I am sick and tired of seeing Riewoldt stuff us up with his

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Re: I am sick and tired of seeing Riewoldt stuff us up with

Sainterman wrote:We all going to get into Milney too? I mean he missed the last shot of the 3rd qtr....oh yeah, he is past it too, I forgot. Missed the clutch goal too didn't he?
And you talk about others having a "lack of understanding"! :lol:

To suggest we should get stuck into someone for missing one "clutch" shot for goal (you only name one instance of Milne missing and by the way his shot was infinitely harder then Nick's) when Nick has done it time and time again over the last few years, is laughable.

I haven't read the OP, as I have citywest on my "ignore" list, but I'm pretty confident this is a thread about kicking the big goal's when it counts most, not how good someone has been over their careers in other aspects of their game.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Sun 06 May 2012 1:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

all i watched last night was roo trying his guts out.... sure he missed a sitter but he worked hard alll night.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

That is very true and I'm pretty sure no-one is disputing that. This is not a thread entitled "I'm sick of Nick not trying his guts out".

Buckets
SS Life Member

I said this to a friend just after the game. When Roo missed that shot it deflated the team because they had worked so hard to get back into it.

He kicks it our tails are up and we have the momentum going into the last quarter.

He misses and the disappointment is there for all to see in Roo's reaction.

Roo is a champ there is no disputing that. And yes he has kicked clutch goals in the past. But he has a habit of missing more than he gets and its disappointing because he works his arse off all game.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Exactly. It's just a real shame, for him personally, the team (although I'm not so sure it would be that deflating for them anymore as they'd be pretty used to it by now) and us. But that's life and we've got to get on with it.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Sun 06 May 2012 1:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

boys there where much more to blame then roo, ty our defence not maning up... if i had a dollar for every lose hawk in their 50! our mids not using it..... goddard where was he? i can keep going and going. a few sitters where missed. thank god kosi had his boots on or it would have been a lot worse. roo is not to blame, we where not good enough or hungry enough on the night.

cheers

Fortius Quo Fidelius
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Bloody oath, he was one of our best on the night, and I'm certainly not "blaming" him for our loss, and as I said I haven't read the OP, but I'm just talking purely and simply about his general inability to kick those big goals (and to often miss them horribly, as he did last night) when the biggest moments come. Nothing more, nothing less.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What about the big moment in the 2009 prelim final when he lifted the team into a GF??

Not a big moment.

Or his dominance over collingwood in a semi final... Not a big moment

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: What if we end up with the bad bits from each player rather than the good bits? :shock:
Lucky Burgers!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Wish others would put in half the effort Roo does.(looking at you Montagna)

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:What about the big moment in the 2009 prelim final when he lifted the team into a GF??

Not a big moment.

Or his dominance over collingwood in a semi final... Not a big moment
I'll say it again very slowly for you. I said GENERALLY. Missing them 7 or 8 times out of 10 is not 10 out of ten. It still leaves 2 or 3 that he does manage to kick. I made that so clear in my posts that someone with even a low IQ could understand it.

Greg Norman even won two majors, but is still best known probably for his choking in big moments. Please show me anyone who has said that Nick NEVER kicks the clutch goals. I even said in one of my earlier posts that he has absolutely kicked them over the years. Not sure how much clearer you'd like me to make it.

Many of you seem unable to deal with this fact, or perhaps reckon we should just ignore it, but if it's Ok to discuss how good he is if he has a great game, then it's also Ok to discuss the negative aspect to his game if something like last night happens. Especially when it happens over and over again, as it has in the last few years, the last two especially. You don't have to read this thread if you don't want to you know?
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Sun 06 May 2012 1:50pm, edited 3 times in total.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

satchmo wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: What if we end up with the bad bits from each player rather than the good bits? :shock:
Lucky Burgers!
On a Thursday night after a few sherbets, their burgers were the best.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Lucky Burgers!
On a Thursday night after a few sherbets, their burgers were the best.
Not sure how my post regarding the scientific morphing of players descends into a commentary about hamburgers.

All a bit "Sweeney Todd" if you ask me :shock:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Put this thread down as a typical shocker when we lose. Rooy isnt a great kick. Surely people know this but to say he is the worst Captain in the AFL or a tryer is pathetic. He was champion who is on the way down. The same as Browny. Hopefully for Brisbane they dont have some supporters like we have on here. Last night has seen people want Rooy, Joey, Milney, CJ and about 13 others out of the side. A side that had many chances and some unlucky umpiring decisions against us and played the second favourites for the flag.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Surely it is time to put him in the back line. Now that it is accepted that he is in decline wouldn't it be worth experimenting by trying to exploit the strengths he still has.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Agree completely, Cairnsman, for once.

