Will it be same old same old against Bombers??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Will it be same old same old against Bombers??

ssaintss wrote:i reckon dempster to watson
PLEASE NO!
that would be a cut up. watson would tear him a new one. and trust me his eyes would light up!
dempster is very good on small and medium fwds. lets understand his strengths and limitations please.
more likely id like to see him on monfries/crameri or maybe even davey/jetta.

but not in the mid and not on a tall fwd. this has been tried and failed on numerous occasions! (he is not a fwd either so dont get any ideas on that one).

paddy
Club Player

think it might be time to bring back the 2 taggers....

We have pretty solid attack this year, so cant hurt to take a couple out of the game....

Who normally takes jetta? I think he is gonna carve us up this year.... too fast

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:dempster is very good on small and medium fwds. lets understand his strengths and limitations please.
more likely id like to see him on monfries/crameri or maybe even davey/jetta.
neither monfries nor crameri are in the side. i reckon the other two are a touch quick for him.

i reckon he can do a job on jobe, with jones on stanton. probably too much stopping for one midfield but if it worked we'd have a shot.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Sad sacks...
Saints will win tomorrow.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Upset round?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Upset round?
Nup I refuse to get upset anymore, doesnt make me feel any better......

“Yeah….nah””
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Watson averages nearly thirty against everyone this year. Forty really is the worry - and he's a danger in front of goals now. In the past we've been happy to go head-to-head with him to negate Stanton. I don't think we can do that anymore. I think we have to send Jones to him. We probably have Steven play off against Stanton rather than a hard tag.

I can't see Dempster running a tag with our defensive problems. He's probably going to have to take Davey or Jetta, although I wonder if he might not be our best option for Ryder. I'm not sure Fisher or Simpkin can match Ryder for athleticism. It wouldn't shock me to see us try and get Fisher loose to help out in the aerial battles.

Fletcher is the big problem at the other end. If Wilkes draws him, he'll have to be sharp early, otherwise Fletcher will run off him all day making Roo and Kosi's job very difficult. I think it was Lynch that got demolished last time out although I have to agree - all the losses to the Bombers are starting to blend together.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:Watson averages nearly thirty against everyone this year. Forty really is the worry - and he's a danger in front of goals now. In the past we've been happy to go head-to-head with him to negate Stanton. I don't think we can do that anymore. I think we have to send Jones to him. We probably have Steven play off against Stanton rather than a hard tag.

I can't see Dempster running a tag with our defensive problems. He's probably going to have to take Davey or Jetta, although I wonder if he might not be our best option for Ryder. I'm not sure Fisher or Simpkin can match Ryder for athleticism. It wouldn't shock me to see us try and get Fisher loose to help out in the aerial battles.

Fletcher is the big problem at the other end. If Wilkes draws him, he'll have to be sharp early, otherwise Fletcher will run off him all day making Roo and Kosi's job very difficult. I think it was Lynch that got demolished last time out although I have to agree - all the losses to the Bombers are starting to blend together.
I think it was Gamble, Lynch was the year previous.

Watters could improve on that matchup easily.

ssaintss
Club Player

clints to small to play on watson

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
SainterK wrote:Upset round?
Nup I refuse to get upset anymore, doesnt make me feel any better......
Same here, not worth getting pissed of like I did when I was young, it doesn't bother me anymore , well most of the time it doesn't bother me

I love this club
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Let's all get around for a big group hug, and quit farking moaning woe is me for a week...

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:Having sat through enough of these now I cant help but wonder if we'll turn up and just roll over again?

This year the tables have been turned on us - Richmond and now Nth are 2 sides we've notoriously beaten up who have both said "enough is enough" and got us. Do we have enough mettle to do the same this week against a side that annually smacks us?

Will we see;

1. Jobe Watson rack up his avg 30+ against us?
2. Paddy Ryder play his 1 "break out" Saints game a year?
3. Saints fwd 50 entry continuously bomb it on to Roo's head........and watch coast to coast Bomber goals from deep out of our fwd 50?
4. Kosi leap for 3 or 4 pack marks, drop 3 and after half time be unsighted?
5. Fletcher being told hes a constant "genius" in how he picks off saints attacks....(with no mention of the dumb upfield saints players bombing it in)
6. Nick Dal Santo doing nothing against Bombers as Hocking shuts him down
7. Saints charging for goals at the 27th minute mark of the last while we are 47 pts down?
8. Saints fwd 50 unable to keep any pressure or lock the ball in?
9. McEvoy monstered out of the middle.
10. Jason Gram attempting to spoil while completely missing the ball/contest or man or unable to kill it on the last line?
11. Bombers run us off our feet?

More of the same?
No, I didn't see any of that.

Nark.

Saint supporter since '62