Game Day Ch 7 ..the bias continues!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ACTSAINTER
Club Player

Game Day Ch 7 ..the bias continues!

MAde sure I got back from shopping in time to see what was said about last nights game and see what others are saying about it instead of what is going around on this forum, and guage others opinions.
WRONG, who is reporting on the game? Nic Maxwell! Who is the guest player? Chris Tarrant! and all the others on the show bowing and scraping to Nic Maxwells opinion. FAIL!!

So whats been said around town, SEN talkback etc?? Interested to see what Robbo says on 360 Monday ( definitley will NOT watch On the Couch while the Ross Lyon apologist is in residence)

"Oh I do love to be beside the sea side..........................................."
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Game Day Ch 7 ..the bias continues!

ACTSAINTER wrote:MAde sure I got back from shopping in time to see what was said about last nights game and see what others are saying about it instead of what is going around on this forum, and guage others opinions.
WRONG, who is reporting on the game? Nic Maxwell! Who is the guest player? Chris Tarrant! and all the others on the show bowing and scraping to Nic Maxwells opinion. FAIL!!

So whats been said around town, SEN talkback etc?? Interested to see what Robbo says on 360 Monday ( definitley will NOT watch On the Couch while the Ross Lyon apologist is in residence)

SEN Finey even had to stick up for Milne when a Pies supporter said Milne did the lowest act he's ever witnessed on a footy field in kicking jolly? WTF even lower than stomping a player on the ground which i can't remember was Brown or Reid.

Stupid people out there, Finey is pretty much blaming polo and CJ not the umpires.

ACTSAINTER
Club Player

I am yet to see a comment on how St Kilda was a dubious free kick away of a draw with the all conquering filth! Did the Saints play well or not? From what I saw they certainly did.

"Oh I do love to be beside the sea side..........................................."
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Finey pretty much took the Watters approach. He is not in a position to get on air and bleet about it..

Can't take any opinion on channel 7 seriously. They are all AFL spokesman paid puppets

Nothing will happen, the club will shut up shop and cop it in the rear like they have forever. Why would they want to evoke any passion or emotion for it's boring image....much rather pull up from it's spiritual home,and move out to the windswept industrial estate of Cribb Point,where we are fading away to irrelevance

Bring back the Lockett era
ACTSAINTER
Club Player

Sort of remember the absolute howls of injustice when a dubious free kick in the oppositions goalsquare was paid against a Carlton player for holding the ball and he didnt even have it!! The Geisch agreed it was a wrong decision. I await with trepidation as to the squirming explanation of the Milne decieion.

God_Nel
Club Player

Rest assured, if it were Collingwood in this situation, we would never hear the end of it.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

ACTSAINTER wrote:Sort of remember the absolute howls of injustice when a dubious free kick in the oppositions goalsquare was paid against a Carlton player for holding the ball and he didnt even have it!! The Geisch agreed it was a wrong decision. I await with trepidation as to the squirming explanation of the Milne decieion.

It happened last night too when a Saints player lost the ball and was paid as holding the ball. The Giesh often admits one mistake that didn't directly impact then says every other decision was %100 correct.

ACTSAINTER
Club Player

gringo wrote:
ACTSAINTER wrote:Sort of remember the absolute howls of injustice when a dubious free kick in the oppositions goalsquare was paid against a Carlton player for holding the ball and he didnt even have it!! The Geisch agreed it was a wrong decision. I await with trepidation as to the squirming explanation of the Milne decieion.

It happened last night too when a Saints player lost the ball and was paid as holding the ball. The Giesh often admits one mistake that didn't directly impact then says every other decision was %100 correct.

Not going to be able to get away with much on this one, it WAS wrong and it DID influence the outcome of the game

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

God_Nel wrote:Rest assured, if it were Collingwood in this situation, we would never hear the end of it.
Don't worry, we heard aaaaaalll about it in the last thirty seconds as if they'd had been robbed by the umps.

BTW I finally worked the Filth supporters main flaw-they have no sense of humour, none at all, must be part of the CHC birthright to lose any kind of sense of humour- everytime they started booing the umps, my fellow supporter would say "what are they booing about now?" and my retort was alone the lines of "well, I've just completed a course of interpreting 'boo-speak' and this was you-won't-give-us-a-free-kick-you-f-umpires-because-just-because"

No humour in their response.

ACTSAINTER
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:
God_Nel wrote:Rest assured, if it were Collingwood in this situation, we would never hear the end of it.
Don't worry, we heard aaaaaalll about it in the last thirty seconds as if they'd had been robbed by the umps.

BTW I finally worked the Filth supporters main flaw-they have no sense of humour, none at all, must be part of the CHC birthright to lose any kind of sense of humour- everytime they started booing the umps, my fellow supporter would say "what are they booing about now?" and my retort was alone the lines of "well, I've just completed a course of interpreting 'boo-speak' and this was you-won't-give-us-a-free-kick-you-f-umpires-because-just-because"

Ah filth supporters no SOH and and mistaken that just because their team wins that their opinions matter!!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:

There are some decent filth supporters out there who are very embarrassed with the behviour of some of their supporters.

