Milne and OBrien investigation

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Milne and OBrien investigation

Jacks Back wrote:
Maklom wrote:When have we taken on the AFL...ever?

We are their bitch, one of a few actually. It is a shame.
We've bent over and taken it again, like a **** homo

AFL fine this anonomous poster before Princess Margetts stumbles over this post and passes out with embarrassment.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

The Redeemer wrote:
dragit wrote:Fair chance that O'Brien has actually said something first here…
Milne instigates a dangerous tackle on Jolly, O'Brien comes in to remonstrate…
Maybe what he said was just as bad or worse than what Milne retaliated with?
Of course he wouldn't want to talk about what was said…

Adrian Anderson on the phone
"Yes that's right, I want all resources removed from investigating sides who have deliberately lost games (literally destroying the integrity of the comp)…
I want every man onto a new case regarding a claim that one player has called another player a homo…"
Well one of them said something first.

That being said it is hardly as if it was a MENSA meeting between Milne and O'Brien.

Hopefully the next time Harry goes back to Brazil him and his equally moronic bitch get shot up and do not return home being able to tell of their amazingly boring tale.
that is disgraceful comment you idiot, mods where are you?

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
matrix
Saintsational Legend

good lord
playing footy in country sa you say something funny or thats a sledge and the ump might actually laugh
the player complains to the ump about the language and the ump tells him to get a kick

LOL

maybe the ump on the weekend is a closet bundle of sticks
:?: :roll:

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

I knew I shouldn't have read these posts, but anyway I did and again I am disappointed and angry by the the tone of most posts.

Milney is my hero and his posters abound in my home, but there is no way i can defend him on this. He has said the wrong thing and he needs to think about what he can say. It is irrelevant what is said to him (most of you are saying they are only words, so ignore them0 Get on with the game, get the next loose ball and kick a goal that is a better smarter reply.

I shudder at how some of you must talk in the workplace or to your kids, because the use of the word homo is offensive. If it is not offensive then why are you using it? You are using it to deride and degrade and insult someone, so by definition it is offensive.

It is not 1972 and the way we treat each other with words and actions have moved on and improved (I hope). I shudder at some of the stuff we used to say at school in an era when we knew no better. We should treat people the same way we would like to be treated.

fqf

PS mods as for the post by "the redeemer" I want action on that, to hope that a couple get shot is totally unacceptable and i am embarrassed to support a team that they do

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:I knew I shouldn't have read these posts, but anyway I did and again I am disappointed and angry by the the tone of most posts.

Milney is my hero and his posters abound in my home, but there is no way i can defend him on this. He has said the wrong thing and he needs to think about what he can say. It is irrelevant what is said to him (most of you are saying they are only words, so ignore them0 Get on with the game, get the next loose ball and kick a goal that is a better smarter reply.

I shudder at how some of you must talk in the workplace or to your kids, because the use of the word homo is offensive. If it is not offensive then why are you using it? You are using it to deride and degrade and insult someone, so by definition it is offensive.

It is not 1972 and the way we treat each other with words and actions have moved on and improved (I hope). I shudder at some of the stuff we used to say at school in an era when we knew no better. We should treat people the same way we would like to be treated.

fqf

PS mods as for the post by "the redeemer" I want action on that, to hope that a couple get shot is totally unacceptable and i am embarrassed to support a team that they do
In the context of a close fought battle where so much is on the line and where it would otherwise have been demanded that players all but kill themselves to win, it is incomprehensibly silly to consider Milne's utterance as offensive and particularly so when O'Brien (according to Buckley) couldn't have cared less. FFS the players shook hands after the game. Whilst I prefer actions to speak, sometimes they don't. Sometimes blokes lash out. Besides it's a generic sledge that means very little in the context it was uttered and no more damaging than calling a redhead a ranga or a mark-shirker a girl.

Frankly I think it underestimates the intelligence of a vast majority of football watchers to think that they can't discern between an attempt to vilify and an expression of abject frustration.

