Saad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkildajason3votes
Club Player

Saad

I thought when Saad came on he agreed that it (the Dorks game) was a lot faster than he thought it would be. I thought what he contributed was very polished and kicked a great goal at a time we really needed one. Unlike Dal, Monty and crew that run into goal without pressure and continually miss.

Exciting prospect for the future !!!!

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Saad

Give it a few weeks & some on here will be bagging him out.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Give it a few weeks & some on here will be bagging him out.
They already are…
Plenty asking that he & siposs be dropped.

I really noticed Saad's speed when chasing the other night, I think we could do with this against Carlton.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Siposs has a good record against Carlton!

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

My only complaint against Saad, having seen him the last two weeks, is that he does not get involved in the play enough. Lets hope there is a big improvement this week.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:Give it a few weeks & some on here will be bagging him out.
They already are…
Plenty asking that he & siposs be dropped.

I really noticed Saad's speed when chasing the other night, I think we could do with this against Carlton.
The same 'supporters' that bemoaned the lack of kids getting a go under Lyon & are crying with "why can't Ledger get a game?"

It seriously does my head in.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

I thought Saad was very poor in his debut, and I don't think he warranted the call up in the first place...

He has a lot to work on in his game, and personally, I think he'll be a bit of a let down.. He has several glaring skill deficiencies, weaknesses that will make it hard for a guy of his size to flourish at the top level..

Milera, Siposs, Cripps and Ledger are all far more promising players IMO, all of who I think will be starting 18 players by this time next year.. All have probable star potential about them... Saad is far more limited than this crop, and I'm not expecting much from him..

dragit
Saintsational Legend

only 1 goal in a half…
ImageImage

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

He put on a bit of perceived pressure I thought due to his quickness. Mind you I could only really see what was going on from the television.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:I thought Saad was very poor in his debut, and I don't think he warranted the call up in the first place...

He has a lot to work on in his game, and personally, I think he'll be a bit of a let down.. He has several glaring skill deficiencies, weaknesses that will make it hard for a guy of his size to flourish at the top level..

Milera, Siposs, Cripps and Ledger are all far more promising players IMO, all of who I think will be starting 18 players by this time next year.. All have probable star potential about them... Saad is far more limited than this crop, and I'm not expecting much from him..
yep judge him on what is his first real game of AFL. (NAB cup excluded).... based off his game time total write off, delist him tomorrow! :sarcasm:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Sobraz
SS Life Member

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
Sobraz wrote:I thought Saad was very poor in his debut, and I don't think he warranted the call up in the first place...

yep judge him on what is his first real game of AFL. (NAB cup excluded).... based off his game time total write off, delist him tomorrow! :sarcasm:
Said nothing about delisting him, I just think he has many shortcomings and may struggle to succeed at the top level... Many are calling him to replace Milne, but that is just setting him up for a fall, as I can guarantee you, we will be lucky if he is half the player Milney has been...

So we're not allowed to comment on player critically at all, with a hope for improvement??... Didn't know this is a cheerleading forum...

bakes
Club Player

I thought he did quite well for his first game of AFL, considering his soccer background and the fact that he is still raw and learning the game of footy which he took up at 15 years of age.

There is only upside IMO.

Positives:
- Extremely quick and added real pressure, aswell as perceived pressure
- Snapped a superb goal from 40 metres out at a crucial time
- When he did touch the ball, he disposed of it quickly and chose the best option.

Development needed:
- Needs to be developed by the coaches to add some midfield clearance / pack type skills, to add more strings to his bow, so that he can get his own ball (similar to Nahas).

From what I could see, each of his touches were quality. Hopefully he will get the ball into his hands more often because he looks to make some smart decisions in the limited time I've seen him. Would like to see him for a full game.

Interesting that the week before, he played the whole game in the VFL solely in the foward 50.
Yet on his debut for the Saints, he was seen on the wing and even as far as defensive 50.

So I'm not quite sure what the coaches instructions were, but we can't be too harsh on a player who is still learning the game.
The responsibility is on the the Saints coaches to up-skill and give Saad the experience and exposure in the VFL to a variety of roles, so that when he plays in the AFL, he is better able to handle different roles.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:
ShanghaiSaint wrote:

Said nothing about delisting him, I just think he has many shortcomings and may struggle to succeed at the top level... Many are calling him to replace Milne, but that is just setting him up for a fall, as I can guarantee you, we will be lucky if he is half the player Milney has been...

So we're not allowed to comment on player critically at all, with a hope for improvement??... Didn't know this is a cheerleading forum...
mate he hasn't even played a full game yet. let get a few under his belt and sure if he stinks after that, drop him.... fella needs some time. VFL is like night and day to AFL, that's all he's used to atm.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
JohnE
Club Player

Jesus! If that Karmichael Hunt from the Suns is developing with guidance, so can Saad.

Kourkoumelis & Beveridge & Traianidis Appreciation Society
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

dragit wrote:only 1 goal in a half…
ImageImage
Was still more effective than Montagna was for the whole game..

dragit
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:Was still more effective than Montagna was for the whole game..
I suppose there must be junkie supporters at every club…

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

dragit wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:Was still more effective than Montagna was for the whole game..
I suppose there must be junkie supporters at every club…
Yes, I'm sure there are, mrs Montagna , especially those that think your son is playing well.. 8-)