I agree with you that a lot of them have no sense of humor. After the drawn GF, I bumped into a filth supporter in a city bar and made light of the game when I said, "great game, see you next week". He wanted to have a go. Also, their treatment of Steven Milne is a disgrace.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
felix
Club Player

Abc radio says pies did their best to try and lose it ,seemed to be in control most of the game .. Said their shouldn't have been a free to harry 0 . NO mention that the umpires cheated or the AFL conspires aginst us time after time. So no matter how much we complain on here no one outside the supporters give a stuff.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:

There are some decent filth supporters out there who are very embarrassed with the behviour of some of their supporters.

I agree with you that a lot of them have no sense of humor. After the drawn GF, I bumped into a filth supporter in a city bar and made light of the game when I said, "great game, see you next week". He wanted to have a go. Also, their treatment of Steven Milne is a disgrace.
And the other noticeable attribute re their fans, is that they don't make small talk with other fanssitting beside them. Is it just Saints fans who start talking to other fans about the players and the game, even though five minutes ago, we were all strangers?
It seems like we're happy to chat with whoever because our common interest is the St Kilda Football Club.

In contrast, they don't, maybe it's a time honoured tradition to avoid conversing with your fellow CFC supporter in case he wants to turn around and box on. Or they simply don't know anything about the art of conversation.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

In the MCC members last night. All supporters around me were fine. Had a few drinks after the game with both sides supporters and was again fine.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

ain't that the truth !
if we had 11 more frees and won by a goal , eddie would be crying to dimwit in london , and the ferals would be bombarding radio all week whingeing about the game !

In red white and black from 73
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:Abc radio says pies did their best to try and lose it ,seemed to be in control most of the game .. Said their shouldn't have been a free to harry 0 . NO mention that the umpires cheated or the AFL conspires aginst us time after time. So no matter how much we complain on here no one outside the supporters give a stuff.
Much the way I saw it too.
Like GF1 they nearly kicked themselves out of it.
Bad decision making by us for most of last 3 quarters compounded by some umpiring decision/non decisions
Not sure about Jones to fwd line either.

Very simplistic to blame umpires alone!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:In the MCC members last night. All supporters around me were fine. Had a few drinks after the game with both sides supporters and was again fine.
Not really representative is it?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
felix wrote:Abc radio says pies did their best to try and lose it ,seemed to be in control most of the game .. Said their shouldn't have been a free to harry 0 . NO mention that the umpires cheated or the AFL conspires aginst us time after time. So no matter how much we complain on here no one outside the supporters give a stuff.

See that type of comment annoys me.
Why is it one or the other.
Simple fact is, with all the errors by Saints players, we still had 2 points to show for it.
That is, until the only person in Australia that thought it was a free kick paid it, unlucky for us, he is either clearly biased or a very ordinary umpire.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:

See that type of comment annoys me.
Why is it one or the other.
Simple fact is, with all the errors by Saints players, we still had 2 points to show for it.
That is, until the only person in Australia that thought it was a free kick paid it, unlucky for us, he is either clearly biased or a very ordinary umpire.

It was technically a free and the AFL I think will say that today. paying those though means you could pay 100 frees a game and that isnt what we want. Anyway the 2 points means jack.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:In the MCC members last night. All supporters around me were fine. Had a few drinks after the game with both sides supporters and was again fine.
Not really representative is it?

The pies supporters I was talking about were MCC members as well and had half a brain.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: It was technically a free and the AFL I think will say that today. paying those though means you could pay 100 frees a game and that isnt what we want. Anyway the 2 points means jack.
I thought Milne hardly touched Harry O, if at all.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote: It was technically a free and the AFL I think will say that today. paying those though means you could pay 100 frees a game and that isnt what we want. Anyway the 2 points means jack.

I think he did but hardly at all but when you touch them front on any contact is technically a free. I thought it was definitely a free initially but on the replay it could easily have not been paid.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

I think he did but hardly at all but when you touch them front on any contact is technically a free. I thought it was definitely a free initially but on the replay it could easily have not been paid.
Ok. Can you please explain how Collingwood get 8 frees to our zero frees in the last quarter? You can't tell me they didn't miss any frees for us unless they were blind or just didn't want to pay them becuase there were definitely frees that we should have got that they missed.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

Ok. Can you please explain how Collingwood get 8 frees to our zero frees in the last quarter? You can't tell me they didn't miss any frees for us unless they were blind or just didn't want to pay them becuase there were definitely frees that we should have got that they missed.

Havent seen the replay and will not so cant explain it. Maybe a few were wrong, maybe they were all right or maybe we see things through one eye. I dont know but if there were errors the umpires could be dropped or told to improve or maybe they cheat. That would make a lot of sense.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Ok. Can you please explain how Collingwood get 8 frees to our zero frees in the last quarter? You can't tell me they didn't miss any frees for us unless they were blind or just didn't want to pay them becuase there were definitely frees that we should have got that they missed.
didn't we get that second deliberate call against heath shaw? that one was pretty line-ball, to be honest.