MRP. Should never have been laid in the first place.

In hindsight obviously but only a couple on here thought it was his leg and that is biased people. A few biased people thought he was guilty and a few sid it was an accident from his hand. The problem is the system doesnt allow for talking to players because lets face it most lie and they dont get club evidence. Maybe if there is doubt they get off but maybe also the MVP thought there was no doubt and were just plain wrong. I am unsure what could change because the old system was terrible. Maybe the people on it have no idea. The thing is we have no idea what is being done behind the scenes. All i know is the system eventually worked and I know Joey is playing this week.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Yep it's an error.

In hindsight obviously but only a couple on here thought it was his leg and that is biased people. A few biased people thought he was guilty and a few sid it was an accident from his hand. The problem is the system doesnt allow for talking to players because lets face it most lie and they dont get club evidence. Maybe if there is doubt they get off but maybe also the MVP thought there was no doubt and were just plain wrong. I am unsure what could change because the old system was terrible. Maybe the people on it have no idea. The thing is we have no idea what is being done behind the scenes. All i know is the system eventually worked and I know Joey is playing this week.
I think the concern that most of us have is that there must have been some form of "Kangaroo Court" this afternoon to reach the decision WITHOUT a hearing. Makes it extremely difficult for the AFL to defend the integrity & independence of the MRP/Tribunal system !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

Are you upset after you said he was guilty? This proves the system works. I dont know if you were old enough but the other system got just as much bad publicity as this one and that was before all these chat sites. It would cop even more now.
They have a process and it worked?

They charge players without direct evidence from the players involved, then they head to the tribunal and deliberate and make a final decision. It is all perfectly plausible and I do not see why people are whinging about it.

If players knew they have done nothing wrong then why would they accept early guilty sanctions?

Case in point and the process works. Some of the actual rulings and rules do not but that is different to this.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:There can be no doubt as to the corruption of the match review panel.

They charge Montagna with striking.
I have looked at the replay over and over again and could not see him throw a punch.
The MRP saw that Magner went off as a result of some head contact so they maliciously and falsely charged Montagna.
It now turns out that the prosecutor having looked at all the evidence and Magner statement realised that indeed Montagna did not throw a punch but that Magner had been accidently hit in the face by a knee.

The MRP must be sacked for trying to stich Montagna up.

One thing is certain, like when Judd was not cited for striking Pavlich and won the Brownlow, the AFL is determined that Joel Selwood will be given the Brownlow this year.
agree with you 100%...the mrp really stuffed up this time and got caught with their filthy little hands in the cookie jar...how the f*** can you be found guilty of something that didn't happen..was not seen to happen..and there was no f****** evidence to say that it did happen...ffs....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

This year the tribunal has overturned several MRP decisions.

Quite unlike previous years where MRP decisions nearly always held.

Why the change?

Why is the MRP so incompetent this season suddenly?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I agree with plugger. The system is inconsistant but still works a hell of a lot better than the previous one.

This result shows the system works on occasions.

Anyway Anderson is a clown and still should be sacked............

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Well the System might work if the people running it managed to do their job properly.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:I agree with plugger. The system is inconsistant but still works a hell of a lot better than the previous one.

We're at round 5 and they are averaging 1 shocker at least a week atm.

Just because it's better than the old system doesn't mean that it works.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

The system works?

Are you kidding?

The fact that Joey was charged with striking....seriously did they even LOOK at the incident. I watched it twice on my mobile phone and could see he hit him with his knee.

System is a joke.

Should we discuss Selwood? Absolute farce.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

No they changed the name s*** to faeces and told us it's new. It is a plea bargain system designed to free the AFL the cost of weekly legal representation not better justice. It would be just as criticised as the current one but you could go straight to the tribunal to have a panel adjudicate.Now media runs the show not lawyers.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I would like to see all the camera angles , to see if the mrp are really do their job properly .
the replays shown to the viewers only show a couple of angles , which look inconclusive .
I thought they have in excess of six cameras watching the play , including one at each end to get down the field shots . you would think one of those may have shown the incident clearly , and if not , then how could they come up with their original decision ?
If one of those camera angle shows joeys knee making contact , then the mrp should be sacked as they obviously haven't been very thorough with their job !!!
I'm sure they don't do the job for love , they would be very well paid .

In red white and black from 73
Freebird
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Yep it's an error.
Plugger only appeals to cretins..indicating plugger normally makes sense would make you one

Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

Does anyone know the names of the faceless men on the MRP who made this decision?
And what were they smoking?

The system lies in tatters.
Looks like he struck with an accidental knee!

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Yep it's an error.
Plugger only appeals to cretins..indicating plugger normally makes sense would make you one

Yep that is as good as your comment yesterday. Now that has become even funnier. How do you spell idiot again?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I agree with plugger. The system is inconsistant but still works a hell of a lot better than the previous one.

What the hell have you got against dwarfs????...sheesh..poor form Joffa, poor form...I really expected better from you on this.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:The system works?

Are you kidding?

The fact that Joey was charged with striking....seriously did they even LOOK at the incident. I watched it twice on my mobile phone and could see he hit him with his knee.

System is a joke.

Should we discuss Selwood? Absolute farce
exactly
joeys incident i can live with even tho the original call was wrong
but selwood throws a left hook and connects to a guys head and thats fine
because raines didnt drop like a bag of shite
we've seen love taps get more weeks

joke