David Armitage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Legendary
Club Player

Re: David Armitage

Has been in our best 6 in 6 matches, poor in 2 games and serviceable in the other 2 ... having a good year, would be top 10 in our B&F IMO

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He reminds me of Mark Harvey when he played, little bit of the agro in him and uses his solid body to charge around the ground. I was really looking forward to him taking over in the absence of Ball, he is probably getting close to that now.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Turning into one our most reliable players. Doesn't waste the ball and a bloody good kick for goals. Keep it up Armo

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:Has been in our best 6 in 6 matches, poor in 2 games and serviceable in the other 2 ... having a good year, would be top 10 in our B&F IMO

would be top 3 in our b & f.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

a few years back i brought a saints jumper with armos number on it such was my faith in him becoming a champ and i walked up to him after the practice match and asked him to sign my jumper. He said thats fine and when i turned around to let him sign it he almost fell over and said your the first bloke I've had come up to me with my number to which my reply was don't make me regret it haha.
We had a laugh and he thanked me for my support but i spose the moral of the story is this bloke will be a champ and it about time all the blokes on this forum start to get on board cause we have almost lost him once and i hate seeing his haters on hear that i would say wouldn't of helped his doubts about making it as a saints champ.
In my opinion bout time people on this forum (select people not everyone) start supporting our up and coming players regardless of for constancy, slight errors and stupid hang ups that do nothing but leave a bad taste in all our mouths and make us question up and coming players for no reason but shear lack of nothing else to do but create doomsday scenarios that have plagued our supporters for years... grow up (you know who you are if you are reading this) and support this team like a real supporters should. unconditionally!!

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
mick13
Club Player

jimmy_slats wrote:a few years back i brought a saints jumper with armos number on it such was my faith in him becoming a champ and i walked up to him after the practice match and asked him to sign my jumper. He said thats fine and when i turned around to let him sign it he almost fell over and said your the first bloke I've had come up to me with my number to which my reply was don't make me regret it haha.
We had a laugh and he thanked me for my support but i spose the moral of the story is this bloke will be a champ and it about time all the blokes on this forum start to get on board cause we have almost lost him once and i hate seeing his haters on hear that i would say wouldn't of helped his doubts about making it as a saints champ.
In my opinion bout time people on this forum (select people not everyone) start supporting our up and coming players regardless of for constancy, slight errors and stupid hang ups that do nothing but leave a bad taste in all our mouths and make us question up and coming players for no reason but shear lack of nothing else to do but create doomsday scenarios that have plagued our supporters for years... grow up (you know who you are if you are reading this) and support this team like a real supporters should. unconditionally!!
Jumped on him in May 2008 (as per my BF username) after one of his better games against Essendon (think it was 20 touches, 2 goals and a lot of tackles). Been a rocky ride since, but solidified the bromance with the number 20 on my new jumper thanks to that Centrebet deal start of last year.

Gonna wear it with pride over the next decade me thinks :mrgreen:

jimmy_slats
Club Player

wear it with pride the bloke bleeds red white and black (he should probably get that checked) we need hard at players that love the club in this team and he is an ambassador for my likes

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
noob
Club Player

Played well tonight

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:I thought he was easily our best player tonight. We actually looked dangerous when he was near the ball. Hopefully, he can carry his Docklands form to a few other grounds in the near future.
If not for this man Hayes and Steven we would have never had the ball

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Bardon Saint
Club Player

jimmy_slats wrote:a few years back i brought a saints jumper with armos number on it such was my faith in him becoming a champ and i walked up to him after the practice match and asked him to sign my jumper. He said thats fine and when i turned around to let him sign it he almost fell over and said your the first bloke I've had come up to me with my number to which my reply was don't make me regret it haha.
nice story, good stuff

defacto
Club Player

Bardon Saint wrote:
nice story, good stuff
cool story man.

the kid isnt elite or a gun yet. but i think hes developing nicely. it'd be a shame for him to get content and stop now. he need to keep working on his consistency and string together a really good season, instead of 1-2 games.

he played his role very well tonight!! can hold his head high

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't good enough under Lyon though???

He must have just got good all of a sudden??? Many on here thought little of him, clearly ones who didn't watch VFL.... But anyway, the point was argued as far back as 2008, why were we not playing a bloke with obvious ability???

Amazing what consistent opportunity does.... Should have been at this level of games 18 mths ago

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

So despite the title of a previous thread (something re consistency...), Armo' is stringing 'em together.

I note that in early days on the SS voting he's polling very strongly (again). If this keeps up, Armo' could be the poll leader after round 13.

Great stuff Armo, keep 'em coming, you have arrived as a very solid and very good AFL footballer. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Yep I certainly got it wrong but the problem is we arent a good side no matter how well Armo is going.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

3 contested possessions, 1 clearance, 6 clangers. A couple of goals doesn't hurt, but it's strange to see him getting a lot of BOGs in the votes thread. Hayes and Steven both kicked a couple each and did better out of the middle.

Yeah nah pleasing positive