Scott Waters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SMS
Club Player

Scott Waters

I love this guy!!

I think he has been BRILLIANT. I love the way we play. I love his calm agression. I love how he has got fun and love back in the club. Reiwoldt, koschitzke were gone along with others ... but they look to have new life. He is single handly saving this club 100's of 1000s of dollars in the cap, through getting the boys to be a close unit again. We lost it somewhat in 2011. I love the way he handles the media. He seems like an AFL coach of 20 years. I love the fact he still sees us winning the flag this year or next, not copping out when he could. He could easily blame Lyon and co and say its going ton take me years but NO he says NOW and ALWAYS we will challenge.

I love how he has got Stanley and Simpkin playing how they should.

Who would've thought all this was possible in october last year??

Change of coach is "blessing in disguise" at its greatest.

We only just lost to adelaide, and you know that when we click we CAN beat anyone. Saad, Milera, etc etc etc the injection of speed and youth is just ORGASMIC!

Just had to post how fortunate we are to have this guy. Timing is everything in these things and we seem to have (through pure luck) timed this appointment to perfection.

Its great to have a coach not even oppo supporters can say anything negative about. Seriously its been a while.

Scotty Watters please be OUR coach for 20 years, as Im sure in that time we'd see 3-6 flags. And fun flags too certainly not boring.

PS. No Joke I am enjoying this season moreso than 2010. Our losses are more fun. Because you see that when it clicks 100% ... THE SAINTS WILL BE AMAZING.

Megsie
Club Player

Re: Scott Waters

You have been reading my mind.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I like your post, but no loses are any good

I love this club
noreason41
Club Player

Stillwaiting wrote:I like your post, but no loses are any good
I don't get it either.
Losses are more fun? :roll: :roll:

jays
Club Player

We will be much better next year once we get used to his game plan

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

We like losing now? Odd.

I've enjoyed the youth development and actually having a forward line when the ball goes down there....

I've not enjoyed our defense leaking like a sieve against good opponents... We have plenty to do to get that balance right IMO before we are serious contenders

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the OP, and I agree - would love to see Saints back this bloke to be coach for many years to come.

Nearly a great post on the coach and his strengths.....but 'fun' and 'loss' don't go together in the same sentence.

It's been documented in the 6 Day break threads that we didn't meet Adelaide and West Coast on equal terms. We had 6 day breaks against both when WC had an 8 day break and Crows hit us fresh out from a bye. I'm sure that the fighting spirit shown in the losses against West Coast and Adelaide gives the team confidence that we can match it with some of the top 4. The faith and belief of the team starts with the coaching group. This confidence and this sort of spirit will be crucial to the younger and more inexperienced players for finals campaigns in years to come.

sainters4eva
Club Player

Who's Scott Waters?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

sainters4eva wrote:Who's Scott Waters?
Nick Reiwoldt's mate, who knows Aaron Sippos and Jack Stevens.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Love people who pull others up on their spelling mistakes. What would we do without you.

Think I spelt everything rite. Good job.

Club Player

This is not about enjoying losses, it's about scott watters as coach, and I agree 100%, he's been fabulous and will be a sought after coach in 3 years time.

Losing is a fact of football life and some losses are worse than others and Scott has shown that he hates losing too and deals well with losing by using it to galvanise the group.

Don't forget this is a rookie coach in his first year and he's still learning as he goes and he knows he hasn't got the defense right, yet....

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:This is not about enjoying losses, it's about scott watters as coach, and I agree 100%, he's been fabulous and will be a sought after coach in 3 years time.

Losing is a fact of football life and some losses are worse than others and Scott has shown that he hates losing too and deals well with losing by using it to galvanise the group.

Don't forget this is a rookie coach in his first year and he's still learning as he goes and he knows he hasn't got the defense right, yet....

Hope he has more success than our last "sought after" coach.
Going OK at the moment, but long way to go before we can know one way or the other.

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:

Hope he has more success than our last "sought after" coach.
Going OK at the moment, but long way to go before we can know one way or the other.

What would be great would be if he becomes the coach who takes us to a flag and remains sought after but stays at st.kilda for ten years and turns us into a powerhouse club.

SMS
Club Player

jays wrote:We will be much better next year once we get used to his game plan
OR in a month when it all clicks together??? mmm? You never know we seem to be taking to the plan hoping its sooner than next year.

SMS
Club Player

Sorry for spelling mistakes ... i am impressed with the way you know words ...

