Gilbert deal imminent

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gilbert deal imminent

gringo wrote:
So who would have come in for Eddy? I honestly can't remember who was available but Eddy was probably selected over a kid because there wasn't anyone better available. If the forum chose our team Lenny, BJ and Dal would get exposed when no one else was good enough to make the cut.
I'm not really having a dig at Eddy and truth be told I didn't really have an issue with his selection... I'm just trying to point out that sometimes the coaches themselves can be inconsistent or get things wrong.
To go from able to play in a grandfinal to straight out delisted smells fishy.

No doubt plugger will point out that the coaches have all the inside knowledge to make more informed decisions than us... and hey who knows maybe Rob really dropped his bundle after that game. IMO when you weigh up list management decisions between 2007-11 some... interesting decision making is evident right through. From an external POV, for mine it's enough to suggest as a coach this wasn't his strongest area.

In answer to your question... well according to "Inside the Bubble" we had nearly a full list to choose from. Reports on this site suggested that Armitage, Steven etc were all injured but according to Mission, they were not... interesting. IIRC Geary was another that was also available.

If was was to have dropped a player though, Eddy would have been down the list a few spots

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: You don't care what i think remember? You said I was a waste of time.
And you're doing nothing to change that view with another non-contribution which begs the question of why even bother to post?

Bagging me must be very important to you

And with all the nasty, patronising comments you've thrown at me over the last few months look at you crying for sympathy now.

Yeah i gave as good as I got. I will endeavour to ignore your snide remarks in the future as i know it must be frustrating for forumites wanting to discuss footy to have to read the diversion away from topics such as this.

I can only ask that in future you argue the content of discussion if there is something you disagree with rather than make nasty personal attacks

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i like everything about him
except not being able to throw the ball on the right what so ever

Saints43
Club Player

Gilbo works his guts out every match.

He may have no right side but I don't reckon the opposition ever want to kick it to his opponent. He's a fantastic stopper. And if you run with the ball the number of times he does you're going to get wrapped up a certain number of times anyway.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:Gilbo works his guts out every match.

He may have no right side but I don't reckon the opposition ever want to kick it to his opponent. He's a fantastic stopper. And if you run with the ball the number of times he does you're going to get wrapped up a certain number of times anyway.
Too sensible for this site. Be damned.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
SaintPav wrote: You don't care what i think remember? You said I was a waste of time.
And you're doing nothing to change that view with another non-contribution which begs the question of why even bother to post?

Bagging me must be very important to you

And with all the nasty, patronising comments you've thrown at me over the last few months look at you crying for sympathy now.

Yeah i gave as good as I got. I will endeavour to ignore your snide remarks in the future as i know it must be frustrating for forumites wanting to discuss footy to have to read the diversion away from topics such as this.

I can only ask that in future you argue the content of discussion if there is something you disagree with rather than make nasty personal attacks
Sympathy? LMFAO...OMG, you are so deluded and have an incredibly high regard of your own importance...like my SS world revolves around you Sceptic...I wasn't even speaking to you in the first place but you saw what you wanted to see in my post. hilarious..

Regarding personal attacks, why don't you follow your own advice becuause you are a hypocrite. And you asked me and brought my name up in your last post so take a leaf pal.

BTW, I'll probably stop responding to your idiotic posts when you stop writing stupid things and paint your opinion as fact..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

im pretty disappointed tbh... Gilbert just isn't up to it and anything we pay would be overs... very disappointed

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Saints43 wrote:Gilbo works his guts out every match.

Too sensible for this site. Be damned.
I agree, a bit of a gold nugget amongst some sludge. :)

tgf
Club Player

Not saying he should go or stay but if he is unsigned he can leave at the end of the year without any tarde. If he is signed we have some control over where he goes as all parties need to agree to the trade

asiu
Saintsational Legend

tarde ?

ie , can i actually use it against mum at scrabble ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Austinnn
Club Player

I'm happy to give Sam Gilbert the benefit of the doubt, but I hope that eventually we have players that can compete strongly for his place.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Majority
Club Player

If Gilly does leave, will he take Grant Hanson and the crew with him?

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/marngrook/panel.htm

If you have not seen this football show, I suggest you try and catch it tonight.

ABC 2 8:30pm

The Real Footy Show For Real Footy Fans ...Marngrook!

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Think he's having a much better season than last year, not hard to realise why, he hasn't got fake twins problems this year.

He's kicked a couple of good goals and appears too be hitting targets at a higher percentage that before.

Will benefit a lot when Fish get's back in the side.

Actually, he can roost a ball if he get's onto one properly.

I have no desire too see any of our establisehed best players leave, think the kids can benefit from them for a year or two yet and lay the foundation for the next Saints team that challenges for the flag.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

tgf wrote:Not saying he should go or stay but if he is unsigned he can leave at the end of the year without any tarde. If he is signed we have some control over where he goes as all parties need to agree to the trade
forgive me if I'm wrong but if he signs, he can't leave in the 1st year of his contract yes? Unless he quits?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
tgf wrote:Not saying he should go or stay but if he is unsigned he can leave at the end of the year without any tarde. If he is signed we have some control over where he goes as all parties need to agree to the trade
forgive me if I'm wrong but if he signs, he can't leave in the 1st year of his contract yes? Unless he quits?

We can still trade him if he agrees.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

ageed sainterk, think he will become a winger once out backman come back and we draft another tall back. When this happens his line breaking will be extremely important. Despite what others say I believe him and gram are extremely important to this new game plan. Jus need to sign gram on to lower coin. restructure the contracts slightly and we can look at a little bit of clever trading and drafting IMO.

This year was always transition. Next year will be exciting!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Should be delisted for rooting Kim Duthie

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
dragit
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Should be delisted for rooting Kim Duthie
Add another queensland boy to that then… actually 2 more :shock:

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Toy Saint wrote:but he's a rugby player
That's all that needs to be said about Gilbert. I hope we do a trade with GWS or Gold Coast and unearth a few more gems like Milera and Saad.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Not even two years since he was 3rd in our BnF when we made the Grand Final.

Not to mention that we have a massive dearth of players between 22 and 28 so he simply has to be kept.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs