No Fat Chicks - Saints in the papers again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

Re: No Fat Chicks - Saints in the papers again

SENsaintsational wrote:
Happened to have the radio on 3aw this morning from the Judd 'saga' last night, heard the chick interviewed, it/she sounded legit, but who cares? A young guy makes a crude and dumb remark about saving himself and no fat chicks to a mate, which is overheard, and Neil was nearly crying with her about how people are dying in hospitals because of body issues from comments like this....

Yep, feel sorry for the girl (who chose to approach and pester the players, whom she called in the interview 'nobodies'), the young guy was dumb (but they are), the donation and the jumper is fine.... but all the coverage is freaking ridiculous.
To be fair Mark, you can't possibly know whether she was pest or not.
Yep, but I did say she was pestering, not a pest... slight difference. And she's 21 ffs, asking people for a pic with them for a laugh, from a team she doesn't support or even know, in an airport lounge. She (claims to have) overheard a crude comment obviously not intended for her ears, maybe she should stay indoors if she doesn't want such vile and obviously deeply traumatic things to happen to her... or she could have just told the person to p1ss off then and there, rather than slander the whole team (or the tall players with brown hair at least) publicly. That the media is giving this any time at all is farcical and sad.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Wow, one of the worst posts I've ever read on here.
Oh come off it! The irony of your post is that this particular event, and by event I mean the media event, gets oxygen because of the comments like yours as well as all the other comments/posts in this thread. Our society loves it, we pay money for it, without controversy and outrage there is no event.

Like the majority of money making media events, and let's face it, the "fat chick story" is a money making event, there is little fact or clarity required in the detail of the story because money making media events don't need any of that. It is proven day after day.

We are soaking in it and it's entertaining, yes that is right, you are being entertained as you read this post, listen to callers on the talk-back or read articles and social media comments.

As far as the media machine is concerned this has nothing to do with fat chicks, it’s just the filler for today’s media cycle. All the media machine cares about is what makes you tick as a person and how you will react to a particular story. They need your reaction, in modern media they take your reaction and trade on it. You are actually contributing to a companies bottom line without even knowing it.

Here’s a question for you…I would like to know what Gina thinks about these type of stories. Do you think she would take offence to the characters in the fat chick story or do you think she's saying good job Mex Cooper.
Last edited by Cairnsman on Wed 18 Jul 2012 1:40pm, edited 3 times in total.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:you are being entertained as you read this post
A worthy candidate for a new signature....

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:you are being entertained as you read this post
A worthy candidate for a new signature....
I grant you copyright. Exploit it however you see fit.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Why should we be surprised that the media, opposition supporters and general public get worked up over this stuff when some of us are even prepared to beat up on our own?

Where’s the proof anything actually happened? Sorry, but “why would she say it; what has she got to gain”, is not proof; merely support for a particular viewpoint. Many people make false allegations every day, often for reasons only known to themselves.

And if something was said that wasn’t meant to be heard, then that’s just plain misfortunate. It happens all the time and it’s not simply a male vs female thing. I’ve heard some females say some particularly hurtful comments about males (not me of course :P ), whether that be in the workplace, or the pub, or at the footy etc. And sometimes those comments are heard by the victim. It can be very difficult for someone to be “switched on” to these sensitivities at all times.

I’ll wait and see what, if anything, develops but at this point of time it seems that either nothing happened or the girl has, unfortunately, overheard something not meant for her ears.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
SainterK wrote:Wow, one of the worst posts I've ever read on here.
Oh come off it! The irony of your post is that this particular event, and by event I mean the media event, gets oxygen because of the comments like yours as well as all the other comments/posts in this thread. Our society loves it, we pay money for it, without controversy and outrage there is no event.

Like the majority of money making media events, and let's face it, the "fat chick story" is a money making event, there is little fact or clarity required in the detail of the story because money making media events don't need any of that. It is proven day after day.

We are soaking in it and it's entertaining, yes that is right, you are being entertained as you read this post, listen to callers on the talk-back or read articles and social media comments.

As far as the media machine is concerned this has nothing to do with fat chicks, it’s just the filler for today’s media cycle. All the media machine cares about is what makes you tick as a person and how you will react to a particular story. They need your reaction, in modern media they take your reaction and trade on it. You are actually contributing to a companies bottom line without even knowing it.

Here’s a question for you…I would like to know what Gina thinks about these type of stories. Do you think she would take offence to the characters in the fat chick story or do you think she's saying good job Mex Cooper.
I thought SainterK was responding to Joffaboy's post? Not to the thread overall specifically?

Thanks Mark - now I know how to spell farcical. Got it wrong earlier!! Not sure on your comments about the 21yo girl but I do know age shouldn't be a contributing factor. My sister was just telling me how excited she was to see the players exiting the Gabba last Saturday night and she approached them too. She's 42 and I have no doubt was a pest!!!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

... sisters name 'n marital status ?
prospects , dreams and Sense of Silence appreciation skills ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
I thought SainterK was responding to Joffaboy's post? Not to the thread overall specifically?
Yep I realise that, I was responding to SainterKs response to JBs post.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:... sisters name 'n marital status ?
prospects , dreams and Sense of Silence appreciation skills ?
Sorry gaz, she's spoken for!!! Rabid Saints fan. Rabid.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:[Oh gee, where to start? I guess there are no other reasons why someone can be overweight without KFC? Shortsighted view and appalling post.
If you want to be simplistic about it then yes.

However from someone with personal experience and from the anecdotal information I have from people who work in obesity and diabetics, it is not the case.