Here's a solution: get rid of the microphones.

Boom.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

terry smith rules wrote:I knew I shouldn't have read these posts, but anyway I did and again I am disappointed and angry by the the tone of most posts.

fqf

Sorry but is "homo" not short for homosexual? If so, if Harry overated is homosexual why would he be offended by being calle exactly that? If he is heterosexual, why would he be offended at being called something he is not? Is he homophobic? Why is being called homosexual offensive or a slur? I thought it had been established that it is a case of "not that there's anything wrong with that"?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Sorry but is "homo" not short for homosexual? If so, if Harry overated is homosexual why would he be offended by being calle exactly that? If he is heterosexual, why would he be offended at being called something he is not?
More to the point, why should the AFL be offended? In their own way they're saying it is something horrible.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:
True Believer wrote: Sorry but is "homo" not short for homosexual? If so, if Harry overated is homosexual why would he be offended by being calle exactly that? If he is heterosexual, why would he be offended at being called something he is not?
More to the point, why should the AFL be offended? In their own way they're saying it is something horrible.
So if you said it to your co worker in the workplace that would be acceptable?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:Sorry but is "homo" not short for homosexual? If so, if Harry overated is homosexual why would he be offended by being calle exactly that?
Because in the context he used it, it is pejorative.
True Believer wrote: If he is heterosexual, why would he be offended at being called something he is not? Is he homophobic? Why is being called homosexual offensive or a slur? I thought it had been established that it is a case of "not that there's anything wrong with that"?

As above.

BUT.

Harry O was not offended, did not file a complaint and was not put off. That is the point of this.

What he said was meant to offend. Milne would wholeheartedly agree. Like intimating someone is a squib is meant to offend.

However it didn't work. But now Princess Margetts has intervened as judge jury and executioner and has saved us all from ever being offended by a football player calling another football player a homo :roll: .

The ironic thing is that Harry O would have been called much worse in his life. He probably thought Milne was an idiot and felt sorry for him, rather than be offended.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

So every single workplace is the same?

My office is exactly the same as a construction crew, or a cattle muster, or a hairdresser, or a football field?

Calling a collegue in my office a homo would be extremely offensive. Being scragged around the neck or hip and shouldered in my office would also be pretty ofensive.

In most workplaces screaming out for a job well done (like scoring a goal) would also be in appropriate.

Lance or James??

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Depends on the context it was said in. Certain words are certainly not acceptable, the ones that begin with a "P" or an "F" for example. They have a bit more "venom" and are cleary designed to offend someone.

The other one of course is "Gay" and I'm sure that if Milney had've said that then the same storm would have arisen. But if we start fining everyone that says something's "gay" we wouldn't have enough officers to keep up.

Anyway, I was simply agreeing with TB. Why should "Homo" being OFFENSIVE to either a "Homo" or a "Hetero"?

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:

My office is exactly the same as a construction crew, or a cattle muster, or a hairdresser, or a football field?

Calling a collegue in my office a homo would be extremely offensive. Being scragged around the neck or hip and shouldered in my office would also be pretty ofensive.

In most workplaces screaming out for a job well done (like scoring a goal) would also be in appropriate.
Every single workplace should be the same, that is the point

So you are a construction worker you are allowed to speak differently!! Really! Why? why should the rules be different.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:Every single workplace should be the same, that is the point

So you are a construction worker you are allowed to speak differently!! Really! Why? why should the rules be different.
Because there are different rules.

Should you be allowed to hip and shoulder a collegue in an office?

Also most workplaces you are on the same team. It is not competitive and you are not in "opposition" to the other members in a workplace.

So in fact the rules ARE different.

if you cant understand that we dont live in some sort of Soviet collective where we have mind control over every single person and where "homo" is not offensive in some cases (see a gay workplace like a gay bar where the homosexuals call each other queer - that would be offensive in my workplace) there is no point dioscussing this issue with you.

Lance or James??

markp
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Every single workplace should be the same, that is the point

So a footballer can't call another player a f**wit or a d**head?...

Not acceptable in most workplaces.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:Every single workplace should be the same, that is the point

Because there are different rules.

Should you be allowed to hip and shoulder a collegue in an office?

Also most workplaces you are on the same team. It is not competitive and you are not in "opposition" to the other members in a workplace.

So in fact the rules ARE different.

if you cant understand that we dont live in some sort of Soviet collective where we have mind control over every single person and where "homo" is not offensive in some cases (see a gay workplace like a gay bar where the homosexuals call each other queer - that would be offensive in my workplace) there is no point dioscussing this issue with you.
No in fact the rules are not different

All workplaces are the same

So you would think that in a so called "tougher" workplace all of this is ok, to harden some up. really? that is why bullying of apprentices is not accepted etc

You would like some dickensian workplace then?

It is not about mind control it is about respect

Maklom
Club Player

Interesting argument, I am all for respect but this is also about freedom.

Extraordinary circumstances aside, offensive (non-violent) behaviour needs to be curtailed through education and not being belted over the head with an anvil when you make a mistake.

Maklom
Club Player

Further to that, all workplaces aren't the same and probably should not be.

A lot of people choose to be in their work places because they enjoy the environment for all sorts of reasons.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Maklom wrote:Further to that, all workplaces aren't the same and probably should not be.

A lot of people choose to be in their work places because they enjoy the environment for all sorts of reasons.

And that attitude allows bullies to take over in certain workplaces.

Have you not read the stories of young apprentices and the horrors that sometimes happen to them.

But hey that is ok because there are different rules and we need to be able to toughen them up

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:In most workplaces screaming out for a job well done (like scoring a goal) would also be in appropriate.
I just had images of bum-patting and West Indies style high fives every time someone does something good in my office!
Amusing images! Thanks for that dose of reality!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

fqf

milney calls o'brien names......o'brien elbows milney to the head.....which one is worse......

(both resulted in free kicks to o'brien by the way)....when i was growing up i was told that sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt......only one players actions were reportable and likely to end in a suspension.....didn't happen..also.....50 metres can be called when a player swears at an umpire...not a player..

free kicks in the last quarter....9 - 1 against the saints.

anyway you look at it we got screwed...hence the reaction on here....

do i agree with milne calling o'brien a f....n homo c...t...????.no ...of course not....next time milney try using, dipstick, f*** wit or arsehole......o'bien is all of those things.... :wink:

...anyway you look at it

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
markp
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
Maklom wrote:Further to that, all workplaces aren't the same and probably should not be.

Have you not read the stories of young apprentices and the horrors that sometimes happen to them.

But hey that is ok because there are different rules and we need to be able to toughen them up

Calling someone a squib or a d**khead is bullying.

Just about every fullback and full-forward in the league is an intimidating bully.

That's one of the integral parts of the game.

Never heard an umpire say "stop bullying each other!"

Maklom
Club Player

Unfortunately bullies permeate the workforce and do terrible things
Unfortunately psychos join the army and slaughter whole villagers
Unfortunately perverts become doctors
Unfortunately umpires get in the way of a good game

Unfortunately we cannot eradicate these discrepancies of the human condition but we do have to live with them somehow.

Fortunately we can complain and vent on wonderful forums such as one.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

stinger wrote: ....when i was growing up i was told that sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt.....
then explain to me why young kids are committing suicide after getting bullied.

I suspect that saying was made up by someone trying to justify their actions/words

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

fqf

Harden up princess... no wait... Can I use the word princess?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:

TSM IMO you need to contextualise better.

The circumstances in which the incident occurred are unto themselves.

Comparisons with offices whatever are ultimately and plainly futile.
Last edited by Thinline on Fri 10 Aug 2012 4:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'