I am sick and tired of seeing Riewoldt stuff us up with his

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: I am sick and tired of seeing Riewoldt stuff us up with

dragit wrote:file under "more trolling rubbish from a complete arse clown"
+1

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
citywest

stinger wrote:
+1
It seems quite a few people disagree with you so obviously you're wrong pal.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

If you want to bag some players for tonight's game, you've probably chosen the wrong one......

If you want to bag a guys career, you've probably chose the wrong one....

BTW Lenny has kicked 1 goal 5 Behinds this year and missed three sitters.....

I wouldn't be too embarrassed to have the #12 on my back. Arguably one of our greatest ever players.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
stinger wrote:
+1
It seems quite a few people disagree with you so obviously you're wrong pal.

hope you are talking to yourself...otherwise you are talking sh1t...anyway i think dragit's
comments were on the money.....as do a few others....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
+1
+ 200

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

I'd like to see Roo play a few games off half back now that Fish is down. Beau can replace Nick as a tall forward. And for the record I reckon Riewoltd is in the top 10 best St Kilda players of all time. He tries his guts out!

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

citywest wrote:
You can forgive ignorance but not arrogance. If the moderators are fair dinkum, you dragit should receive a warning for your comment above.

Well I will get a Yellow Card as well, as you're another version of NeXus and I'm sick and tired of your negative posts - here and BF. Now start a thread on Rebuilding again..... :shock:

Why not mention some of the players who did well tonight, who didn't stuff up? Riewoldt ran his heart out - last time I respond to you Clown

Hold your ground :shock:
Moods
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Buddy won a grand final off his own boot. He has runs on the board unfortunately

:lol: :lol:

You just showed you know nothing. Buddy was nothing more than a bit player in that 2008 GF. He played okay once the team got going. Stewey Dew, Cyril and Hodge won them that flag. Buddy was absolutely creamed by Max the week before as well. Talk about selective memories :roll:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

The darkness wrote:Couldn't agree more .. We had them right where we wanted them and Nick misses ANOTHER clutch goal ! Freakin heartbreaker.
Failed in the GF against Coll when we had em by the balls 3rd qrt we were on a roll and he misses from 30 out ? Heartbreaker !
Will go down as in the same category as Richo .plays there hearts out but misses the hard core Captains goals . Hope he can prove me wrong though , but time and again it's all but too predictable .
Basically agree. Love what he's done for us over the journey and it's true that he has kicked some clutch goals (including in big games) in his career, so it's not as if he misses all of them, but it's fair to say that when the games are close and we need a "captain's goal", he makes a complete mess of it much more often than not, especially in the past 6 or so years. And we're not just talking missing slightly, but like tonight, he'll miss them horribly and often completely shank them out on the full, drawing the biggest bronx cheers you've possibly ever heard. That is why he reacted as he did tonight, as he's done it so many times before and he's filthy with himself for it.

In similar circumstances (games on the line) the like of Johnno Brown and Wayne Carey nailed a far far greater % of clutch goals (it's like they lived for it, while it probably gives Nick nightmares) and that is why they'll always be remembered as being better than Nick, unfortunately.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Sun 06 May 2012 4:17am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The tv camera zooms in on him after he misses and the fans 'feel' his frustration...Tall poppy syndrome- that's all...Nick's an easy target because that's what the tv showed and what the commentators talked about, but like others have said - he's not the reason we lost. He ran hard he competed hard and he kicked a few majors. He wasn't the star of the show like he used to be, but don't forget he IS and always will be a STAR

groupie1
Club Player

There were a number of players with from easy to difficult but gettable shots on goal tonight that missed: Armitage, Milne, Roo, Stanley. Good teams have players that don't miss goals. Simple as that. Just as good teams have players that don't turn the ball over with poor foot disposal. Skill is again the problem... and Watters knows that (at the least coach knows the problem. Previous bloke didn't). Love to see Roo play the year out on a wing, taking marks around the center, finding the ball, he uses it beautifully around the ground, rotating with the other mids. Get him away from the goal sticks. Might see a rejuvenation - finally he's getting reward for all the work. And he'd be a VERY difficult mid to match up on. Stanley, Wilkes, Kozi and the little blokes forward.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

i completely agree with this....

andrewg
Club Player

It is what it is. He should have kicked the goal. That's the bottom line. And on the number thing no chance Rooey should be captain over Lenny. But that's a conversation for another thread.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why not, will go down as a better player..... There is a reason he is voted captain by coaches and players for the last 6 years...

