Jason Gram

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beekay
SS Life Member

Re: Jason Gram

Teflon wrote:
I'll put it this way - in a 1 on 1 , ball coming in , needing to be killed...........I have time and again seen Gram go to spoil....yet somehow either brush the ball or miss it completely.
Add that to his late chase/intercept moments, where he decides to get going way too late just to not look like a complete sloth.

Gram is an embarrassment. And you can see the team go flat as a direct result of his inability to compete and strive for a contest.

My most disliked player of all time. No player has made me want to leave the stadium before! Gram did on the weekend. To say he is coasting is putting it as lightly as possible.

I understand players play different roles, but collectively, don't you want a team that is hungry across the board?

How Gram can look Lenny Hayes in the eyes.... well.. i hope he doesn't.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

I haven't seen the team yet, did Gram get selected or was he dropped for all the reasons posted in this thread?

saintkev
Club Player

He's playing wing on Stanton and will get towelled up

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:I haven't seen the team yet, did Gram get selected or was he dropped for all the reasons posted in this thread?
Weve bought back Jones.....due to his recent great VFL performances................................. :?:

Good luck to him but dont look to selection as some sort of justification - could just as easily argue its us reverting back to the same old side.

Whats scares me a little this week - and I dont disagree with all the inclusions - but we reek of the same old forumla being tried over again.....for example, this view we MUST have 2 dedicated rucks? (Wilkes fwd Kosi to ruck).......why not face facts...and do something different by playing an extra runner and admitting our mids are gonna have to shark opposition ruck taps? (they do each week now anyway??)

Our midfield let us down deplorably last week - NO defensive pressure and have forgotten how to run deep to help defence out??? why not add another runner like a Leger type to help with improving defensive efforts???

Petrie was asked tonight about how Nths improved their footy...his response? "we started to do the little things as a team, tackle, chase, smother......."....in other words they showed some friggin desperation!!

Try a Dempster on a tag role for Watson - not Jones?

Whats that saying anout the sure signs of insanity? .....something about...."doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?"

“Yeah….nah””
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Whats that saying anout the sure signs of insanity? .....something about...."doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?"
Hahaha ! GOLD :)
I am so glad they kept my favourite player Gram, he apparently wins lots of contested footy (according to some folk here)
He is the absolute ROCK of the backline. We can't function without him. He is our version of Dustin Fletcher.
My prediction is bombers by at least 9 goals.
Scoreline will be 22 goals to less than 12.
We will be towelled up.
Lucky we have Linen House on board (do they sell towels?)
And Linen House just released the Gram range of pillows.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Nothing the same about the list this week Teflon.

Watters has done a fair bit different, some of the stuff I've criticised even, but different he has been.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
maverick wrote:I haven't seen the team yet, did Gram get selected or was he dropped for all the reasons posted in this thread?
Weve bought back Jones.....due to his recent great VFL performances................................. :?:

Good luck to him but dont look to selection as some sort of justification - could just as easily argue its us reverting back to the same old side.

Whats scares me a little this week - and I dont disagree with all the inclusions - but we reek of the same old forumla being tried over again.....for example, this view we MUST have 2 dedicated rucks? (Wilkes fwd Kosi to ruck).......why not face facts...and do something different by playing an extra runner and admitting our mids are gonna have to shark opposition ruck taps? (they do each week now anyway??)

Our midfield let us down deplorably last week - NO defensive pressure and have forgotten how to run deep to help defence out??? why not add another runner like a Leger type to help with improving defensive efforts???

Petrie was asked tonight about how Nths improved their footy...his response? "we started to do the little things as a team, tackle, chase, smother......."....in other words they showed some friggin desperation!!

Try a Dempster on a tag role for Watson - not Jones?

I agree dont look at selection for justification of players being picked. Better to look at the well formed arguments on here to pick certain players because no one here would dare go to the footy with preconceived ideas about certain players.

Why would Dempster, a backman in form go into the middle to tag a guy. Wouldnt that make our midfield even less effective and even worse make our already poor backline worse?