No Fat Chicks - Saints in the papers again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: No Fat Chicks - Saints in the papers again

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Phar Lap?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

hang on a minute
yesterday she wasnt a saints fan
now she is a saints fan with a scarf around her neck
knows that whoever said the comment was tall with chestnut hair, so obviously saw him
yet doesnt know the player??

piss off :roll:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Would have thought an positive ID might have been a crucial component of getting this whole vacuous tale past an editor.

Those were the days.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Maybe the fat bastards should stop eating KFC and go to Weight Watchers - AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR LIFESTYLES AND BODIES.

If they dont, they can't whinge about being fat bastards.
Oh gee, where to start? I guess there are no other reasons why someone can be overweight without KFC? Shortsighted view and appalling post.

charming isn't he.???...not...don't see why you would feel the need to re-quote such insensitive garbage

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

"

'Neil Mitchell says the player who hasn't come forward is an 'abject coward.
'

as opposed to being an "abject failure as a person"....like him....????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Anyone that read that article and didn't immediately dismiss it needs to give themselves an uppercut.

Anyone that read that article and responded with anything other than a p1ss-take or something even slightly humorous needs to give themselves an uppercut.

Anyone that read that article and didn't ask themselves, "what is an online reporter anyway?" needs to give themselves an uppercut.

Anyone that listens to Neil Mitchell needs to give themselves an uppercut

Anyone that started a thread with "Oh dear" in relation to that article needs to give themselves an uppercut

And to the idiots at the club that thought it was a good idea to give the stupid bitch a Saints jumper, you need to give yourself an uppercut.

But hey it at least made humpday bearable. Loved it!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:Anyone that read that article and didn't immediately dismiss it needs to give themselves an uppercut.

Anyone that read that article and responded with anything other than a p1ss-take or something even slightly humorous needs to give themselves an uppercut.

Anyone that read that article and didn't ask themselves, "what is an online reporter anyway?" needs to give themselves an uppercut.

Anyone that listens to Neil Mitchell needs to give themselves an uppercut

Anyone that started a thread with "Oh dear" in relation to that article needs to give themselves an uppercut

And to the idiots at the club that thought it was a good idea to give the stupid bitch a Saints jumper, you need to give yourself an uppercut.

But hey it at least made humpday bearable. Loved it!
And there was the poster that was ready to trade Jack Steven off to the bombers, in this or the other NFC thread, due to a fictitious tweet...

And what's with all the justifying obesity by all this 'we don't know why they are fat, maybe they're sick?!'

The vast majority of fat/obese people are so due to what they consume, and should bloody well do something about it... Same way that most in the community look down on smoking, excessive drinking etc, obesity is a sign of poor eating and not exercising, and should be called on it... For their own good, and their fat kids...

This is not a form of discrimination like, racism, gender, religious, sexual orientation etc for goodness sake...

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Ah, the good Dr. and Matrix never fail to impress

defacto
Club Player

matrix wrote:Image

cmon
we've all been there
cant make out if the person has chestnut hair

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Not that old chestnut :D
Last edited by 8856brother on Wed 18 Jul 2012 7:35pm, edited 2 times in total.

Saintsational Legend

Not that old chestnut :lol:

Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Image

cmon
we've all been there
'
is that the night club recently purchased by a collingwood player......

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
asiu
Saintsational Legend

where
when
who

how , I can figure out
but , why

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So was it Gram?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
defacto
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:So was it Gram?
are you kidding. involved some kind of confrontation with a largely built person. so gram would have been hiding in space/taking small carefully paced steps.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The girl is a size 8?

She struggles to explain the incident at the start of the interview... But the second half of the interview is flat chat on a rant.

sounds like a liar.

howlinwolf
Club Player

Spinner wrote:The girl is a size 8?

She struggles to explain the incident at the start of the interview... But the second half of the interview is flat chat on a rant.

sounds like a liar.
Yeah, also says she can fit into size 6 :shock: and takes offence to be called fat ?
And she has mental scars that will go on forever ?
She has mental scars but they ain't come about from what was said to her last weekend.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:The girl is a size 8?

sounds like a liar.

from yesterdays story- she 'overheard them say' they did not -speak to her.... or direct it to her...
alright not a kosher comment but could be from totally unrelated conversation they were having...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I must admit that I haven't read every post on this topic, but having heard first hand, several comments made by Derren Hinch and Neil Mitchell on 3AW, it seems the usual beat-up to me, with both of them trying to escalate the ignominy of what has occurred.

Not nice comments from the boys, but they were made amongst themselves - not "to" the person concerned. It is a beat-up by those who "chase ratings" for a living.

Isn't it about time that once again, the players show their disdain for beat-up reporting , by not giving interviews to 3AW? The AFL and the Club will not support this, but those at 3AW need to be held to account for their "anything for ratings" approach. Remember that their "pay" is derived from "ratings," not the relevance of their comments !! :x

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Junction Oval wrote:I must admit that I haven't read every post on this topic, but having heard first hand, several comments made by Derren Hinch and Neil Mitchell on 3AW, it seems the usual beat-up to me, with both of them trying to escalate the ignominy of what has occurred.

Not nice comments from the boys, but they were made amongst themselves - not "to" the person concerned. It is a beat-up by those who "chase ratings" for a living.

Isn't it about time that once again, the players show their disdain for beat-up reporting , by not giving interviews to 3AW? The AFL and the Club will not support this, but those at 3AW need to be held to account for their "anything for ratings" approach. Remember that their "pay" is derived from "ratings," not the relevance of their comments !! :x
AFL players hate having their photos taken with anyone regardless of the situation.

Whilst we will probably never know the full story, the ugliness of the girl probably played a part in it.

That being said...it is kind of funny.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I noticed that the ultra-professional organization known as Ch 7 showed footage of the saints training at Seaford as part of this story tonight. In the middle of the training group was Steven Baker. Either Bakes is making a comeback that no-one knows about OR Ch 7 are trying to fool us with (12month) OLD footage !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
And there was the poster that was ready to trade Jack Steven off to the bombers, in this or the other NFC thread, due to a fictitious tweet...

And what's with all the justifying obesity by all this 'we don't know why they are fat, maybe they're sick?!'

The vast majority of fat/obese people are so due to what they consume, and should bloody well do something about it... Same way that most in the community look down on smoking, excessive drinking etc, obesity is a sign of poor eating and not exercising, and should be called on it... For their own good, and their fat kids...

This is not a form of discrimination like, racism, gender, religious, sexual orientation etc for goodness sake...
Dear Mr / Mrs / Ms Sobraz

I do not usually involve myself in slanging matches on Saintsational. Hopefully this does not turn out to be one.

I write this only as a form of education to you and those that hold your views.

I grew up in the 1960s and the early part of the 1970s when parents had no idea about nutrition. As a result of a poor diet as a child and teen (when I was not in control of what I was eating) and a genetic propensity to be overweight, I ended up as an overweight adult, despite exercising throughout my childhood and playing underage footy from ages 9 to 17 and playing hockey to state squad level before giving it away at age 15.

Despite being overweight, I managed to play Amatuer Football (VAFA) in B and C Section for 6 years before a bad back (a prolapsed disc which still gives me trouble a few times a year) probably caused by a sickening footy collision and a knee reconstruction changed my priorities from football to business. During each of those football years I exercised religiously and exremely hard and kept my diet in check and at 6'3" tall (190cm) I weighed no less than 110kg. BMI says I should have been around 90kg at that age.

Today at 47 years of age, I work out 5 to 6 days a week. To give you an idea of my level of fitness.

Treadmill - running at level 9.0 for 30 minutes I can easily complete 4.5km

Treadmill Interval training - running for 2 minute intervals over 30 minutes at level 6.5 walk and level 10.5km run - I complete around 4.2km

Cross Trainer - again interval training for 2 minute intervals over 30 minutes at levels 9 (at a speed of 140) and then 16 (yes 16) at a speed of 160, I complete over 2km.

I can also out-row (in the gym) people half my age and weight. I don't do bike because (a) mylegs are already super strong and (b) it tends to inflame my back.

I can also probably lift the weight of most of the people on this forum either using my arms or legs.

My blood tests also prove I am healthier than healthy. Perfect across the board - at 47 YEARS OF AGE. I am tested in July each year.

So that you know what I eat ... it is 90% healthy food. No fried food. No butter or margarine. No mayo. No cheese. No 'junk' food. Good choices like brown rice. Yes of course like every normal human I will have a treat but I understand that treats are once or twice a week ... and I reserve those treats for social situations - when out with friends.

However, I am not just overweight. I am FAT. I have a 38 inch waist. I weigh ... wait for it ... 127KG.

Yes. 127KG

If at any time you would like to come and exercise next to me ... you would be MORE than welcome. I trust - given your statements you are super fit and will not lag behind.

FYI - 4.45pm Monday to Friday (daily) at Fitness First in St Kilda. On weekends I am either in St Kilda or the South Yarra Fitness First on either Saturday or Sunday at 11am.

Now as for my 'FAT KID':

He is aged 7 and a half.

130cm tall.

Weighs 28kg.

Not an ounce of fat on his whole body.

He has had McDonalds ONCE in his life - and even then it was the chicken wrap, milk and apple chips meal - because he really wanted the toy. He has never had KFC, Hungry Jacks, Red Rooster. He has however had Nandos and Grill'd and in all cases he makes healthy choices ... oh except ever child's weakness ... the chips! Which are OK as a treat.

He has weetbix for breakfast, the world's healthiest school lunch with no treats and for dinner a good mix of healthy meals with every meal finished with fruit and one small 'treat'.

He understands the concept and value of healthy eating and exercise. He plays footy (Auskick but begs me to let him join the under 9s), soccer, learns a martial art weekly, swims weekly ... as well as doing exceptionally well in his school work and arts like drama and music. He is a happy, healthy and a well balanced child.

My wife and I are very aware that my weight problem was created in my childhood eating.

We are very well read and researched on this topic.

We hope to give our son the very best start in life and what he then does as a teenager and an adult will be up to him.

It has been scientifically proven that the diet of a child in the formative years predetermines their adult weight range and there is very little that can be done to deviate that ... although surgical options are available, these have proven to be extremely dangerous. This is not an excuse. It is not a 'disease'. It is biology.

At my healthiest best I can expect to weight between 115kg and 120kg.

I shall always be a big guy ... or as the insensitive put it ...

FAT

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am only surmising.

Do you reckon she was trying to get to know them, like hi there, I'm Jane?

Rather than getting a photo for her friend....

There was no interest.

Hence why there is some 'conjecture' to the story?

philtee
Club Player

Oh Neil, first you make a fool of yourself with the Simon Overland debacle, and now this "he said, she said" beat-up
becomes your tabloid fodder, dragging St Kilda through the dirt with unproven and probably unprovable allegations.
Just three words for you Neil...P-O-Q.