So what did we think of Gwilt's game?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SMS
Club Player

Re: So what did we think of Gwilt's game?

classic 2nd game blues. But it had to be done. Get off him he is a star!

Get all the game time in him. We will need him on grand final day this year! ;)

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

defensively we were obviously off last night. Gwilt wasn't great. and Simpkin struggled to get a fist in.
but, I think we're flat and a little knackered. that is the first game for mine that our injured players have been sorely (no pun) missed.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Pretty tough game for someone in his 2nd game back after a knee reco. Gave away 12cm in height and about 10kg in weight in an overall undermanned and undersized back half. Ideally, he shouldn't be asked to play that sort of role even when at peak fitness and form. He'll get better, I've no doubt, but it'll take at least another 6 weeks before his fitness and confidence will be to pre-injury status. It may even take until next season. Really felt for him last night.

Hughjarce
Club Player

Once the pain of defeat dissipates, we can analyse individual performances without any emotion. Gwilt's game must be viewed in the context that he will be about 4-6 weeks off his best. Unfortunately for us we don't have many options with injuries. Clarke is pushing for selection however, he is the whipping boy in this forum which, I think is sad because he has shown he can play well at this level (it's also sad because as supporters we turn on our players too much especially after a bad game but are slow to acknowledge when they improve.)

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
older saint
SS Life Member

Classic 2nd game back struggle