I just think this guy has what it takes. Proud to have him as our coach AND we are improving and we are fun to watch whcih we have nt been since 2009. And before that 2005/ part of 2006. So Im enjoying it. Big change from the fact inn October we were gone. dead. no dreams nothing. Looked to be that way for 10 years as we go back to the saints of old. BUT ALAS SAVIOUR WATTERS! Now im dreaming and have hope, even in this year.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Watters will need to find some players to cover the most obvious weaknesses in this team before we will get to
another Grand Final and if Lenny and Roo and Fisher and a couple of others retire before we get there again then Watters will
have to find even more replacements...

hang in there....it might be awhile...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Love people who pull others up on their spelling mistakes. What would we do without you...
Spell correctly? Opinions should be a lot more difficult to arrive at than correct spelling, but these days even they are cheap, even when spelt in correctly. The odd "typo" is OK ( i cnat tpye). But computers actually have spell checkers and clubs actually list players with their names spelt correctly. It's laziness, pure and simple, just the sort of thing we demand less of from our players. So why not us?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
8856brother wrote:Love people who pull others up on their spelling mistakes. What would we do without you...
Spell correctly? Opinions should be a lot more difficult to arrive at than correct spelling, but these days even they are cheap, even when spelt in correctly. The odd "typo" is OK ( i cnat tpye). But computers actually have spell checkers and clubs actually list players with their names spelt correctly. It's laziness, pure and simple, just the sort of thing we demand less of from our players. So why not us?

Spelling mistakes are inconsequential and trivial. Players being lazy is not a good comparison. Think you're taking your little pretentious posts way too seriously...Next you'll be demanding that we don't drink before we post, or worse still, that we abstain during the footy season :shock: :? :shock:

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

I don't think people need to go around pointing out others spelling mistakes, but I do think that people with bad spelling deserve less respect for their opinion then others.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:I don't think people need to go around pointing out others spelling mistakes, but I do think that people with bad spelling deserve less respect for their opinion then others.
See...thats a dumb post.

Ive read poorly spelt posts on here that absolutely nail and make a good point.
Ive read so-called "english professors" on here put forward posts that are just cr@p.

I dont care if people struggle to spell as long as they try - I do care when they dont think. Give me those posters any day.

“Yeah….nah””
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
hungry for a premiership wrote:I don't think people need to go around pointing out others spelling mistakes, but I do think that people with bad spelling deserve less respect for their opinion then others.
See...thats a dumb post.

Ive read poorly spelt posts on here that absolutely nail and make a good point.
Ive read so-called "english professors" on here put forward posts that are just cr@p.

I dont care if people struggle to spell as long as they try - I do care when they dont think. Give me those posters any day.

Okay I agree spelling and grammer don't contain any actual meaning in and of themselves, and the weight and depth of a post are comprised by the sharpness of the point and the depth of the understanding of the issues spoken about,

BUT

there is a fine line between an accidental spelling mistake and sheer LAZINESS, and when it's LAZINESS we encounter, then the opinion loses credibility.

How hard is it to right-click on misspelled words, seriously?

And how much can you really love or care or know about Siposs, Steven, Watters, or Riewoldt, when you can't even spell their names?

Anyway, can we go back to talking about how great Scott Watters is now?

St Lenny
Club Player

Why do people get so upity about spelling which can often be a typo. Seriously we are not writing to the Queen.

Anyway, back to the point re losses. No one in their right mind would be happy with a loss. BUT, if the boys have a good hard crack like the Adelaide game, you can walk away comfortable that they tried hard.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I commented last year, that the Coaching Appointment "panel" and the 'process" looked very good and that we should put some faith in its ability to make a good choice of coach (especially when R. Harvey was in the mix). Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I think that our "panel/process" is likely to have got us the best of the new coaches this year. :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:I commented last year, that the Coaching Appointment "panel" and the 'process" looked very good and that we should put some faith in its ability to make a good choice of coach (especially when R. Harvey was in the mix). Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I think that our "panel/process" is likely to have got us the best of the new coaches this year. :wink:

Reckon Adelaide may disagree.

hAyES
Club Player

I think he's been an absolute god-send. From the gameplan (which will really stand up when we get some key defenders), to the competition for spots, to the way he presents in the media, honestly I could go on and on. If I said Ross leaving was a blessing in disguise it would be a massive understatement. Really excited about the direction he's taking us in.