Make NO mistake, nick Riewoldt was our best player for a decade, and argue ably the best in the AFL. His record is amazing.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Or under "citiwest is a fwit"

I love this club
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Buddy won a grand final off his own boot. He has runs on the board unfortunately
Mate, Buddy only kicked one goal in that Grand Final.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
mcadam05
Club Player

didnt buddy kick 5gls 6???? he missed some last night too

happy feet
Club Player

I would love to see Roo kick more goals. I'm not sure what his problem is, but I am sure that posting this cr@p on here will not assist one little bit.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote:I would love to see Roo kick more goals. I'm not sure what his problem is, but I am sure that posting this cr@p on here will not assist one little bit.
just remember the fool who started this thread is a troll

I love this club
citywest

I'm not a troll and you are the fool.

Riewoldt tried his guts out, I know that. If Rod Owen had Riewoldt's work ethic, character and determination he would have been a superstar all those years ago. What I am saying is that he should never have been captain ahead of Lenny Hayes and he should never have received a pay check of $1million per year. For all his effort and determination he undoes all his good work with s*** kicking at goal. It was so obvious that he was going to miss that goal last night. And it was equally obvious that because of that miss our momentum was not going to carry on into the last quarter. Reiwoldt is a re-incarnate of Stewart Lowe, in that he is a flawed champion (if there is such a thing). WHEN THE PRESSURE IS AT IT HIGHEST AND HE HAS TO KICK A CAPTAINS GOAL, MORE OFTEN THAN NOT HE MISSES. Like a previous poster said, Carey, Brown, Locket, Dunstall and Ablett were born for kicking clutch goals, Reiwoldt has nightmares of being in that situation. That's why the fact that he is on $1million per year tears at the fabric of our team and why Lenny should have been the captain during the past 6 years and not Nick.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

What if we spliced
Riewoldt with Siposs
Schneider with Jones
Gilbert with Peake
Geary with Ray
?
Sure we'd have half the players, but they would be very good players, free up some cap and a few spots for the 'superdraft'

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:What if we spliced
Riewoldt with Siposs
Schneider with Jones
Gilbert with Peake
Geary with Ray
?
Sure we'd have half the players, but they would be very good players, free up some cap and a few spots for the 'superdraft'
What if we end up with the bad bits from each player rather than the good bits? :shock:

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote: Make NO mistake, nick Riewoldt was our best player for a decade, and argue ably the best in the AFL. His record is amazing.
That is true, he has been bloody great and is still very, very good, but it is also true that when the really big moments come in games (ie like last night, when it's really close, at the business end of the game and the big goal needs to be kicked under big pressure) Nick generally folds like a pack of cards when kicking for goal. Only those with the rosiest of rose coloured glasses, or those that don't see our games every week, would even try to dispute that.

I so wish it wasn't true, like I equally wished it wasn't true of Greg Norman in the 90's, or Sam Stosur earlier in her career, especially, for instance, but it's just a fact. He probably misses 7 or 8 out of 10, under those circumstances, while the likes of Jonno Brown, or Wayne Carey, would have kicked 7 or 8 out of 10 in the same situation. Some like it hot and some sweat when the heat is on. Such is life.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Sainterman
Club Player

We all going to get into Milney too? I mean he missed the last shot of the 3rd qtr....oh yeah, he is past it too, I forgot. Missed the clutch goal too didn't he?

Anyone who can't see that Roo has been a dominant player in the hardest position on the ground for a decade and wants to criticize him now (after being bashed a crashed all this time) only highlights their on lack of understanding about the game.

How about we show some respect for a guy who has given his all, who got us closest than anyone other to that elusive flag we have waited for so long, and who has led by example, both on and off the field.

It might be time to use Roo differently and this is something I would be looking at if I was Watters.