Delistings at Year End

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkildajason3votes
Club Player

Re: Delistings at Year End

Kernal75 wrote:I know it's early but........

Who do we think will get the bullet at years end (including retirements). Supposed to be a "Super Draft" according to Recruiters so who will get their matching orders

For what it's worth I can reel off the followng with ease and a couple more controversial ones

Blake (retirement)
Clarke
Polo
Peake
Ray
Gram

Possible Trade Options
Gilbert
Montagna
Goddard (only if aboslutely necessary)

I think we should make use of the darft and start building towards our next opportunity.........

stkildajason3votes
Club Player

stkildajason3votes wrote:
Kernal75 wrote:I know it's early but........

Who do we think will get the bullet at years end (including retirements). Supposed to be a "Super Draft" according to Recruiters so who will get their matching orders

For what it's worth I can reel off the followng with ease and a couple more controversial ones

Blake (retirement)
Clarke
Polo
Peake
Ray
Gram

Possible Trade Options
Gilbert
Montagna
Goddard (only if aboslutely necessary)

I think we should make use of the darft and start building towards our next opportunity.........

Exactly, I hate using the word window but maybe our chance for another crack at a flag is 5 years time. Wait and see what we do.

noob
Club Player

Any changes?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:Any changes?
to what, the delistings...take your pick...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

7 changes

Out:
Blake, Milne, Peake (retired), Ray, Crocker (delisted).
Gram, Montagna (traded)

In:
3 new Draftees + 4 from Ferguson, Andreoli, Dunnel, Curren, Archer
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 08 May 2012 6:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:7 changes
Out:
Gram, Montagna (traded)
In:
4 Draftees + 3 from Ferguson, Dunnel, Curren, Archer
Blake may get another season to cover for our lack of tall defenders and rucks.

Agree with the other delisting's, even the great servant and future St Kilda Hall of Famer Milne.

I think Ferg will be a near on certainty to get promoted unless we recruit a ready made tall. I would like to see us draft him and play a few senior games next year. He could potentially be in our best 22 by 2014.

From all reports Curren has been our most consistent rookie so he's a given if he keeps up his output.

I think it's make or break time for Archer (like Crocker) however he'll be given leniency cos he had an injury interrupted pre-season and being a KPP.

I've heard Monty's (He turns 30 next season) name being thrown up as trade bait quite a bit however I don't see us getting anything more than a round 2-3 pick for him. Just not worth it. Keep him around to mentor the young mids. He's been a great servant to the club which is undervalued in todays game. You don't go giving away blokes like that, same with Roo, Kosi and Dal.

No team wanted Gram last trade period so unless he becomes a star this year I think that will remain the same.

I think Goddard may be floated as potential trade bait. Just what I've heard. From my source Goddard wants to remain a Saint however it's St Kilda who are holding up negotiations. Possibly salary cap pressure, not sure on the specifics.

Kernal75
Club Player

I'd suggest that if we offer up Monty as a trade possibility clubs right in their "window" will bite our hands off for him. We should comfortable get a late first round / 2nd round pick for him I would have thought.

On the Hawks performance I would revisit the delisting / retirements to be something like

Blake, Ray, Polo, Peake, Milne, Gram, Crocker, Archer

Trade
Monty / Goddard

Rebuild, Rejuvenate and Reload.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Kernal75 wrote:I'd suggest that if we offer up Monty as a trade possibility clubs right in their "window" will bite our hands off for him. We should comfortable get a late first round / 2nd round pick for him I would have thought.

On the Hawks performance I would revisit the delisting / retirements to be something like

Trade
Monty / Goddard

Agree - the longer we hold on to past glories with Gram etc running around out there the longer we put off getting good again. It is called kicking the can down the road. Kind of like the Greek debt crisis. We need some short term pain for some long term gain.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Kernal75 wrote:I'd suggest that if we offer up Monty as a trade possibility clubs right in their "window" will bite our hands off for him. We should comfortable get a late first round / 2nd round pick for him I would have thought.

