Ruckman

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ruckman

dragit wrote:No I meant Lever, listed as 198 on the saints website…

I just remember reading an interview post draft, he was saying how he had been asked to play ruck which he didn't enjoy and that it wasn't his position.
Yeah I read that also.

He's probably a bit like Gaertner was was listed at 199cms but certainly wasn't a ruckman.

ThePunter
Club Player

Winners Only - you'll find out how valuable McEvoy is in the next few weeks...

The two I would target are Goldstein and Bellchambers, as they should be playing seniors, but aren't/won't be when everyone on their team is fit.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Agreed we will miss him - but really it is only because it upsets the team balance. We matched Hawthorn in hitouts and clearances without him - so what does that say? He is the ONLY true ruckman on our list hence we have to play him when fit. My issue has always been that he is still developing and is a long way from becoming an effective ruckman and that we have no one else to put pressure on him. I emailed the club and raised this numerous times prior to the Pre-Season/Rookie drafts but they chose not to recruit another ruckman. To be honest it is a lesson well learnt for the club and list managers - a very poor decision IMO.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
ThePunter
Club Player

I can't remember us winning too many clearances, especially when the game was on the line early in the last quarter. This is when our incredibly fit and large ruckman could have kept going, rather than what happened, which is Hale eventually monstering Blake and Stanley.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

ThePunter wrote:I can't remember us winning too many clearances, especially when the game was on the line early in the last quarter. This is when our incredibly fit and large ruckman could have kept going, rather than what happened, which is Hale eventually monstering Blake and Stanley.
Where would you find one of them McEvoy - couldn't run out of sight in the dark!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
SaintSimmo
Club Player

We would have to think about signing Michael Sikora from Sandy as a backup in case Macca goes down again or needs a rest.

He might not be needed when Macca is fit as he, Kosi and Stanley could all share the ruck load, but Sikora would be great to have as backup.

While on the topic of Sandy players, I wish we had Beau Dowler on our list at the moment.

Sainter for life.