Umpires Round

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkfc1
Club Player

Re: Umpires Round

Jacob Mollinson has umpired us the last three games,and he has has seriously reemed us every time. I hope the AFL are checking these guys banks accounts because some of these decisions are beyond incompetence.I've had opposition supports who have watched our last few games with me, shaking their heads at some of the decisions we are coping. I may get flamed for suggesting this, but I believe the integrity of our great game is in question.

TJMcCarthy
Club Player

The umpiring gods are not with us. The final score flattered the dawks due to this unbalance.

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!
Kate
Club Player

Oh for the good old days when after an ump put in a stinker they'd be sent to the bush the following week.

Today they have to be injured to miss a game. There's no incentive for them to improve.

As for Mollison his bias stands out like white balls on a black dog. But he'll still get a gig next week. :roll:

saint6709
Club Player

I think it is time for the club to lodge an official complaint and request the game to be reviewed in terms of umpire performance - Won't help for last night - but may improve some umpiring performances in future St Kilda games...

SaintWal
Club Player

I am normally very placid at the footy but last night I had to walk away a couple of times in pure frustration. Not good enough at this level. So many errors that have been listed in this post already. I think at times our players were genuinely stunned at the inconsistency and what the margin at the end does not reflect is the run on effect that goals, that were denied during the game, would have had.

happy feet
Club Player

I don't post on here very often, but the umpiring last night was bloody pathetic. I would like to ask - how come the decisions that were plainly incorrect, only went againts the Saints?

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

i was so incensed last night i was droppin s, f and c bombs at what once again, looked like a directive to play us off a handicap

One thing I've never really discussed, is that "back in my day" if there were hands to the ball before a player grabs it, it's touched and not a mark.

OK, so in a marking contest this can be sometimes quite difficult to ascertain and maybe the set of hands that demonstrates control is awarded the mark, but when the ball obviously passes through / touches a set of hands (say 20-30 cm)before another set of hands grabs it, surely this is not a mark, or am i missing something.

Did anyone see the mark awarded to Hawthorn after it went, quite clearly through, touching, Gilbert's hands in the last quarter?

So is it the umpires' role to facilitate a spectacle, paying marks in front of goal just because someone flies and grabs it - is this like show wrestling, give the crowd something even if it's a fake as f***

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I was with my Hawks supporting mate and he was laughing at some of the decisions that went against us. Apparently umpire appreciation round so the did a s*** job just to see how far they can stretch it. Must be a few bookmakers needing Hawks to make finals.

Sainterman
Club Player

gringo wrote:I was with my Hawks supporting mate and he was laughing at some of the decisions that went against us. Apparently umpire appreciation round so the did a s*** job just to see how far they can stretch it. Must be a few bookmakers needing Hawks to make finals.
Was also with a Hawks fan last night, he couldn't believe how bad they were. He was happy with it though, he loved the free ride! Rioli must have loved it too, I reckon he got 2 or 3 of his goals gifted, the worst of which was the head first into Polo and then 50.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Is it the same umpires that are affecting the result of games each week? The umpiring in the Filth/dogs game the other night was pretty good!

WHEN YOU DON'T NOTICE THE MAGGOTS THAT MEANS THEY ARE DOING A GOOD JOB! As someone posted earlier, the Suns were ripped off twice in front of goal, allowing the Shockers to get easy goals.

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE! CAN THE CAPTAINS GET TOGETHER WITH THE PLAYERS ASSOCIATION? PEOPLE ARE PAYING GOOD MONEY EACH WEEK TO SEE GMAES DECIDED BY s*** DECISIONS.

philtee
Club Player

Shocker of a 50 metre penalty paid against Rhys Stanley about 5 minutes into the first quarter.
A Hawk marked the ball in his back pocket, and Stanley quite correctly took position directly on
the mark, even pointing to the exact spot, but blithering Umpire 20 pays a 50 for Stanley having
gone over the mark.

Before that I was congratulating Stanley for actually having gone right to the mark instead of
hanging back as some lazy players do.

Umpire 20 - either Hay, Findlay or Mollison - simply not aware of where the actual mark was.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Anyone who watched the game on TV or listened to it on the Radio able to give some feedback about the umpiring? I know that being biased means I will see things more against us. Being at the game some of the decisions absolutely confounded me and would love to know what the impartial people may have thought.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Umpires destroyed the contest!

