Is Kosi fair dinkum

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is Kosi fair dinkum

Should have been paid at least four frees Rutten just wrapped him up or pummeled into him. Far worse than anything that happened to Tippet.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:Really he is an ordinary footballer. Not his fault. Mine for expecting more.
Hey Pluggs', well done. The bait has been taken, and this thread is already on page two and picking up steam. Again, well done. :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Jimmy O'Dea wrote:We just cant continue playing him to support Roo. Its going to be a tough call for the Coach given his standing with the players but its time. Stanley, Roo and Sippos with the smalls.
Sadly, I agree. Apparently he's a fantastic guy and a great clubman but his time may be up.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I expect to much from posters on here.

My mistake.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

has nobody listened to me for like 3 years or something?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
loris
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I expect to much from posters on here.

My mistake.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

atta girl, just luv ur wit :P :P :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

sainter104
Club Player

give wilkes a go foward have blake mac ruck kosi rest or find something in magoos

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

It's up to him and it's up to the leadership and the coaches to MANAGE the older players. What more efn evidence do you need than last night's match.

Kosi got suspended and then came back after a freshen up and killed it...he was played where he is most comfortable and he had an opportunity to play to his strengths close to goal.

Sure he was needed last night and he had to play, but why did he HAVE to play against the Suns?????

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I agree Scollop

I said Kosi, Hayes and Milne could of done with a break last week.

People keep arguing that we don't have the luxury, but too much respect was paid to GC last week.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Kosi should be in the goal square or the ruck and now where else if we are to get any value out of him.

Let roo run around the 50m arc and get Kosi to stand in the square and never be more than 10m from there.

When he does go in the ruck, he just rucks.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:Kosi should be in the goal square or the ruck and now where else if we are to get any value out of him.

Let roo run around the 50m arc and get Kosi to stand in the square and never be more than 10m from there.

When he does go in the ruck, he just rucks.
I think Kosi may struggle once Stanley is back. Sippos looks more of a good fit as a key forward with Stanley ruck/forward.

I always thought over the past few years that the answer might be to put Kosi back in the ruck, but now McEvoy, Stanley and even Blake seem to be regarded as better options.

I don't know where that leaves Kosi, who is reportedly a ripping bloke and great clubman.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Saw some plays from last night and heaps of the ruck that went our way was from the big Kos. I potted him but was probably venting at anyone that I could find.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:heaps of the ruck that went our way was from the big Kos.
He might have to displace McEvoy then

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Kosi will play alot better when Stanley is back.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I agree Scollop

People keep arguing that we don't have the luxury, but too much respect was paid to GC last week.

Kosi is out of form. Hayes and Milne arent even though you wouldnt know it from the crap on here. He didnt need a rest last week, he needed confidence but couldnt get it. The day a side rests guys when we arent even close to being certain for the finals is the day footy is finished.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Milne has not been playing well at all...

He got on the end of three last night.... He did not create anything, was terrible in fact.

His output is not great, but is benefitting more from faster ball movement to get some cheapies... His defensive work was woeful

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hayes is Hayes

But last night was his biggest arse rheeming for a long while.... His opponent was BOG by a long way to HT

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Hayes is Hayes

But last night was his biggest arse rheeming for a long while.... His opponent was BOG by a long way to HT

Should watch the whole game it would help understand. Thompson played on about 4 players not just Hayes and Milne had at least 6 shots at goal. I dont care when they were otherwise if it was that easy someone else would have kicked the goals. Please try to understand the game. It will make it more enjoyable.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Milne has not been playing well at all...

He got on the end of three last night.... He did not create anything, was terrible in fact.

His output is not great, but is benefitting more from faster ball movement to get some cheapies... His defensive work was woeful
Agreed and when he moved into the middle turned it over and made dumb decision often.

“Yeah….nah””
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Obviously more are starting to see the light. A couple of years ago some of us would get a fair share of backlashing for a post like this on Kosi no matter how useless he was playing

spert
Saintsational Legend

Kosi aint what he used to be sadly, and I think Wilkes is a slightly better option in the forward line at the moment.

FQF
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Milne has not been playing well at all...

Milne's average tackles over the last 3 seasons have been:
2010 - 2
2011 - 2.6
2012 - 2.3

I don't think his defensive contribution has decreased.

He is on track to kick as many goals this year as he does every year, and he has had his usual number of standout games.

His average disposals are down, but that's to be expected given that he's sharing the crumbing duties with two other players for the first time in his career. The fact that he has maintained his goal kicking numbers is testament to his exceptional ability as a small forward.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Milney is NOT playing as well as previous years. We are actually creating more opportunities for him through our game style that he should be the beneficiary of. He is missing goals that a player of his experience should be kicking. That missed goal in the last quarter when we had a run on was terrible. However to say he's creating nothing over looks certain things like the handpass to Armo in the 3rd that should have been a certain goal that Armo missed. He is still worth his spot in the team, he just needs to finish off better. He is certainly playing better than Milera. I don't care about experience, I'm talking about who deserves their spot more. Hands down at the moment - it's Milne. For us to convert these close losses to wins though, he and Roo need to convert easy shots. That's what they're down there for. No point talking about dropping himthough, because a lesser player would probably not even be in a position to kick the easy goal.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:I agree Scollop

Kosi is out of form. Hayes and Milne arent even though you wouldnt know it from the crap on here. He didnt need a rest last week, he needed confidence but couldnt get it. The day a side rests guys when we arent even close to being certain for the finals is the day footy is finished.
P66, you old codger.....this isn't the eighties!!! Footy is different now. Can you imagine if KB was asked to come off the ground a few times a quarter????

Get with the times man!!! Players are rested during games and sometimes half a dozen times during quarters....Extend that even further and it will become more accepted that the whole playing list is utilised and some of your KPP and even star mids will be managed with weeks off. The players themselves have demanded 2 byes for next year.

I mean Wilke was just crucified with that effort in WA, but he has shown he can offer something. If we recruited Wilkes for a purpose and the guy has shown that he might offer some flexibility, then swap Kos or Roo for Wilkes during some matches in the year and you have the added benefit of keeping Wilkes relatively keen and hungry, while giving the senior warriors abit of a rest against some of the weaker teams. Same goes with some of the mids and some of the small forwards. We know that Milne, and Kosi would be in the starting line up ahead of Wilkes and others if it comes to crunch games and finals, but for goodness sake, lets use the depth that we have to our advantage.

Imho, the difficulty for senior coaches and selection committees is that there is pressure from senior players that do not want to miss games and there is favouritism with who gets a game and who doesn't. Take the individual out of the equation and look at the playing list as a whole. I reckon there needs to be a move away from the 'one week a time mentality'. Coaches should look at each opponent differently and bunch a group of games together and put a team out there that is suited to our best chance of winning that bunch of matches.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Hayes is Hayes

Should watch the whole game it would help understand. Thompson played on about 4 players not just Hayes and Milne had at least 6 shots at goal. I dont care when they were otherwise if it was that easy someone else would have kicked the goals. Please try to understand the game. It will make it more enjoyable.
Milne was terrible, I reckon he cost us the game.
Too little too late.
He needed to nail that shot when we were 20 points down with about 5-6 mins left, and he didn't.
The goals after that were in junk time.

Thompson got a ride from a dominant ruck IMO.