Frustration

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainter#4
Club Player

Frustration

Port, Freo, RIchmond and now bloody Adelaide....

im so god damn sick of us losing winnable games.

We should have really been 10-2 or 9-3.

this year has all the hallmarks of a pointless season to me, we have so much potential to really challenge yet at this rate we will be lucky to get 8th.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Frustration

Agree. The WORST word in the dictionary is "IF" !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

St Lenny
Club Player

Or my most hated expression - next year

sainter#4
Club Player

at the moment, our defense is piss poor. Senior players no longer block or body blokes, stupid passes across the back half that arnt required eg montagna to goddard late in the last against the tigers...poor kick, goal tigers = game over.

i understand that with us scoring much heavier, that we would concede more but its become a joke that we look like conceding every time the opposition goes forward.

some times i wish we could have the best of watters and lyin....

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

We rally need the bye to refresh, re-assess and re-load.

Backline is now a real problem - no tight body-on-body defense. Too much room to move in our defensive 50 now.
Gwilty is looking slow and lacking confidence. We miss Zac far more than I thought we would - bring back Max !

sainter#4
Club Player

St Lenny wrote:Or my most hated expression - next year

I dont know if it hasn't dawned on our supporters or the bloody playing group. This current list is ether our last or second last chance.

roo, kosi,dal,joey, lenny, milney schneids,fisher etc are all in the late 20's or early 30's. We will be nearly doing a stkilda 2000-2003 rebuild in the very near future and slowly the game is passing our greats bye.

sainter#4
Club Player

Junction Oval wrote:We rally need the bye to refresh, re-assess and re-load.

Backline is now a real problem - no tight body-on-body defense. Too much room to move in our defensive 50 now.
Gwilty is looking slow and lacking confidence. We miss Zac far more than I thought we would - bring back Max !
would love to see a backline consisting of;

geary gwilt simpkin
goddard (loose man)
gilbert fisher dempster

goddard has shown nothing since the 2010 grandfinal's.In my opinion we play him as the loose man with the instructions of having him as a quarter back and to affect any one on one contests eg blake/tippet last night. This way the ball comes to him and he can rack up touch and use his kicking skills to set up play.

It also means if they man up Bj that we effectively have a 7/7 in their 50, Thus opening up the ground for our runners and forwards to move into and exploit.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The game is getting quicker, more intense and exhausting. This year is a "last ditch effort" by several of our senior players. Unfortunately, next year we will see some real slowing down.

older saint
SS Life Member

BAD KICKING = BAD FOOTBALL

Still sticks through despite the changes to the game. Kicking 5.8 and then 2.4 in 2 quarters of footbal, especially on the road is inexcusable. The really disappointing thing is it was Kosi, Roo, Milne - guys with over 200 games and 1000 goals between them dead in front. Roo was injured so maybe half an excuse but not for the others ( in 2nd quarter).
Did the same against Richmond and tried to do the same early against Sydney.

Great heart and never say die belief in this group but you cannot put yourself behind and expect to come back and win