The VAST majority of overweight people have made their own choices about lifestyle. Sure there are cases where personality disorders and other medical issues come in to it, but the fact is the vast majority are responsible for their obseity.

There is a type two diabeties epidemic in Australia caused by atrocious lifestyle choices. We are the second fattest country on earth behind the USA due to lifestyle choices.

Yes my post was harsh, but the and not directed at the obese in our society who suffer from mental, or physical disorders that prevent them from losing weight.

I also realise the huge issue body image is for females. Size 6 models is supposed to be the ideal they aspire to. An impossible target for most normal women with curves.

This particular person would not fall into that category. If you are able, you should get your weight down to a healthy level and avoid costing society millions in medical bills.

There is nobody to blame but yourself for being overweight in the majority of cases. Do the right thing by yourself and by the community and change your lifestyle.

This f@@k it, I'm fat attitude is seriously WRONG. It is unhealthy and bad, and I for one wont apologise for not sympathising with people who willfully refuse to do anything about their weight.

So i have mentioned the elephant in the room (absolutely no pun intended). This issue can be handled more delicately than my original post, sure, but i wont back away from the premis.

Sorry but it is true.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
asiu
Saintsational Legend

... maybe this is what the st kilda fat chick is learning !
chicky babes ALL look sexy in r, w 'n black.

she's just young 'n dumb , an to her misfortune it seems , missing the last bit.

Storm in a Z cup.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

A lot more delicately.

Anyway, define overweight?

Not meeting a definition of ideal to some, would be perfectly acceptable to others. If this is true, and the person is say a size 12-14, would you hold the same scorn?

Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

I feel the need to respond to this - I like to call myself a "reformed" fat chick because the simple fact is I used to be fat ( lost 65kg in 18 months) so I can see both sides - if the players did indeed say offensive remarks - its going to hurt I had plenty of people say things to me just walking down the street at different times - is it worthy of the media beat up in a word no.

If she takes body confidence issues so strongly really she should do something about her issues and not sit idly by thinking that things will change themselves.

On the other side if it was said it's un-called for by the players and I can only assume it was a few of the younger players and they need to learn to keep the thoughts inside the head and not let them come out the mouth ;)

Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

SainterK wrote:A lot more delicately.

Not meeting a definition of ideal to some, would be perfectly acceptable to others. If this is true, and the person is say a size 12-14, would you hold the same scorn?
I guess the world defines "overweight" as being above 25 on the BMI scale - having said that i'm a size 10 at 170cm tall and my BMI is just over 25 so I guess i'm still fat ;)

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: Anyway, define overweight?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I care not for any of this. That's all.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

saintdooley wrote:Image
No probs' there Dools'... everyone keeps telling us not to skip breakfast, as breakfast is the most important meal of the day... :idea:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
SainterK wrote: Anyway, define overweight?
At first look I thought I saw three arms (one holding herself by the waist).

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:

I guess the world defines "overweight" as being above 25 on the BMI scale - having said that i'm a size 10 at 170cm tall and my BMI is just over 25 so I guess i'm still fat ;)
BMI scale is worthless.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re-read my original post and it was very intolerant.

I am a reformed fat bloke still oh so slightly overweight however have lost 27 kgs since my heaviest. Mine was lifestyle - lack of exercise and a poor diet.

My definition is a healthy weight, one where your blood tests come back within acceptable limits, where your blood pressure is OK and you are not about to develop type two diabeties.

BMI is a bit misleading. Anyone over 25 on their scale is classed as obese. My BMI is 83kgs for a 25. I am 86kg so defined by that I am obese, however at 83kgs I look drawn and sick.

Body image is a huge issue for young women and an obsession in weight loss is just as unhealthy as being unhealthily overweight.

Chrissie Swan had an article in the papaer a couple of months back where she had basically given up on her weight. In such a young woman, I found that appalling. Her aggressiveness towards her "right" to be morbidly obsese was astonishing (and deluded). Its like smoking, you can do it if it only affects you. However because of our diabeties epidemic (diabeties causes a plethora of other horrible diseases as well BTW), it effects all of us and puts a tremendous health on the already overtaxed health system.

And besides, who doesn't want to look and feel better, and to live longer?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:I feel the need to respond to this - I like to call myself a "reformed" fat chick because the simple fact is I used to be fat ( lost 65kg in 18 months) so I can see both sides
What a fantastic effort M_S_S. I am sure your body thanks you for the strain you have taken off it.

Isn't it a pleasure to throw out all of those "fat" clothes?

However according to the BMI scale you are still obese (like me) :D :wink:

Lance or James??

TJMcCarthy
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote:the age proves yet again what a fall from grace it has had as a paper. Gutter journalism. One person's call to 3AW reported as fact??? Puuuuhhhhlllleeeaaassee.

I could call into 3AW now and claim that an afl player called me a p00f when i asked for an autograph.
Not a bad idea, just pick your least popular player from another club and make up some garbage for the media to swallow. It's the media that need to be pointed out here and made to look like the disreputable muck raking gossip mongers that they are.

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I couldnt give a stuff if it is true or not but some posts on here are pathetic. No one in my family is what i call fat, I am just overweight and my Daughter is probably the exact weight for her height but to criticize people for being fat is short sighted. Some have medical problems and some eat crap and some probably dont do enough exercise but maybe not all of them eat Maccas or crap food. I hope some who make a joke of this dont have children that are fat and get upset when they are called fat. And I also hope those who will be having children in the future make sure none of them are fat because I dont think it is a good look walking into a shop with your own children and saying can you move please pizza eating fatso.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I am just overweight

Fact or your opinion?

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:to criticize people for being fat is short sighted.
Why denigrate the short-sighted?