Our backline badly needs aerial reinforcements (especially now that Fisher is out) and Wilkes can probably kick the 2-3 goals that Nick is kicking up forward. I feel it could genuinely be winning move. I think we have to do it if we're seriously still hoping to contend this year. Otherwise, we might as well just start the "proper" rebuild, unless things turn around dramatically in a big hurry.

The way we're travelling at the moment and with the set-up we currently have, I am only confident of winning two of our next 12 matches. The other ten are all either very difficult, or line ball, based on what we've done so far this year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Agree completely, Cairnsman, for once.

Our backline badly needs aerial reinforcements (especially now that Fisher is out) and Wilkes can probably kick the 2-3 goals that Nick is kicking up forward. I feel it could genuinely be winning move. I think we have to do it if we're seriously still hoping to contend this year. Otherwise, we might as well just start the "proper" rebuild, unless things turn around dramatically in a big hurry.

The way we're travelling at the moment and with the set-up we currently have, I am only confident of winning two of our next 12 matches. The other ten are all either very difficult, or line ball, based on what we've done so far this year.

Wasnt he clearly our second best forward last night?

TJMcCarthy
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Put this thread down as a typical shocker when we lose. Rooy isnt a great kick. Surely people know this but to say he is the worst Captain in the AFL or a tryer is pathetic. He was champion who is on the way down. The same as Browny. Hopefully for Brisbane they dont have some supporters like we have on here. Last night has seen people want Rooy, Joey, Milney, CJ and about 13 others out of the side. A side that had many chances and some unlucky umpiring decisions against us and played the second favourites for the flag.
+1

I agree. Yep a frustrating game really brings out the sore loser comments.

Our skipper is not to blame. What some posters here fail to see is how completely crap our side would be without -Rooy, Joey, Milney, CJ etc. This should be blind Freddy obvious, surely!?!

Peaks and troughs - we're in a trough.

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!
Sainterman
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
Sainterman wrote:We all going to get into Milney too? I mean he missed the last shot of the 3rd qtr....oh yeah, he is past it too, I forgot. Missed the clutch goal too didn't he?
And you talk about others having a "lack of understanding"! :lol:

To suggest we should get stuck into someone for missing one "clutch" shot for goal (you only name one instance of Milne missing and by the way his shot was infinitely harder then Nick's) when Nick has done it time and time again over the last few years, is laughable.

I haven't read the OP, as I have citywest on my "ignore" list, but I'm pretty confident this is a thread about kicking the big goal's when it counts most, not how good someone has been over their careers in other aspects of their game.
With all due respect, maybe read the enitre post.

All I was referring to re Milne was that we have a whole thread, 3 pages long, with some digging into Rooey cos he missed. Milne missed one a minute later and we don't have a thread on that (we do have some other anti-Milne threads though). I am a Milney fan! I think you missed my sarcasm.

And I think this thread, when it calls into question Nick being captain of the club, and refers to him missing "clutch goals" over many years is having a go at Nick's career, not just one missed kick last night.

Team Tommy
Club Player

We lost. The knives come out. What's new?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Roo had an excellent game.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Exhibit A as to why this site has close to zero credibility now

Constructive criticism is one thing...but ignorant sledging of a 5 x B&F player by people who clearly either know nothing about football or just vent their anger in totally the wrong way is another

Disgusting...and sucked in my a troll yet again

Pfft.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Exhibit A as to why this site has close to zero credibility now
I think the players might disagree with that. But remember, this has always been a "tragic" supporter's site, so no-one expects it to be anything else. It is the site of the most loyal supporters - players will respect that.
Constructive criticism is one thing...but ignorant sledging of a 5 x B&F player by people who clearly either know nothing about football or just vent their anger in totally the wrong way is another
Yeah, but what's new?
..and sucked in my a troll yet again
Happens to the best of us.

One day, alas in the not too distant future, those privileged enough to watch the best mark in AFL history will recall his efforts with delight, and yet with some sadness. The days when Nick and Kosi flew together, without the fear of personal consequences, and in the quest of the great mark and, perhaps, the sealing goal. Go Saints.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Exhibit A as to why this site has close to zero credibility now

Disgusting...and sucked in my a troll yet again

Pfft.
You always pop up with posts like this. Why don't you start a new site for the more knowledgeable and sophisticated supporter such as yourself.

Burkey 1
Club Player

The reason he misses so many goals is because he is so stuffed after running hard to every position, if he were to play closer to goal he actually may have the energy to improve his conversion rate, to me this has always been Rooey's problem particular in his later years, he covers too much ground and battling against 3 or 4 players every week so by the time he actually wins the ball he really is blowing bloody hard and his legs must feel like lead.

Just my theory FWIW.