Swan suspended for two

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Kiedis
Club Player

Re: Swan suspended for two

I was at Tramp after the 2010 GF. So were all the Collingwood boys. If anyone is familiar with the toilets at Tramp... well, they were put to good use by the boys. Swan, Thomas, Harry O, rackin' 'em up before my very eyes. Goes to show that sort of stuff is way more rampant than most would think. Having said that, the photo above is not all that incriminating. But would not be surprised.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:It's ridiculous that a player gets dropped for that crap. PC God Bothering do gooders are wrecking the game. Still filthy that Jack got dropped.
Seeing you know what it was for, can you share?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Kiedis wrote:Goes to show that sort of stuff is way more rampant than most would think.
nah, i think most would expect well-paid young men to be on the gear a fair bit. as long as it doesn't affect their performance, i don't see the problem with it. obviously in this case the pies thought it would affect swanny's performance.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:It's ridiculous that a player gets dropped for that crap. PC God Bothering do gooders are wrecking the game. Still filthy that Jack got dropped.
With you.

Mind you he deserves to be LAMPOONED, suspended and possibly even locked up for that farking ridiculous tea cosy on his noggin. And give him an extra fortnight for that unforgivably awful arm ink. Deadset looks like he's been inseminating a giant squid.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Kiedis wrote:Goes to show that sort of stuff is way more rampant than most would think.
nah, i think most would expect well-paid young men to be on the gear a fair bit. as long as it doesn't affect their performance, i don't see the problem with it. obviously in this case the pies thought it would affect swanny's performance.
Well we pay the club for our memberships, so I'd expect players to adhere to any rules / regs they see neccessary.

This is where I also think Swan is the exception to the rule.

Anyone else and you'd say 'imagine how good he could be if he applied himself'

He doesn't, yet he is a freak.

I'd hazard a guess not many others could juggle both like he can.

Good on Buckley, many saying it wouldn't of happened under Mick...but harsh reality is, neither did the expected premiership last year either.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Kiedis wrote:I was at Tramp after the 2010 GF. So were all the Collingwood boys. If anyone is familiar with the toilets at Tramp... well, they were put to good use by the boys. Swan, Thomas, Harry O, rackin' 'em up before my very eyes. Goes to show that sort of stuff is way more rampant than most would think. Having said that, the photo above is not all that incriminating. But would not be surprised.

Sounds like crap to me. In front of the public with mobile phones around. Yep I reckon that really happened.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Swan should be forced to get a tattoo saying "I have a drinking problem" except it wouldn't be noticed amongst the other rubbish he has inked on his piggy piggy body

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Kiedis wrote:I was at Tramp after the 2010 GF. So were all the Collingwood boys. If anyone is familiar with the toilets at Tramp... well, they were put to good use by the boys. Swan, Thomas, Harry O, rackin' 'em up before my very eyes. Goes to show that sort of stuff is way more rampant than most would think. Having said that, the photo above is not all that incriminating. But would not be surprised.
Not sure what you are talking about. If you mean snorting, I think you are lying, why would they do that in full view of you? or any member of the public with a mobile phone who could take a photo in less than a second?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
With you.

Mind you he deserves to be LAMPOONED, suspended and possibly even locked up for that farking ridiculous tea cosy on his noggin. And give him an extra fortnight for that unforgivably awful arm ink. Deadset looks like he's been inseminating a giant squid.
I think you mean inseminated by a giant squid. Either way, it's inappropriate interference in my book.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

plugger you seriously wouldnt know

ive seen a brownlow medalist have a line

but then again i guess im lying because the all seeing guru of afl would know
wouldnt you

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Seeing you know what it was for, can you share?
Nah I don't know anything more than is being reported in the media so if what is being reported is true then I think as a supporter, sponsor or other stakeholder in the club I'd be feeling pretty peeved, especially if they lose the next two games and harm their chances of a top four finish.

savatage
SS Life Member

WellardSaint wrote:
Not sure what you are talking about. If you mean snorting, I think you are lying, why would they do that in full view of you? or any member of the public with a mobile phone who could take a photo in less than a second?
Well I've seen a couple of the boys from another Melbourne based club - snorting lines next to me, it was backstage at a venue but they didn't give a stuff I was there.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:plugger you seriously wouldnt know

ive seen a brownlow medalist have a line

but then again i guess im lying because the all seeing guru of afl would know
wouldnt you

Its called common sense. Of course i wouldnt know. My bet is you wouldnt either. Its a rumour without fact and makes no sense at all with mobile phones these days. If you saw a brownlow medalist defiantly have a line you may as well tell us who. You cant get sued for the truth.

The funny thing is if someone had said that about one of our players your response would be the opposite.

And when did i call you a liar? Why do people imagine what is written?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I've snorted lines near plenty of footballers and they never photographed me.

Not really.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
felix
Club Player

Once they have had a line they wouldn't care about anything except another line. Confidence , bravado, don't care attitude that's what happens. So I heard !

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:Once they have had a line they wouldn't care about anything except another line. Confidence , bravado, don't care attitude that's what happens. So I heard !

So it must be at least their second line. Which suggests they may have 3,4 or 5 lines but yet no one has ever filmed them on mobile phones. Just lucky i suppose.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Thinline wrote:I've snorted lines near plenty of footballers and they never photographed me.

Not really.
which comes first - the lies or the drugs?

Seeya
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

easy to say "I saw Swan, Thomas, Harry OBugger I dropped the Ball, all doing lines"
it's easy to make up stuff like that.
I used to work with a lady who was accused of having an affair with a co-worker, people spread rumours about seeing her at Y & Jacksons with that bloke at lunchtime, locking lips, on the same day that I was having lunch with her and some other co-workers !
Until someone comes up with proof or is prepared to say that under oath, I will treat it as garbage.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:easy to say "I saw Swan, Thomas, Harry OBugger I dropped the Ball, all doing lines"
it's easy to make up stuff like that.
I used to work with a lady who was accused of having an affair with a co-worker, people spread rumours about seeing her at Y & Jacksons with that bloke at lunchtime, locking lips, on the same day that I was having lunch with her and some other co-workers !
Until someone comes up with proof or is prepared to say that under oath, I will treat it as garbage.
Yep, easiest thing in the world to do. Anyone can do it.

Even someone as innocent as a 16 year old girl :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

you don't see a problem with young afl players indulging in illicit drugs....????is that what you are saying??? :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

It is quite interesting.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I've snort lines before, but I didn't inhale.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:you don't see a problem with young afl players indulging in illicit drugs....????is that what you are saying??? :roll:
yup, i don't. as long as it doesn't affect anyone else, what do i care what they do for recreation? what's your problem with it? oh, that's right, i forgot you were a full-on nanny state advocate.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

My mail about an od came from a source that works right near the Barkly. When I quizzed them again they went all funny and wouldn't say who they heard it from. I trust the persons honesty but was probably just a chinese whisper that grew bigger during the telling. Collingwood said he was sober and didn't drink now he was drunk at training so I'm not sure if they know what happened. I agree that what he does in his private life doesn't need to be told to the general public, but as a public figure you want to keep it out of the media. He is not a role model for anyone sensible anyway. If drugs make you look like that tool I don't want them, he looks like one of those crack addict shots that show what 6 months on crack or ice will do.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i reckon he's injured anyway and Bucks has taken the opportunity to portray himself as a champion of discipline