Round 18 Team

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Round 18 Team

Bulldogs 
In: Jones, Dickson, Smith, Johannisen, Hargrave, Addison, Roughead
Out: Higgins, Austin, Cordy, Djerrkura

Saints
In: Ray, Ledger, Wilkes

Interchange: Ray, Ledger, Wilkes, Siposs, Schneider, Koschitzke, Dunell
Last edited by stkildathunda on Thu 26 Jul 2012 7:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Round 18 Team

Ray, Ledger and Wilkes in. No outs.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

stkildathunda wrote: Ledger
pretty sure this will get this thread rolling...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

You would think only Schneider is certain from those bench players. Would they have the guts to drop Kosi. I think he is safe because we have no one else who could really ruck and lets face it if he cant get a kick a few this week then it could be over for him. Tell me we havent signed him to a new contract?
Last edited by plugger66 on Thu 26 Jul 2012 7:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

very interesting Kosi on the bench. it could be because he was a useless sausage last week.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I still think no change.

The day Liam Jones learns some composure, he is going to kick a bag...hopefully not this week.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Ray should come in I can't understand why he was dropped after the Brissy game unless injured. I think it's time to drop Kosi and see how we go with one ruck and Wilkes up forward.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I think he is safe because we have no one else who could really ruck
They have also brought in Roughead this week, together with Minson...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I think he is safe because we have no one else who could really ruck
They have also brought in Roughead this week, together with Minson...
Well i would drop Kosi and ruck Roughead then.

St Lenny
Club Player

I dont think he will be dropped. But he is on notice.

noob
Club Player

Surely any other player could make a decent contest in the ruck without having Kosi in the team. If he has no awareness as a forward how will he have any tapping it to one our players?

Austinnn
Club Player

Unless they are going to push some of our mids into attack, I don't think you can afford to drop Sippos AND Schneider. Kosi stays in for the ruck. Ledger is less versatile than Dunell but it might be time to see what he can do for us. However, going on Watters style so far, I'd be surprised to see Sam dropped after only 2 games. Depends how dangerous we think the Bulldog mids can be.

Int: Kosi, Schneider, Ray, Ledger/Dunell

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

On Heraldsun website - Dunnell, Kosi and Wilkes are listed as the emergencies - obviously though this is not finalised

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:On Heraldsun website - Dunnell, Kosi and Wilkes are listed as the emergencies - obviously though this is not finalised
Mustn't be right, because you'd think one of Kos or Wilkes would be in?

hAyES
Club Player

We haven't even announced the team so there's no way a silly newspaper would know the final team.

To the top
SS Life Member

I am not too sure why Koschitzke is copping the flack from last week.

Given the abysmal disposal going inside 50 and our continual habit of kicking to the spare Sydney players dropped back, I thought that Koschitzke presented as well as could be expected.

Remember, in a very, very defensive game with numbers back (the whole 36 players normally) he was our only target when we cared to put the pill into proximity.

He put on a very good block to make room for Saad to control the ball and goal, should have had 2 both from being hit up on the lead (the only times he was), bought the ball to ground against numbers when it was within reach and rucked effectively.

The slippery surface, the variable wind which gusted over the construction site and our disposal which was woeful all conspired to make it a most difficult day for all of our forwards - except for Milne in the first and then in the last when he got a few touches but even he was unsighted in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Mind you, in the second quarter the ball hardly went into our forward line, so that needs to be taken to account also.

Montagna did well including with the contested ball and clearances, Jones did well, Fisher, Simpkin and Dempster did well and Milne kicked goals in the first and the last but was unsighted otherwise.

Armitage and Steven both tried and Hayes lifted in the last.

Missing in action were Dal Santo, Goddard and the captain (making allowances for a knee complaint but he was MIA and more significantly so than Koschitzke) plus a raft of our lesser lights who just could not impose against weight of numbers and weight of bodies.

We relied on too few and we lost for that reason - we just ran out of numbers after we got back to 4 points very late and were in with a very real chance.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I wonder whether Kosi will be the sub. Or will Wilkes be the sub, and he comes on when Kosi comes off to wear the maillot rouge
(oops still in Tour de France mode)
I like Kosi, and I really don't like people bagging our players.
But why did they pick Gram again ? Has he blackmailed some of the match committee or something?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
noddy04
Club Player

To the top wrote:I am not too sure why Koschitzke is copping the flack from last week.

Given the abysmal disposal going inside 50 and our continual habit of kicking to the spare Sydney players dropped back, I thought that Koschitzke presented as well as could be expected.

Remember, in a very, very defensive game with numbers back (the whole 36 players normally) he was our only target when we cared to put the pill into proximity.

He put on a very good block to make room for Saad to control the ball and goal, should have had 2 both from being hit up on the lead (the only times he was), bought the ball to ground against numbers when it was within reach and rucked effectively.

The slippery surface, the variable wind which gusted over the construction site and our disposal which was woeful all conspired to make it a most difficult day for all of our forwards - except for Milne in the first and then in the last when he got a few touches but even he was unsighted in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Mind you, in the second quarter the ball hardly went into our forward line, so that needs to be taken to account also.

Montagna did well including with the contested ball and clearances, Jones did well, Fisher, Simpkin and Dempster did well and Milne kicked goals in the first and the last but was unsighted otherwise.

Missing in action were Dal Santo, Goddard and the captain (making allowances for a knee complaint but he was MIA and more significantly so than Koschitzke) plus a raft of our lesser lights who just could not impose against weight of numbers and weight of bodies.

We relied on too few and we lost for that reason - we just ran out of numbers after we got back to 4 points very late and were in with a very real chance.

Great post To the top

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I don't think he should be dropped.

I agree he was always pushing back deep.

For some reason though, they are not kicking it to him, even though he is our best contested mark...and 6th best contested mark in the league.

I wish I had the stats for inside 50 targets still, I reckon the boys have slowly reverted back to a predictable pattern.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

good point about Kosi being a good option, Rooey appears to usually have 2-3 defenders chasing him, and he leads wide, so why can't our blokes give it to Kosi, who would obviously be free, and probably in the corridor ?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
philtee
Club Player

Maillot rouge!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Usually in the corridor and deep, if the mids could just try to kick it goal side of Kosi...please.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Re: Round 18 Team - Final

B: Geary, Gwilt, Simpkin
HB: Dempster, Fisher, Gram
C: Dal Santo, Jones, Goddard
HF: Saad, Riewoldt, Armitage
F: Milne, Gilbert, Steven

Foll: McEvoy, Hayes, Montagna

Int: Siposs, Schneider, Koschitze, Dunell

Emg: Ledger, Ray, Wilkes

Unchanged.

Milestone: Goddard 200 games

Don't know why they name Gilbert at FF, think Kosi stays in to share the ruckwork. Ray maybe gets a game against his former side - WB media darlings.....
Hope the Interchange is Ray, Kosi, Wilkes and Ledger - not banking on it though - edit: I didn't get what I wanted... :wink:
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Fri 27 Jul 2012 5:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hold your ground :shock:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:I am not too sure why Koschitzke is copping the flack from last week.

So what did you think of Milney's performance last week?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Middo
Club Player

Bulldogs forward line looks scarey ........ :roll: :roll:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!