Current H Sun predictor

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Current H Sun predictor

MATT WINDLEY'S PREDICTED LADDER

1. Adelaide 18-4
2. Hawthorn 17-5
3. Sydney 17-5
4. Collingwood 17-5
5. West Coast 16-6
6. North Melbourne 14-8
7. Geelong 14-8
8. Essendon 13-9
----------------
9. Fremantle 12-10
10. Carlton 12-10
11. St Kilda 11-11
12. Richmond 10-12
13. Brisbane Lions 9-13
14. Port Adelaide 6-16
15. Western Bulldogs 5-17
16. Melbourne 4-18
17. Gold Coast 2-20
18. Greater Western Sydney 1-21

We need a lot of things to go right.

saint4life
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Current H Sun predictor

He seems to have everything going wrong for us. Losing all three of Collingwood Geelong Carlton. We really need to win two of those plus the other two. Not that much of a stretch.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
chook23
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:He seems to have everything going wrong for us. Losing all three of Collingwood Geelong Carlton. We really need to win two of those plus the other two. Not that much of a stretch.

given our ability to string wins together this year.................4 out 5 wins is a stretch.

saint4life
chook23
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:He seems to have everything going wrong for us. Losing all three of Collingwood Geelong Carlton. We really need to win two of those plus the other two. Not that much of a stretch.

given our ability to string wins together this year.................4 out 5 wins is a stretch.

Carlton could be close to full strength by that last game....simpson/walker/waite/robinson and judd back

saint4life
Sobraz
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote: Carlton could be close to full strength by that last game....simpson/walker/waite/robinson and judd back
So pretty much the same as when we belted them last time?!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

At Etihad we are at least a 50% chance against Carlton. Ladder predictors are a waste of time.

How is this geeza going in the tipping this year?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I still don't buy Adel and Nth as that strong teams....

“Yeah….nah””
paddy
Club Player

i saw that, I reckon we will get up over carlton in R23, but if we dont win one of Cats, or Pies... we are out anyway...

Out of the draw i think that nth are a definite to make it (easy run home), its just the Dons and the Dockers that might give way for us....

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
chook23 wrote: Carlton could be close to full strength by that last game....simpson/walker/waite/robinson and judd back
So pretty much the same as when we belted them last time?!
I thought we did that to swans first time around!!

saint4life
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

We're a better side than 11th - I think we are more like a 6th or 7th - but hope as I might I can't see us winning all that we need to to make an impression.

You have to win the close ones, especially with the draw so horribly crooked (and frankly ours has been pretty kind beyond the 6 day turnaround stretch).

We've made a habit of dropping winnables this season. e.g. Freo, Port, Richmond. Burns you badly in end.

Freo don't have the easiest gallop home, so they might collapse. Same with Bummers and Cats. Still, hoping for other teams to trip over has always been a futile exercise.

Frankly, it's all on the line this weekend.

Win and who knows, lose and it all goes to porridge thereafter IMO.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I still don't buy Adel and Nth as that strong teams....
I think North is a form team, but I don't think their gameplan is strong....someone will work it out.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Hmmm

Could see the Bombers losing every game and ending with 11 wins. The Tigers and Blues games the only two I give them a chance in, so anywhere from 11-13 wins. They've been thumped by 11+ goals in 3/4 last games. There's another spot that opens up in the 8 IMO.

Geelong still not cert. either. They have 3 make or break games against the Hawks, us and then the Swines in round 23. They will likely finish with 12-13 wins IMO.

Freo are a bit of a dark horse. Games against North and WC are their make or break games. They'll win between 12-14 IMO.

The HS seems to have picked us to lose all our make or break games against the Pies, Blues and Cats. We'll win 11-14 IMO. With our percentage 12 will prolly get us in, 13 likely a home final finishing 6th.

North are cert. for the finals and the Blues have left the run a bit late and have a toughish draw IMO.

We've definitely made it tough for ourselves and it's hard to see us win 4/5 so 12 may be our best bet and hope that a few sides fall over.
Last edited by Old Mate on Wed 01 Aug 2012 12:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Hmmm

Could see the Bombers losing every game and ending with 11 wins. The Tigers and Blues games the only two I give them a chance in, so anywhere from 11-13 wins. They've been thumped by 11+ goals in 3/4 last games. There's another spot that opens up in the 8 IMO.

Geelong still not cert. either. They have 3 make or break games against the Hawks, us and then the Swines in round 23. They will likely finish with 12-13 wins IMO.

Freo are a bit of a dark horse. Games against North and WC are their make or break games. They'll win between 12-14 IMO.

The HS seems to have picked us to lose all our make or break games against the Pies, Blues and Cats. We'll win 11-14 IMO. With our percentage 12 will prolly get us in, 13 likely a home final finishing 6th.

North are cert. for the finals and the Blues have left the run a bit late and have a toughish draw IMO.

We've definitely made it tough for ourselves and it's hard to see us win 5/6 so 12 may be our best bet and hope that a few sides fall over.
On your page.

12 and percent may do it, but it's lap of gods stuff from here really...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Hmmm

We've definitely made it tough for ourselves and it's hard to see us win 5/6 so 12 may be our best bet and hope that a few sides fall over.
On your page.

12 and percent may do it, but it's lap of gods stuff from here really...
I just realised that I made a mistake. We've only got 5 games left so we'll need to win 4/5 to end with 13 wins. 3/5 we should at least do with games against Melb and GWS, then win one of the Pies, Cats and Blues games. Given our good form against top sides we should be in with a chance to win them all....If we kick straight. Going to be tough tho.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Geelong were never out of contention.

Blues are the ones who's 'resurgence' could be most damaging to us.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

if we cant win 2 of pies/cats/blues we are just not quite good enough.

if we win saturday night then we can start getting pumped about our footy. loss and we are just kidding ourselves fiddling around with 'mathematical possibilities'

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Geelong were never out of contention.

Blues are the ones who's 'resurgence' could be most damaging to us.
How have the Cats gone against teams above them on the ladder and how many wins have they had interstate (not counting GWS and GC)? I know they beat the Crows at Skilled last weekend....And Hawthorn early in the season.

Agree regarding the Blues. It may be an 'Elimination Final' come round 23.

jays
Club Player

very true

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
I think North is a form team, but I don't think their gameplan is strong....someone will work it out.

What is their game plan?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

What is their game plan?
Admittedly I don't know the specifics, but it does involve a lot of handballing chains

Very open, very attacking....I reckon someone will work it out.