Shite Mgt of Stanley

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Shite Mgt of Stanley

So it was always the case Stanley was another week off - every week the injury updates were consistent. Then bang all of a sudden he comes back a week early.
Smacked of poor mgt and desperation. Shite Mgt. Scotty and Burge have learnt a heck of a lot this year. Made a few blunders lets be honest
We will much smarter next year.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: Shite Mgt of Stanley

Con Gorozidis wrote:So it was always the case Stanley was another week off - every week the injury updates were consistent. Then bang all of a sudden he comes back a week early.
Smacked of poor mgt and desperation. Shite Mgt. Scotty and Burge have learnt a heck of a lot this year. Made a few blunders lets be honest
Have checked your facts!!

Was mentioned prior to the bye he was ready to go...............

but medics/coaching staff opted for the extra week.

It went again which is disappointing but because it was a week early I doubt it.

Con you have a history of shooting off and going early in a number of posts

THIS one just smacks of it again

saint4life
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Why wasnt he the sub?

A cautious approach when dealing with a Springbok type player that Stanley is makes a lot of sense iMO

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Have you caught a bit of hind-sight-itis off BM Con?

Watch out, next thing you'll have the dreaded captain-obviousis too…

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Why wasnt he the sub?

A cautious approach when dealing with a Springbok type player that Stanley is makes a lot of sense iMO
Subs are supposed to come on and go crazy in the limited time available. That's a pretty good recipe for hammy twanging.

And of course, even as a sub you may have to come on at the 1 minute mark of the first quarter.

He's either ready to go or he's not. And there's a chance that if he'd been held back another week then he would've have been injured against the Bombers.

None of us know. Put it down to bad luck I reckon.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:So it was always the case Stanley was another week off - every week the injury updates were consistent. Then bang all of a sudden he comes back a week early.

It went again which is disappointing but because it was a week early I doubt it.

i sure do buddy! proof is in the puddin! was bought back to early. fact.
and yeah i checked my facts. was always scheduled to be back rd 13 - then suddenly they pushed it fwd a week.
so ur telling me they got it right - despite evidence to the contrary?
I definitely go off early - but some people just support the powers that be despite clear evidence in front of them telling them otherwise.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I definitely go off early -
No, early would have been before the game…

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote: i sure do buddy! proof is in the puddin! was bought back to early. fact.
No, actually, that's your opinion.

Does anyone know if it was the exact same injury recurring? Was it the same spot on the same leg?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
chook23 wrote:

and yeah i checked my facts. was always scheduled to be back rd 13 - then suddenly they pushed it fwd a week.
I definitely go off early - but some people just support the powers that be despite clear evidence in front of them telling them otherwise.
So you have spoken to someone at the club and they said he didnt have an extra week? I very much doubt that. By the way is it the same leg and the same part of the hamstring. Your doctor mate who examained Rooy after round one should have that information. By the way are we ready to tank now Con?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
chook23 wrote:

Did he come back too early for the game against WCE this year upon injuring his hamstring twice last year? No. He just got re-injured.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote: and yeah i checked my facts. was always scheduled to be back rd 13 - then suddenly they pushed it fwd a week.
Wasn't that match just played in round 14??

Ross who?
Club Player

I can guarantee you all that he was NOT rushed back. (Those I respect know my info is good!) Rhys had been in full training before the bye and was definitely testing out the injury in that time. After re-injuring the hammy last year, double scanning was done in this instance also. Rhys was 100% right to go!
History of Rhy's hammy:
2011: First ever hamstring injury (in his life) at Sandy. Re injured and missed most of year. Was right prior to end of H&A season but put on ice. TEAR WAS LOW ON HAMMY
2012: vs WCE. Was pushed by Nic Nat while over running ball. Medicos believe it would have happened to 90% of other players. TEAR WAS HIGH ON HAMMY.

Totally separate injury occurrences, which happen to be on same tendon/muscle. I am not sure of current injury area etc. post NM game, but I can assure you all he was 100% fit and was not rushed back.

Some people just get a kick out of shooting their mouth off without any facts to base it on.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:I can guarantee you all that he was NOT rushed back. (Those I respect know my info is good!) Rhys had been in full training before the bye and was definitely testing out the injury in that time. After re-injuring the hammy last year, double scanning was done in this instance also. Rhys was 100% right to go!
History of Rhy's hammy:
2011: First ever hamstring injury (in his life) at Sandy. Re injured and missed most of year. Was right prior to end of H&A season but put on ice. TEAR WAS LOW ON HAMMY
2012: vs WCE. Was pushed by Nic Nat while over running ball. Medicos believe it would have happened to 90% of other players. TEAR WAS HIGH ON HAMMY.

Totally separate injury occurrences, which happen to be on same tendon/muscle. I am not sure of current injury area etc. post NM game, but I can assure you all he was 100% fit and was not rushed back.

Some people just get a kick out of shooting their mouth off without any facts to base it on.

I actually thought you didnt respect me but it is good to know you do.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

from what i hear plugger your 'work' for the club is appreciated by the young uns and respected by management.
... good onya.

lennys my favourite.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Maybe it's just the modern game.

It's so fast.

Even Buddy did his taking a run and bounce.

If you're tall, perhaps quit thinking you're small ;)

CJC
Club Player

I think we need more meat and potatoes at training.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

shite post

Posting 20 years of holey crap!