What does it mean if we W or L v the Swans?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

What does it mean if we W or L v the Swans?

W = we are back in the Premiership Race, albeit with a handicap of not being Top 4 finisher.

L= racing to be in the 8, with still a big cloud on being a contender,

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Richter
SS Life Member

Re: What does it mean if we W or L v the Swans?

W= we have 9 wins, on 36 points, possibly move up to 7th
L= we still have 8 wins, on 32 points, drop out of the 8 (probably to 10th)

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Loss is no big deal. Still another 6 rounds to go. Will probably lose to the pies as well. I see the other 5 games as very winnable which would give us 13 wins and play finals definitely - probably finish as high as 6th with our % if we win that many.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

It's not the end of the world if we lose, but it would be a good one to win to possibly start off a roll and instil some fear into the teams above us.

I wouldn't even tell the players it's a must-win game as the desperation that ensues can often work against you.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

back in the premiership race?
i thought thats what we were in now?
sitting 8th n'all

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:back in the premiership race?
sitting 8th n'all
Ok, to be in the premiership race you have to finish top 4.

To finish top 4 I'd assume we would have to win our last 7, or 9 wins on the trot. Easy :lol:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
supersaints
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
sitting 8th n'all

To finish top 4 I'd assume we would have to win our last 7, or 9 wins on the trot. Easy :lol:
Historically it's a top flour sides that wins the flag. If any season should buck the trend it's this one. Right now theresonly one game separating the top six sides. It's the most open flag race ever. Could be won from anywhere this year. It's all about who hits peak form at the pointy end. We just gotta be in there and anything could happen.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
sitting 8th n'all

Historically it's a top flour sides that wins the flag. If any season should buck the trend it's this one. Right now theresonly one game separating the top six sides. It's the most open flag race ever. Could be won from anywhere this year. It's all about who hits peak form at the pointy end. We just gotta be in there and anything could happen.
It may be a fairly even year for the top 6 but the rest are a long way off. Also the advantage of the top 4 this year is even stronger than the last 4 or 5 years because there will most likely be a lot of interstate finals. We are probably only even money to make it. We cant win it IMO. One finals win would be a great effort and give us something positive leading into next season.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

You sometimes talk sense plugger. But not often.

There is a real risk of two interstate prelims, which is really bad for
The Victorian economy and the MCC, who make a fortune out of hosting prelims.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:Historically it's a top flour sides that wins the flag.
Hopefully we're self-raising :shock:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

premiership race?.....come on, get real.

what does it mean? if we win we are a good chance to stay in the 8

we we lose we are a good chance to not.

that is all.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:There is a real risk of two interstate prelims, which is really bad for
The Victorian economy...
the entire victorian economy? how much can a single preliminary final possibly bring in? 20k tourists for a couple of nights, each spending $1000 maybe, that's $20m. gdp of the state is about $300b. that's about 0.007% of gdp. i don't think the victorian economy will really notice one way or the other where the prelims are played.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Be sure damn nice to have it in the bank.

Would be awesomely handy.

We've played well against good teams this year....

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: To finish top 4 I'd assume we would have to win our last 7, or 9 wins on the trot. Easy :lol:
Historically it's a top flour sides that wins the flag. If any season should buck the trend it's this one. Right now theresonly one game separating the top six sides. It's the most open flag race ever. Could be won from anywhere this year. It's all about who hits peak form at the pointy end. We just gotta be in there and anything could happen.[/quote]

It may be a fairly even year for the top 6 but the rest are a long way off. Also the advantage of the top 4 this year is even stronger than the last 4 or 5 years because there will most likely be a lot of interstate finals. We are probably only even money to make it. We cant win it IMO. One finals win would be a great effort and give us something positive leading into next season.[/quote]

If not for close shaves in winnables, we'd be firmly in that 6 you speak of so if we win this week, I'd extend that 6 to 7.

We've played well against good sides this year, and beaten plenty.

I'm not convinced we are in the same league as the real fliers, but who knows. Weird year.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote: To finish top 4 I'd assume we would have to win our last 7, or 9 wins on the trot. Easy :lol:
It may be a fairly even year for the top 6 but the rest are a long way off. Also the advantage of the top 4 this year is even stronger than the last 4 or 5 years because there will most likely be a lot of interstate finals. We are probably only even money to make it. We cant win it IMO. One finals win would be a great effort and give us something positive leading into next season.[/quote]

If not for close shaves in winnables, we'd be firmly in that 6 you speak of so if we win this week, I'd extend that 6 to 7.

We've played well against good sides this year, and beaten plenty.

I'm not convinced we are in the same league as the real fliers, but who knows. Weird year.[/quote]

Havent we only beaten one side in the eight? And i am unsure how my name got on that quote not that it really matters.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I didn't say beat. You did.

I said 'been good'.

And besides it's relative.

We knocked off Carlton when they were red hot, remember.

Good against Hawks and Crows. Beat Sydney and Essendon.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
supersaints wrote:Historically it's a top flour sides that wins the flag.
Hopefully we're self-raising :shock:
Shouldn't any flour puns be in the Fat Chick thread? :? :shock: