Breaking News, man injures shoulder and cries

But nobody cares

Re: Breaking News, man injures shoulder and cries

kosifantutti wrote:But nobody cares
wait, shouldn't the entire competition be laughing at him like they did with riewoldt?

NextYear

Yes, lets all bring ouselves down to level we took offence at when Riewoldt has his shoulder done over by Brisbane.

NextYear wrote:Yes, lets all bring ouselves down to level we took offence at when Riewoldt has his shoulder done over by Brisbane.
Not sure that was the point. It's the irony of the carry on that occurred when Riewoldt did his shoulder 7 years ago. People called him a sook and a cry baby. When Cross does it, a renound and respected tough player who has rarely if ever caused a ripple in the AFL community, barely a whisper from anyone....

Ppl would tell me that Roo was crying because of the pain. I used to laugh and tell them that AFL footballers would be accustomed to pain as they received dozens of serious injuries throughout their career. The tears are of disappointment. Cross is no more a sook than Riewoldt was. In my opinion neither are. For some reason this injury caused Cross massive disappointment, just as Roo's did 7 years ago after he had just been announced Captain.

NextYear wrote:Yes, lets all bring ouselves down to level we took offence at when Riewoldt has his shoulder done over by Brisbane.
Not sure that was the point. It's the irony of the carry on that occurred when Riewoldt did his shoulder 7 years ago. People called him a sook and a cry baby. When Cross does it, a renound and respected tough player who has rarely if ever caused a ripple in the AFL community, barely a whisper from anyone....

Ppl would tell me that Roo was crying because of the pain. I used to laugh and tell them that AFL footballers would be accustomed to pain as they received dozens of serious injuries throughout their career. The tears are of disappointment. Cross is no more a sook than Riewoldt was. In my opinion neither are. For some reason this injury caused Cross massive disappointment, just as Roo's did 7 years ago after he had just been announced Captain.
When I saw it I thought the exact same thing... petty, but its relevant.

Any Saints fan who mocks this is a hypocrite of the highest order

There's a suggestion going around that this is Cross's last year. If so, this injury may have meant it was his last game yesterday - understandable that he would be emotional bowing out like that.

saint66au wrote:Any Saints fan who mocks this is a hypocrite of the highest order
Anyone who mocks this is just an idiot. Three games short of his 200th, his season is most likely over, and perhaps even his career.

Plus 1! Injuries never discriminate and can happen to any side. I saw Lenny Hayes go under a pack at one stage yesterday and I was holding my breath until he got up and went back into the fray. I can still remember with bitterness those "backstuds" at Optus Schithole cheering when a young Brett Voss was injured playing against them. I thought it to be a gutless response then...and I still do. If I hear a Saints "supporter" doing a similar thing I have nothing but disgust for them.

Very pathetic thread really. It's really sad if this is the way Cross ends his career. I hope it's not.

saint66au wrote:Any Saints fan who mocks this is a hypocrite of the highest order
Pretty obviously mocking the treatment that Nick received.

yeah, i don't think anyone's mocking it - simply making the point that everyone's ignoring it compared to the treatment riewoldt got.

Cairnsman wrote:Very pathetic thread really. It's really sad if this is the way Cross ends his career. I hope it's not.
don't think anyones gloating or mocking Cross

So sad, it's probably career over.

If only some of the other Dogs had that passion for the jumper.

I think he was weeping after hearing the flogs in the commentary box talking s*** about an accidental injury in a tackle.

Was it due to Wilkes sling tackle?

If so, it's severe impact and will be a one week suspension IMO.

..yea, my thoughts too....

perfectionist wrote:
Anyone who mocks this is just an idiot. Three games short of his 200th, his season is most likely over, and perhaps even his career.
yep...sad really...a very crude takle too....

This is hilarious.
What a reaction to a quite clear OP.
Where did the OP call Cross a sook? Whose mocking Cross, the only mocking is to oppostion supporters and most importantly...THE MEDIA.
The first I heard he was emotional was this thread.
Does anyone read threads anymore?

stinger wrote:a very crude takle too....
No...It wasn't.

Wilkes grabbed Cross in a bear-hug tackle and, in the one motion, rolled him in an attempt to not give a way a free for in the back. According to the umpire, he failed...But I disagree with the umpires call on this. Cross actually lands on the point of his shoulder and his back. There is no way that Wilkes could have been in his back.
Don't believe me...make up your own mind...
Watch the video...http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Not a sling tackle or two actions and the ball was still in Cross' possession until the impact with the ground knocked it out.

It's a pity that his shoulder was hurt and that his season is over but these things happen in footy. Ask Gary Rohan and the countless players that have impact related injuries this season caused by just playing the game.

Perfect tackle & exactly the way I like our players to attack the opponent defensively.

maverick wrote:This is hilarious.
What a reaction to a quite clear OP.
Where did the OP call Cross a sook? Whose mocking Cross, the only mocking is to oppostion supporters and most importantly...THE MEDIA.
The first I heard he was emotional was this thread.
Does anyone read threads anymore?
:lol: :lol: Completely agree. I haven't read one post where anyone has mocked him, just explaining what has happened.

Life Long Saint wrote:
No...It wasn't.

Wilkes grabbed Cross in a bear-hug tackle and, in the one motion, rolled him in an attempt to not give a way a free for in the back. According to the umpire, he failed...But I disagree with the umpires call on this. Cross actually lands on the point of his shoulder and his back. There is no way that Wilkes could have been in his back.

Not a sling tackle or two actions and the ball was still in Cross' possession until the impact with the ground knocked it out.

It's a pity that his shoulder was hurt and that his season is over but these things happen in footy. Ask Gary Rohan and the countless players that have impact related injuries this season caused by just playing the game.
It was a crude tackle. You just dont think it is because it was a Saints player who did the tackle. He pinned the arms and drove him straight into the ground.

clarky449 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
No...It wasn't.

It was a crude tackle. You just dont think it is because it was a Saints player who did the tackle. He pinned the arms and drove him straight into the ground.

Yep think he is gone also.

Well can someone explain what else he should have done. The injury was caused by Cross's momentum. He was running fwds with the ball and was tackled from behind. It was Wilke's only option. The tackle wasn't designed to hurt him. He executed it perfectly from where I could see (the TV lounge 8-) ) He wrapped him up and the momentun brought them fwd. Wilkes made EVERY effort to turn him side on rather than face plant him.

It's got to a point that as soon as a player injures themsleves through some sort of contact, they have something to worry about. It's a full body contact sport FFS! Injuries have to occur when very fast, heavily muscled men in the prime of their lives collide into each other. It actually should have been a free to Wilkes if anything.

What was crude about the tackle other than the outcome? What did he do that was illegal, or even outside the spirit of the game?