Round 18 Team

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 18 Team

noob wrote:Only reason Milne went missing in the 2nd and part of 3rd is because the ball never went in our forward line. No we don't have a key forward to develop. Will probably have a forward line like the bulldogs in a few years time with a ruckman(stanley) being a focal point and not having any decent size forwards for the future.

I think we will look at Stanley as a KPP in the future, fast and athletic and can take a forward post a little like Walker and Tippett for the Crows. Very hard to match up on a 2 meter tall athlete with pace and good leap. Get some second tier for a back up if BM goes down even like an Angus Graham type. Buddy Franklins don't come along every day.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Instead of letting Siposs play and get experience, he gets dropped, and they leave in underachievers like Gram.
unbelievable.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
noob wrote:Only reason Milne went missing in the 2nd and part of 3rd is because the ball never went in our forward line. No we don't have a key forward to develop. Will probably have a forward line like the bulldogs in a few years time with a ruckman(stanley) being a focal point and not having any decent size forwards for the future.

I think we will look at Stanley as a KPP in the future, fast and athletic and can take a forward post a little like Walker and Tippett for the Crows. Very hard to match up on a 2 meter tall athlete with pace and good leap. Get some second tier for a back up if BM goes down even like an Angus Graham type. Buddy Franklins don't come along every day.
Agree with this. I don't think it's ideal to play him in the ruck too often. I'd like to see us target a second ruck to give McEvoy a chop out and Stanley play permanent forward when Roo and Kosi retire.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Do we have another key forward to develop?

I think Bj could do that rather than being a highly-paid, highly-skilled half back flanker. There's also Siposs and maybe Stanley.

Siposs out, Wilkes in is puzzling. You can only assume it goes on seniority.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Instead of letting Siposs play and get experience, he gets dropped, and they leave in underachievers like Gram.
unbelievable.
bigcarl wrote:Siposs out, Wilkes in is puzzling. You can only assume it goes on seniority.
for f***'s sake, are you two both dense? it's not "puzzling" or "unbelievable". it's about team structure. they brought in a forward so they had to drop a forward. siposs was playing in essentially wilkes's role and has been the least productive so he was the logical exclusion.

i wouldn't be surprised to see siposs back in for saad next week, but he won't come in for gram because they play completely different roles.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I really liked the three talls.

Wilkes in the ruck meant Kosi and Roo could stay where they are most dangerous, and he and Ben could rest forward.

Good preperation for Pies, Jolly v Ben, Wilkes v Dawes?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I really liked the three talls.

Wilkes in the ruck meant Kosi and Roo could stay where they are most dangerous, and he and Ben could rest forward.
i didn't mind it, but certainly if wilkes is going to have a spot on the list then he absolutely needs to be flexible enough to go into the ruck, if the backline isn't an option (and it doesn't appear to be).

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
SainterK wrote:I really liked the three talls.

i didn't mind it, but certainly if wilkes is going to have a spot on the list then he absolutely needs to be flexible enough to go into the ruck, if the backline isn't an option (and it doesn't appear to be).
Not saying it's a long term fix, but Blake and Stanley remain on the sidelines awhile yet and I think Scott realises Roo and Kos need to be forward....striking fear into opposition defences.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I know it wont be popular but Kosi and Wilkes were very ordinary when the game was at least slightly close. I saw nothing today to suggest either are playing even slightly well.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well you should watch the game with two eyes open then.

Bulldogs kicked 1 goal in 3 quarters of footy, so are you saying they had a poor half a first quarter?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I know it wont be popular but Kosi and Wilkes were very ordinary when the game was at least slightly close. I saw nothing today to suggest either are playing even slightly well.
Kosi ahead because he has better skills !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

defacto
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:I know it wont be popular but Kosi and Wilkes were very ordinary when the game was at least slightly close. I saw nothing today to suggest either are playing even slightly well.
i agree.