I was wrong about Jack Steven

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: I was wrong about Jack Steven

perfectionist wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
hayes66 wrote:Jack wasn't great yesterday
He got BOG in the Herald Sun
BOG and Herald Sun - one and the same thing.

Second best in the Age. The most stupid thread this board has seen since someone started one 3 years ago proclaiming they were quitting this board.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thread Title & OP

You were & getting more wrong with each game he plays on his way to 250+ for the Saints.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:BOG and Herald Sun - one and the same thing.
Second best in the Age. The most stupid thread this board has seen since someone started one 3 years ago proclaiming they were quitting this board.
to be fair, he didn't make the top five in most votes on here, including yours plug.

that aside, it's still a stupid thread.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Is there a prize for most idiotic post or is it a full moon?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
The Bluff
Club Player

Just watched the replay of the Melbourne game and thought jack was good, surprised to read this thread. I know it was started after last weeks game, but his improvement this year cementing a starting spot has been one of the season highlights for me.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:BOG and Herald Sun - one and the same thing.
to be fair, he didn't make the top five in most votes on here, including yours plug.

that aside, it's still a stupid thread.

That is true. Wouldnt have had in my top 7 but that isnt the point. The thread is plainly stupid as this guy can really play and will continue to get better. Its like people cant admit they are wrong. Surely anyone who bags a Saints player hopes to be proven wrong. I certainly was with Armo.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Main thing he needs to work on is actually looking up and seeing where he's kicking the ball.
Love his pace and taking on the game just needs find a target more often.

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Main thing he needs to work on is actually looking up and seeing where he's kicking the ball.
Love his pace and taking on the game just needs find a target more often.

The good thing is he is actually a good kick so it is just a matter of time when he will learn to make the correct decisions.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:...The good thing is he is actually a good kick ....
...straight to the opposition, so it's good from their point of view. I also like his LONG kicks, you know, those that go twenty metres. His kicks along the ground in front of the opposition goal are good too - for them. Hawthorn and Geelong must be really sorry that they don't have good kicks like Jackie.

The Bluff
Club Player

He nails plenty of his kicks, sure he sprays the odd one but given his age and how hard he runs I think it is to be expected.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:...The good thing is he is actually a good kick ....
...straight to the opposition, so it's good from their point of view. I also like his LONG kicks, you know, those that go twenty metres. His kicks along the ground in front of the opposition goal are good too - for them. Hawthorn and Geelong must be really sorry that they don't have good kicks like Jackie.

Your knowledge of footy is either pathetic or you can say you were wrong. So which one is it? They are the only 2 options.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I reckon he still is playing through OP, had a good view of the bench....looks sore....and no, I'm not talking about the way he runs, he was grimacing and looked in pain every time he interchanged

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I reckon he still is playing through OP, had a good view of the bench....looks sore....and no, I'm not talking about the way he runs, he was grimacing and looked in pain every time he interchanged

He is fine. About as sore as any player this time of year. That certainly cant be used as an excuse not that he needs one.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:I reckon he still is playing through OP, had a good view of the bench....looks sore....and no, I'm not talking about the way he runs, he was grimacing and looked in pain every time he interchanged

He is fine. About as sore as any player this time of year. That certainly cant be used as an excuse not that he needs one.

I must have been near you. Yeah I noticed he walks like he is really sore through the groin. He may just have a super weird style of walking but it looks like someone has just punched his nuts. As soon as I was thinking he must be struggling he took off at top speed again though so he must be managing it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I must have been near you. Yeah I noticed he walks like he is really sore through the groin. He may just have a super weird style of walking but it looks like someone has just punched his nuts. As soon as I was thinking he must be struggling he took off at top speed again though so he must be managing it.
He does huh.

I just figure he plays through it, could explain his kicking...

Hey, I can't do any worse that Doc Larkins when it comes to guessing :P

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:He may just have a super weird style of walking...
he's had a weird style of walking and running since his first afl game, at least.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He does huh.

I just figure he plays through it, could explain his kicking...

Hey, I can't do any worse that Doc Larkins when it comes to guessing :P

He has walked like that at least since the age of 17. I suggest probably since he could walk. He is fine and it isnt an excuse for his kicking at all. It is more his decision making.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
he's had a weird style of walking and running since his first afl game, at least.
Is he a homo then, or maybe related to our former coach?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Led the game in contested possession, second in clearances and had a single solitary disposal turnover.

Awesome thread.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
gringo
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Yeah i know but walking back to the bench it looked like he wanted to double over and looked restricted. I saw him recently in St Kilda and walking around the street he didn't look he'd been nutted by a golf ball. I was worried by the look on his face but then Harves looked like he'd had a kidney removed through his anus after every contest and then took off like a rocket straight after it.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:Led the game in contested possession, second in clearances and had a single solitary disposal turnover.

Awesome thread.
it was little jack who actually turned the game around for us in the second half.....he started off having a red hot game and then a few more bought in......i gave him my 5 votes....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Is he a homo then, or maybe related to our former coach?
He's been carrying a gerbil all year.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: There is really only one skill that matters in football and that's kicking.
I can't even begin to take you seriously.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Dud

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

He was seriously terrible tonight. He would not have hit more than two targets for the match and continually fumbled the ball and gave terrible aerial contests. He has enough runs on the board to be persisted with, but he needs major improvement if he's going to be a regular in a challenging team.