PLEASE STKILDA BOARD let goddard and montagna go

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

citywest

Re: PLEASE STKILDA BOARD let goddard and montagna go

SMS wrote:and gram and anyone else over 29 who is uncontracted and asking for a lot of money ... EXCEPT REIWOLDT, HAYES and BLAKE! why? Because they are the heart and soul and leadership of stkilda.

Retire Milne honorably at years end.

This 2012 draft is reported to be a super draft I say we get as many picks as possible and rebuild for 2015+ flag

whos with me?

Seriously let em go lets stop mucking around.

Thank you goddard and montagna and gram you have been stkilda greats and we will always love you but one more job you can do for us... that is to leave and free up space thank you.
I would go even further SMS, anyone who is over 28 and is uncontracted full stop should be either traded, delisted or retired. It is our only hope of rebuilding and challenging again within 5 years.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I think that if you are on a big pay packet and can't perform when it most counts- the Grand Final, then you should be under a lot of pressure to justify that big salary, and also to be at the club. I definately have quite a few of our experienced players in that category, and some are sacred cows to supporters, but if you want a premiership flag, then a club needs to make big calls.
What? So off load these players or slash their salaries in half so they leave anyway? I guess that way we can ensure they NEVER have to prove their credentials when it most counts.......because we'll never get to a GF with that strategy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
SMS wrote:and gram and anyone else over 29 who is uncontracted and asking for a lot of money ... EXCEPT REIWOLDT, HAYES and BLAKE! why? Because they are the heart and soul and leadership of stkilda.

This 2012 draft is reported to be a super draft I say we get as many picks as possible and rebuild for 2015+ flag

whos with me?

Thank you goddard and montagna and gram you have been stkilda greats and we will always love you but one more job you can do for us... that is to leave and free up space thank you.
I would go even further SMS, anyone who is over 28 and is uncontracted full stop should be either traded, delisted or retired. It is our only hope of rebuilding and challenging again within 5 years.

So Hayes is out as well as Joey. I am unsure how delisting Hayes helps our club. It would be a delisting because he doesnt want to retire and i doubt he is tradable. Please think before you post.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Quality thread.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
dragit
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:people laughed at me when I suggested in the offseason that perhaps we'd seen the best Monty had to offer and perhaps he was our most dispensible player for a 1st rounder (if we can get it)

interesting how the tables have turned
People are still laughing…
Why would anyone give up a first round pick for a 29 year who isn't much chop anymore?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Quality thread.
Could sell a lot of donuts here.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Moods wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote: There is no way Gram is worth the money he is being paid....

You have access to the players contracts? :shock: You must be an employee or Jason Gram himself?

I apologise. Just read this article in today's HS, and now know where you are coming from. I was absolutely staggered to read that Kosi is on $500K a year and Gram is on $400K. It has to wrong or the person who does our contracts has gone completely mad. When you think that Travis Cloke only recently started earning $500k a year, and G. Ablett was reported to be on less than $400k before he went to GCS, some of our players must feel very sheepish about what they earn and be praying that it never gets revealed to the wider public.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6350266493
I'd be staggere dif they have any idea--
and kosi's is on the veterans list - as is part of his wage.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ah here it is....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 5895292435

Koschitzke, who was to come out of contract at the end of this season, signed quietly about two months ago.

It was not announced when news of Lenny Hayes, Nick Dal Santo, Brendon Goddard and Leigh Montagna re-committing filtered out recently.

But the Herald Sun can confirm Koschitzke, 27, has committed after St Kilda moved to fight off interest from Gold Coast.

The league's GC compensation formula meant the Saints risked getting very little in return for the Koschitzke because of his lack of top 10 best-and-fairest finishes.

The Saints, who are about to announce other signings, including Adam Schneider, decided to pounce early to take the new team out of play.

Koschitzke was handsomely rewarded with his previous three-year deal and it is understood he took a pay cut with his latest arrangement.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

so on their own website???

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:so on their own website???
Even they don't believe the crap that they write.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
gringo
Saintsational Legend

So we aren't going to burn all our players at the stake? I was getting myself revved up for an old fashioned burnin'.