Trade
Monty / Goddard

Agree - the longer we hold on to past glories with Gram etc running around out there the longer we put off getting good again. It is called kicking the can down the road. Kind of like the Greek debt crisis. We need some short term pain for some long term gain.
You blokes may well end up being right however we're only 6 games in and have at least 16 games to go.

What happens if a Gram, or even a Clarke, manages to play consisently well in the second half of the season? The form displayed then will have a far bigger effect on who stays and who goes than what we've seen so far.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: What happens if a Gram, or even a Clarke, manages to play consisently well in the second half of the season? The form displayed then will have a far bigger effect on who stays and who goes than what we've seen so far.
True. What happens if Craig Thomson comes up with a policy to turn shite into gold. Could happen!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: What happens if a Gram, or even a Clarke, manages to play consisently well in the second half of the season? The form displayed then will have a far bigger effect on who stays and who goes than what we've seen so far.
True. What happens if Craig Thomson comes up with a policy to turn shite into gold. Could happen!
If Craig does that then he also will survive the cut, although he'd probably keep the idea to himself and quit politics anyway. :P

skfc17
Club Player

does anybody know what the deal is with jackson coleman, i thought he was a nsw scholarship player

Carn the mighty Sainters
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

skfc17 wrote:does anybody know what the deal is with jackson coleman, i thought he was a nsw scholarship player
That was Jackson Ferguson. Was a NSW scholarship player and is now a Rookie.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Trade
Monty / Goddard

You blokes may well end up being right however we're only 6 games in and have at least 16 games to go.

What happens if a Gram, or even a Clarke, manages to play consisently well in the second half of the season? The form displayed then will have a far bigger effect on who stays and who goes than what we've seen so far.
Well good Doc this is a prediction topic so just throwing out my own as are others. It's no different to predicting who wins the flag or brownlow. Of course we could be well off the mark.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Out:
Gram, Montagna (traded)
In:

Con you really do take weekly wins and losses to seriously. Next week if others play badly and some of them play well you will change your mind again. By the way Gram isnt tradable or if he is we would get a 4th rounder. Hardly any point in that.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:...By the way Gram isnt tradable or if he is we would get a 4th rounder. Hardly any point in that.
Steak knives...?
Last edited by Dave McNamara on Mon 07 May 2012 6:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Out:
Gram, Montagna (traded)
In:

Con you really do take weekly wins and losses to seriously. Next week if others play badly and some of them play well you will change your mind again. By the way Gram isnt tradable or if he is we would get a 4th rounder. Hardly any point in that.
true opn all counts. he might be tradeable to the casey scorpions or something.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

we only need to make one change and the flag is ours, it's call the G Train baby..... dust him off and wheel him back in.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Its Round f****** 6

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:we only need to make one change and the flag is ours, it's call the G Train baby..... dust him off and wheel him back in.
I will pay to see him play AFL again. Man i miss him. Dont care if he doesnt get a kick. Just the look of him on the ground...

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
If Craig does that then he also will survive the cut, although he'd probably keep the idea to himself and quit politics anyway. :P
And then he'd just spend the profits on hookers and booze. Then he'd just waste the rest.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:
ShanghaiSaint wrote:we only need to make one change and the flag is ours, it's call the G Train baby..... dust him off and wheel him back in.
I will pay to see him play AFL again. Man i miss him. Dont care if he doesnt get a kick. Just the look of him on the ground...
Mate how bloody good was he....

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Kernal75
Club Player

Who cares what round it is, unless I'm missing something we aint gonna be a contender this year. The club will have already begun thinking about possible delistings etc so we may as well put our 2 bobs worth in.

I read today that Milne and Gram had clauses in their contracts allowing them to play on next year if their bodies are OK, even though they are out of contract. If that's the case then its a ridiculous situation to be in. These two should be "encouraged" to make way for the next generation. We all love the saints and want them to do well but it's time for a clean out.

The longer we hold onto players who aren't in our top six (i.e. Milne, Gram, Clarke etc) the longer the process of rebuilding will take (have a look at Brisbane if you think I'm wrong)....

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

ST KILDA Board and administration !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!