Gilbert - Can we carry him

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert - Can we carry him

I love him. But.....................

Re: Gilbert - Can we carry him

8856brother wrote:I love him. But.....................
I DON'T

Should not go to gold coast

In red white and black from 73
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Why do you say "we" like you are part of the club?

Name one backline replacement. They are already down two with Blake in the ruck and Fisher out. Gwilt is just going ATM, and Simpkin is getting the monsters each week.

They need to sacrifice Goddard to be spare in defence, and you want to weaken the backline further.

Name a replacement.

Clarke? - 2we know he is the teams whipping boy and will get attacked on here more than any other player.

Wilkes? - cant play back to save himself.

Come up with a viable alternative.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

"Carry"

Can a top level sporting team carry anyone with a list of 40 to choose from?

F*CK NO.

Gilbert MUST go to back Sandy next week or Gold Coast next season and at this point I dont really care which

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Clarke is a better option that Gilbert at the moment. Sam is nothing like the player he was. Lets hope Chips gets back next week, we would have won by 5 goals with him there tonight.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Why do you say "we" like you are part of the club?

Name one backline replacement. They are already down two with Blake in the ruck and Fisher out. Gwilt is just going ATM, and Simpkin is getting the monsters each week.

They need to sacrifice Goddard to be spare in defence, and you want to weaken the backline further.

Name a replacement.

Clarke? - 2we know he is the teams whipping boy and will get attacked on here more than any other player.

He's no good JB. Shnieder,r my retarded brother Rupreact will be better.

Club Player

I don't bag our players but i am prepared to make an exception with gilbert. He was an embarrassment to himself and the club tonight. His papers should be stamped never to play seniors again

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:

Name a replacement.

Well then give us a replacement with Fisher out and Blake in the ruck.

Like the other trolls on here you've got nothing :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Joffa,

I think it was even argued he would not be omitted for fisher??

We have too many medium talls down back anyway..... Look, Raph seems to be in form. We know at his best he can play at the level..

Schnieder is also an in.... He could play HB or push Dal or BJ back

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Out: Gilbert (omitted)
In: Jackson Ferguson (Rookie Elevation)

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Members may not be part of the team but to question whether they are part of the club is an unfair proposition.

If it were so, there would be no reason to purchase memberships but for entertainment purposes.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Joffa,

I think it was even argued he would not be omitted for fisher??

We have too many medium talls down back anyway..... Look, Raph seems to be in form. We know at his best he can play at the level..

Schnieder is also an in.... He could play HB or push Dal or BJ back
Fisher for sure but isn't he two to three weeks away?

As I said Raph will get bagged more than Gilbo (although this would be my choice)

Bj is already pushed back because the defence is undermanned.

With our rucks undermanned taking both Dal or bj out of the mids would make the job down back even harder.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Members may not be part of the team but to question whether they are part of the club is an unfair proposition.

If it were so, there would be no reason to purchase memberships but for entertainment purposes.
nice that you defend a poster who calls our players retarded.

Lance or James??

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

What I totally don't get is that here is a player who has been in the AFL system for 7 years and still cannot kick on his right foot

Playing AFL football is his full time job - his inability to kick on his right foot is his biggest weakness yet in 7 years he still cannot kick with his right foot

Surely you would think that he would be practising and practising and practising and practising to right (pardon the pun) this weakness

He cost us 2-3 goals last night because of this glaring weakness

Sorry Sam but not good enough

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

He got caught holding the ball once but he wasn't to bad overall in the running role and his marking was good. I was at the game and obviously he was shitter on the TV. Defenders do give away goals sometimes otherwise no team would score. So we are sacking Gilbert and Gram omitting CJ and trading Joey at the end of the year and Raph is our saviour until he lets a goal past or gets caught holding the ball. When we retire Lenny, Milne, Blake and Rooey which have all been called for we will have a very very hard time finding a whipping boy but should have plenty to complain about.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

You only carry players that have a potential upside that justfies carrying them

Gilbert has been consistently average for over a season

I love this argument of who else could do his role??? You mean the role that he's NOT doing hence we're all complaining about him.

There is no benefit of playing him at the current time

Calais
Club Player

Getting him booked in to sit down and have a chat with the club Psychologist might be worth a try. Could all be in his head.

defacto
Club Player

apparently we just re-signed him. so the pelch and watters must think hes contributing

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

joffaboy wrote:
8856brother wrote:

Name a replacement.

Well then give us a replacement with Fisher out and Blake in the ruck.

Like the other trolls on here you've got nothing :roll:
The old troll chestnut. So predictable. Gilbert is as useless as tits on a bull and has been for ages. Open your eyes already flogboy. :roll:

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Raph Clarke should have played last weekend after his BOG performance for Sandy the last Sandy game. Instead they ignored him and brought in Jimmy Gwilt, who has shown he is still not ready after two games, but he is getting closer. It looks to me that the selection panel is paying too much attention to the anti- Raphites on Saintsational.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

id bring in raph and get gilbert out of the backline
get him on the left win of left HFF

trying to get onto your left foot in the back line when under pressure is going to cause probs every time

older saint
SS Life Member

Bottom line to me is players must be picked on Form not reputation. Gilbert is out of form and costs goals, raph has form ( be it VFL) and therefore needs an opportunity. Who cares whether he gets bagged here or at the ground- Stanton got cheered off the ground when subbed out by Ess supporters now they all love him.

Sends a bad message otherwise
Last edited by older saint on Mon 04 Jun 2012 12:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:The old troll chestnut. So predictable. Gilbert is as useless as tits on a bull and has been for ages. Open your eyes already flogboy. :roll:

Another troll with no alternative.

Come on Little Poser - instead of whinging and whining come up with a viable alternative.

You people piss and mona and whine louder than an EH diff but do you EVER come up a viable solution?

No. And why? Because whinging is easier and a low energy exercise. You want to whinge and whine but want someone else to fix it for you :roll:

So typical.

Out od all the whining troll calling our players retards and etc not one.

Only BM had a go at suggesting an alternative, A lot of thing can be said about BM but he isn't a pissweak whining troll like you lot.

Lance or James??

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Before we consign him to the dust bin consider the fact that he may be first ruck this week with Kosi reportedly carrying a quad injury and the defence leaderless and lost without Blake.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert is our tallest defender, unless you'd rather have Wilkes down back (please god no!) If Raph is going to come in, it is going to be at the expense of a midfielder (most likely with Goddard moving further forward).

He might be out of sorts, he might not be able to kick on the right foot, he might fumble some times, but Sam has several centimetres over Simpkin, Clarke, etc.

And, as bigcarl points out, we might need him in the ruck too.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift