Jack Steven suspended for failing breath test

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack Steven suspended for failing breath test

plugger go to bed, you're just making a fool of yourself now.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Did I say Lappin was my mate, or did I say I played cricket against in about 2000/2001 when he was supposed to be a wild drinker... Which was it

Now let me count

A can of beer (375ml) = 1.5 standard drinks
8 cans would = approx 12 standard drinks
A Schooner (depending on state) refers to a 425ml beer or 2 standard drinks
TOTAL = 14 standard drinks...... 15 was a quick guesstimate

All in 3odd hrs..... Would render most people officially drunk.
So either you were drunk, or extremely tolerant or possibly speaking out your arse....
Considering 2 in the first hour and 1 every hour after puts most around .05

You're a machine, respect man!!

Hope you didn't drop the same names as Joey and Steve.... Might be an inquiry..... Another StK scandal, this time an official

A standard drink is 1.4 so that makes it 11.2 plus about 1.6 for the schooner. Gets it down to 12.8 which is nearly as close to 10 as 15. The only thing i am certain is I am telling the truth on what I drunk. Proud no. f****** idiot yes. Tolerant probably. 35 years of drinking may do that.
"A standard drink is 1.4" 1.4 what? A standard drink is a standard drink.

I did my calculation on 13 standard drinks and 90kg over 5 hours, still comes out at 0.15+, maybe your memory was impaired.

They tested me with a machine. i didnt know they were supposed to test people with a calculator. How lucky was I. Stop calling me a liar you old fool. Happy for you to call me a liar to my face. Are you up for it?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:He's supposed to be an elite athlete.

Can't see how getting heavily (for him to be .08 at 10am he was giving it a serious nudge the night before) on the p1ss mid-season is ideal or remotely acceptable when he has (had) a massive game to recover and prepare for.

If he wants to live like every other 22 year old then he can, elsewhere or in another profession.

I'm a bit bemused by the apologists.
Well said. I cant believe the people letting this guy off.

He stuffs up again and we have a seriel friggin offender on our hands and we just cant afford that after all the shyte weve been through in previous years, the constant jibes from the footy world bout the "same old saints" and he does this?

Wake up d!ckhead.

“Yeah….nah””
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I haven't drunk for 35 years, drive pissed and endanger people's lives., so I am a bit ordinary compared to some... Or take Heroin for that matter... Nice touch though, a bit over the top maybe... Even childish, maybe your a bit pissed again??

Maybe you need to worry how your travel.lling and not concern yourselves with others so much. And as someone said, maybe go to bed and think before you speak next time...

Never been beaten up (only by my older brother when we were competing) not lonely, perhaps I would hit the bottle if I was, some do that and unfortunately for you.... I am going alright in most areas...

Buckets
SS Life Member

Can the big noting please stop it's getting out of hand. If you want a pissing contest do it elsewhere.

Fact is the guy stuffed up. He now has to deal with a criminal charge because of it. Loss of licence and a fine and no doubt some form of court ordered rehab. That stigma around friends and family is not the easiest to deal with. I don't care if the club suspends him for 1 or 10 matches. FFS it's a sport. We are dealing with something that is criminal outside the jurisdiction of the AFL. The courts will deal with it and Jack will have to cop it sweet.

On a side note would really like to hear from those on here who are not scared to admit they have driven the next day after a night out on the booze. Because in most cases you would be doing the same thing unfortunately. It's amazing to think that many fall for the trap that is wake up feel fine and so automatically right to drive. But then again that would be admitting you have done something stupid in your life.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
You are an idiot. I had 8 cans of VB after our game from 4.30 till 7.30 and then one schooner. About 2 hours after i stopped drinking I was .069. Dont call me a liar idiot. It is 100% true. You are a fool. Apologise moron.
Over 3 litres of full strength beer over five hours and only 0.069, you are still talking crap unless you weigh about 160kgs.
please don't quote this offensive insulting poster....i have him on my foe list and therefore don't have to read the offensive crap he posts...unless someone quotes him....ask yourself this.....are any of us the richer from reading the post quoted by you above....no...of course not.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
You are an idiot. I had 8 cans of VB after our game from 4.30 till 7.30 and then one schooner. About 2 hours after i stopped drinking I was .069. Dont call me a liar idiot. It is 100% true. You are a fool. Apologise moron.
Over 3 litres of full strength beer over five hours and only 0.069, you are still talking crap unless you weigh about 160kgs.
please don't quote this offensive insulting poster....i have him on my foe list and therefore don't have to read the offensive crap he posts...unless someone quotes him....ask yourself this.....are any of us the richer from reading the post quoted by you above....no...of course not.....

You are a pathetic old man. Please mind your own business. At least most of the people I disagree with have the balls to have a discussion. I may disagree with BM and BS but they wouldnt be as pathetic as you and add me to their foe list. Well I hope not because I do find it quite interesting if a little annoying. Because you have no ability to accept people disagree with your crap opinions you add them to your foe list. I am richer for it. Hope someone quotes this just to show how lowly I regard you. Cleaner ffs old ffs rolling eyes.
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 10 Jul 2012 12:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote: He now has to deal with a criminal charge because of it...
Nope. He would need to be 0.15 or over for a conviction to be (potentially) recorded.

defacto
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:
Buckets wrote: He now has to deal with a criminal charge because of it...
Nope. He would need to be 0.15 or over for a conviction to be (potentially) recorded.
this is incorrect. it stays on your record. he will not be allowed into cannada

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:...he will not be allowed into cannada
Perhaps not, but he can visit Canada.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
please don't quote this offensive insulting poster....i have him on my foe list and therefore don't have to read the offensive crap he posts...unless someone quotes him....ask yourself this.....are any of us the richer from reading the post quoted by you above....no...of course not.....[/quote]

You are a pathetic old man. Please mind your own business. At least most of the people I disagree with have the balls to have a discussion. I may disagree with BM and BS but they wouldnt be as pathetic as you and add me to their foe list. Well I hope not because I do find it quite interesting if a little annoying. Because you have no ability to accept people disagree with your crap opinions you add them to your foe list. I am richer for it. Hope someone quotes this just to show how lowly I regard you. Cleaner ffs old ffs rolling eyes.[/quote]

Agree plugger. I thought that Stinger was not the foe list type. They are all soft.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

A kid earning 100k around a bunch of other blokes with the latest cars, haircuts and fashion...coupled with the most obvious women that date footballers for being footballers (mostly).

What do you expect?

These kids are going to stuff up and will continue to stuff up. Look at every club going around and all kids stuff up.

s*** happens and Jack Steven will mature like us all.

If I was 19/20 and earning 100k+ I would have gone completely off the rails. I think I am not alone either....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:A kid earning 100k around a bunch of other blokes with the latest cars, haircuts and fashion...coupled with the most obvious women that date footballers for being footballers (mostly).

What do you expect?

These kids are going to stuff up and will continue to stuff up. Look at every club going around and all kids stuff up.

s*** happens and Jack Steven will mature like us all.

If I was 19/20 and earning 100k+ I would have gone completely off the rails. I think I am not alone either....

The problem with that comment is you wouldnt be earning 100k if you went completely off the rails. By the time these guys are drafted they know every pitfall there is. About 95% of them dont stuff up. That leave around 5% to stuff up in various ways.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well he did when he was 19/20...now he is 22, and he still is.

felix
Club Player

We still love you saint jack warts and all .glad you didn drive at 3 am .

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Well he did when he was 19/20...now he is 22, and he still is.
Loss of license, a $5,000 fine, a 1 match suspension, bad media and public ridicule.

What's the penalty for calling in sick?

Silly boy :?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SainterK wrote:Well he did when he was 19/20...now he is 22, and he still is.
Loss of license, a $5,000 fine, a 1 match suspension, bad media and public ridicule.

What's the penalty for calling in sick?

Silly boy :?
If only the MRP handed down his sentence as he would have received a reduction due his previous unblemished driving record and also throw in a reduction for an early guilt plea which in the end would add up to a 0 game suspension and a $1000 fine and he would be free to drive

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

7 pages. Mostly old men arguing about how many beers they had or didnt have. Give it up already.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
Visit? Maybe. Work or study never - Fact. Same with Japan - Fact. UK too, I think. DUI is regarded very seriously in most nations where you might want to spend time if you were reasonably young and wanting to try living abroad for the experience. Work visas and working holiday visas are not available to people with drink driving offences on their record in those countries. And yes, .08 counts.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Last chance I reckon. If he's stupid enough to do it again he'll be shown the door.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Buckets
SS Life Member

samuraisaint wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
Visit? Maybe. Work or study never - Fact. Same with Japan - Fact. UK too, I think. DUI is regarded very seriously in most nations where you might want to spend time if you were reasonably young and wanting to try living abroad for the experience. Work visas and working holiday visas are not available to people with drink driving offences on their record in those countries. And yes, .08 counts.

My sister currently works in England and she lost her licence due to a BAC over .05, she lost her licence for 11 months. So I don't think that is the case.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Maybe she is a British citizen or has right of residence due to ancestry(patriality). It would not be a problem if that is the case.
Anyway, as I posted, I am not 100% sure about the UK, but I do know that Canada and Japan definitely won't give you a work/study/ working holiday visa with drink driving on your record. Of that I am sure.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Buckets
SS Life Member

samuraisaint wrote:Maybe she is a British citizen or has right of residence due to ancestry(patriality). It would not be a problem if that is the case.
Anyway, as I posted, I am not 100% sure about the UK, but I do know that Canada and Japan definitely won't give you a work/study/ working holiday visa with drink driving on your record. Of that I am sure.

Well you can scrub the Uk off the list :) my sister isn't a British citizen or anything like that, just a simple Aussie passport and visa.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Munga wrote:Last chance I reckon. If he's stupid enough to do it again he'll be shown the door.
I will be livid if that happens. I could not give two craps about Jack Steven being over the limit the morning after.

What I do give two craps about is how well he plays.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Maybe she is a British citizen or has right of residence due to ancestry(patriality). It would not be a problem if that is the case.
Don't know about this, he doesn't have a criminal record, it's a minor infringement, Canada seem to have an issue if you have had a huge reading, which 0.08 is not, not sure about Japan - have you tried and failed?

Not that he would need to work in Canada or Japan in the near future?

http://test.whpcanada.org.au/faq_admiss ... ibility_q5