Should have been a tight close game at the end but Hawthorn were gifted about six goals on the scoreboard with a couple of two goal turn arounds due to incompetent umpiring.

Two goals we did not get from Goddard and Stanley were further compounded by end to end replies!

How anyone cannot see that Rioli ducked his head is beyond belief and then compound that even further with a soft 50 metre penalty!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Quixote
SS Life Member

We have been getting slaughtered , just quite simply slaughtered this season by those over-zealous over-officiating poonced-up fluro-prim tight-short-wearing blow-happy midget-BASTARDS!

And that's putting it nicely. We've been getting screwed since Round 1. Not - f****** - happy.
Last edited by Quixote on Sun 06 May 2012 1:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:^^^ We have been getting slaughtered , just quite simply slaughtered this season by those over-zealous over-officiating poonced-up fluro-prim tight-short-wearing blow-happy midget-BASTARDS!
Well explained. I agree :lol:

CURLY wrote:That advantage call was just wrong. No excuses just a wrong decision cost us a goal. Mind you from the kick in they goaled. The fifty to Rioli was WRONG then to make it worse Polo marks gets tackled gets nothing. Then Stanley marks ump calls play on. How the f*** do they get AFL gigs with such simple decisions called so wrong.

Thought the umpiring was poor but a couple you pointed out were actually correct. Jack stupidily took advantage and missed the goal. You dont get 2 chances because you miss. The Stanley mark was the incorrect and correct decision. He paid a mark that wasnt held which was the incorrect part but then correctly called play on because he was incorrect in the first instance and that is what you have to do as an umpire. The Rioli 50 looked incorrect to me thats for sure.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Have to disagree plugger with the Stanley mark. From where I sat which was just behind the hawks cheersquad he marked that ball. And the play on call was just absurd. I also thought the Gilbert non mark where his arms were chopped by Rioli was pathetic.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:Have to disagree plugger with the Stanley mark. From where I sat which was just behind the hawks cheersquad he marked that ball. And the play on call was just absurd. I also thought the Gilbert non mark where his arms were chopped by Rioli was pathetic.

WEell to me it looked like he never held it long enough and the umpire made a mistake. That is the only reason it could have been play on and the umpire called it the second he dropped it which goes along with what I think happened.

Buckets
SS Life Member

From my perspective and I would need to see it again but he controlled it enough for it to be paid the mark. Ump guessed because he couldn't see.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:Have to disagree plugger with the Stanley mark. From where I sat which was just behind the hawks cheersquad he marked that ball. And the play on call was just absurd. I also thought the Gilbert non mark where his arms were chopped by Rioli was pathetic.
Pretty sure the umpire actually decided to not pay the mark rather than call advantage. Not agreeing with it but I think that's what happened. Umps sometimes blow the whistle a little early expecting the player to mark.

Stanley could have saved all the confusion by holding on to the bloody thing.

Buckets wrote:From my perspective and I would need to see it again but he controlled it enough for it to be paid the mark. Ump guessed because he couldn't see.

Well I thought he didnt but its only an opinion. The problem was the umpire agreed with both of us.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

stkfc1 wrote:Jacob Mollinson has umpired us the last three games,and he has has seriously reemed us every time. I hope the AFL are checking these guys banks accounts because some of these decisions are beyond incompetence.I've had opposition supports who have watched our last few games with me, shaking their heads at some of the decisions we are coping. I may get flamed for suggesting this, but I believe the integrity of our great game is in question.
I had the same thoughts about their bank accounts, either offshore or onshore with a third party's name. I could believe how disparate they were in the same offences thirty seconds apart.

Except on was wearing poos and wees and the other red, white and black.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Does anyone work with the Australian Federal Police?

Can we run a few checks on this guys bank account?

He gave Cyril a free kick for ducking into Polo. Then a 50m penality.

Had corruption written all over it.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:The Stanley mark was the incorrect and correct decision. He paid a mark that wasnt held which was the incorrect part but then correctly called play on because he was incorrect in the first instance and that is what you have to do as an umpire.
So two wrongs make a right?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:The Stanley mark was the incorrect and correct decision. He paid a mark that wasnt held which was the incorrect part but then correctly called play on because he was incorrect in the first instance and that is what you have to do as an umpire.
So two wrongs make a right?

I have no idea about that but that is what you do.