70s sainter
Club Player

Id love to have an hour with Pelchen to see what our plans are for the next two years. We re all kinda in the dark at the moment.
The swans should be our model as they never really bottomed out and are on the rise again. We cant afford to bottom out completely like a Melbourne F.C anyway for financial reasons alone. Our suporters are already dropping off and we played finals last year. We struggle to get to get sponsorship and we would no longer get tv coverage.
Id be interested to know Reiwoldts situation-- He had a shocking year last year and is no longer the player he was , so if its true that hes on massive money 800-900k then hes costing us other players on the list. He needs to do the captain thing and take a pay cut. He should be thinking that this year and last year is like a front ended contract and cut about 300-400 off next years.
I think the club is finally in good hands with Pelchan and this years trading will be very very interesting.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
skeptic wrote:people laughed at me when I suggested in the offseason that perhaps we'd seen the best Monty had to offer and perhaps he was our most dispensible player for a 1st rounder (if we can get it)

interesting how the tables have turned
People are still laughing…
Why would anyone give up a first round pick for a 29 year who isn't much chop anymore?
well he had more value then

even if i over estimate his worth (as many assured us that he was a great great player)... my point remains valid

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Lets delist them all bar our 8 best and start again with the AFL giving us 30 of the best 40 kids in the land and hope they give us a couple of extra mill in our cap to make us successful. Nah, that could never happen in this fair afl landscape could it?

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

#12 might retire yet ... scarper to texas

.he , like koslen n gram might lead the way in takn a pay cut.

.... that'd make legends out of the boys.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

isn't it funny that when the Herald sun writes something that doesn't match the agenda being pushed its a crappy rag that should be burnt, but now its the gospel!!!

SMS
Club Player

I never said everyone should gonna need the bigger bodies and leaders but goddard
Monty while senior players still have value and we should take it!
This era is done it suks but its done and the quicker we move on the better

Great news is we have already got another great 3 kpps in mcevoy simpkin and stanley! Guns!

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I would let Riewoldt go. We could get two key talls for his salary.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

whos with me?

Agreed!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

St Ick wrote:Lets delist them all bar our 8 best and start again with the AFL giving us 30 of the best 40 kids in the land and hope they give us a couple of extra mill in our cap to make us successful. Nah, that could never happen in this fair afl landscape could it?
Actually St I, I reckon that'd be easily granted... cue the Wellington Boots and Sheep Shearers FC... :cry:

Cue me losing interest in the AFL. :evil:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Moods
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:I would let Riewoldt go. We could get two key talls for his salary.

You can't just 'let him go.' Well you can, but you still have to pay his contract. So we would get no-one for his contract. Riewoldt has been in our best 1/2 doz players this year. Why would anyone let him go? Ok. He's not the player he was - but the bar was set incredibly high.

I want more out of BJ and Joey - but trading them would be pointless unless they want to go. It's only then you look for the best deal.

rexy
SS Life Member

Dont know who "SMS" is but none of the players you mentioned are half the footballer that BJ is! If we couldnt win a flag with Roo Kosi Lenny Dal Ball Joey Fisher and BJ then i cant see how we will with the blokes you are on about. We must keep this core together and bring on youth around it!

Maybe this year?
matrix
Saintsational Legend

really some people should think b4 posting

just 'let him go'

lol :lol:

Richter
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:There seem to be a lot of people on here who are giving Collingwood supporter Michael Warner from the Herald Sun WAY TOO MUCH CREDIBILITY with what he wrote. How much of what he wrote is FACT and how much is SPECULATION? I have faith that Ahmet Bains & Chris Pelchen will work their way through the contract negotiations and come out the other side with the best possible outcomes for the St Kilda Football Club !!
Eastern, I think you're on the money here. Whenever there is speculation about Collingwood players being targets for somewhere else i.e. atm it's Travis Cloke, then stories about other clubs potential issues with keeping their stars pop up.... I wonder why that is??

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Leigh Montagna has been the most overrated player in the AFL for years. We should have traded him when his media mates made him AA above Lenny in 2010. Now, we would be lucky to get a third round pick for him. He hasn't scored one vote from SS members so far this year, although to be fair, a couple of "favourites" get votes just for running out onto the ground.