Roos says Saints have Underachieved

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: Roos says Saints have Underachieved

dragit wrote:The important thing here is that we all come together and hate roosey as a team, whether he says he thinks we will finish first or last is irrelevant.
That's true. I don't even need that. I hate his guts anyway!!!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I think we all agree that there were several positives this year, but when you finish tenth or eleventh, it cant be seen as a success.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Perhaps if his mate had pumped more games in to young players over the last 2-3 years our underbelly would not be as raw as it has been this year. No dbout that next year there is a lot of scope for players currently 10-20 talent-wise on our list to improve. That's the first time we can say that for a few years.
And which young players exactly would these be?
The better ones all got games, and the ones who didn't simply were not good enough. After years of poor recruiting of kids (our trades were pretty good) the last two seasons has seen a marked improvement. Last years the kids would most likely have gotten more games, but the beter ones after playing senior football early all got injured.

How did Walsh and Lynch go at their new teams this year

I am hoping that our recruiting quality of the last two seasons will continue this coming period.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Richter wrote:How did Walsh and Lynch go at their new teams this year
WHO?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Richter wrote:Perhaps if his mate had pumped more games in to young players over the last 2-3 years our underbelly would not be as raw as it has been this year. No dbout that next year there is a lot of scope for players currently 10-20 talent-wise on our list to improve. That's the first time we can say that for a few years.
The better ones all got games, and the ones who didn't simply were not good enough. After years of poor recruiting of kids (our trades were pretty good) the last two seasons has seen a marked improvement. Last years the kids would most likely have gotten more games, but the beter ones after playing senior football early all got injured.

I am hoping that our recruiting quality of the last two seasons will continue this coming period.
A good example is Bakes saying he wasn't in good nick GF2, yet our emergencies were Stanley/Armitage/Geary.

Not talking about 2011, when he obviously changed his mentality a bit...

You're highlighting one year out of a much longer tenure.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

We're going to have the highest percentage for a team that missed the 8 since 1996 (admittedly more teams this year mean better performance needed to make it). Lost most of our close games. Definitely underachieved, and it will get harder. Lenny has been very good and so has Roo, and yet we're only 10-10 and have beaten very weak sides in 6 of those wins.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

A good example is Bakes saying he wasn't in good nick GF2, yet our emergencies were Stanley/Armitage/Geary.

Not talking about 2011, when he obviously changed his mentality a bit...

You're highlighting one year out of a much longer tenure.

How long since any of those guys played a game? And did the club know how bad his foot was. RL coaching is getting worse every year.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Roos is a flog.

As for games lost, it is a FACT that umpiring cost us the Port Adelaide and the Adelaide game at least.

Add two wins and we're comfortably in the 8!

PS add the draw we should have got when the AFL later admitted the Harry O'Brien 'free' was a mistake!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

The umpiring kept us out of the finals this year.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

The future starts Saturday guys.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saintbob
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:The biggie is losing Dawson. With him, I reckon we would've made the 8.
Surely you're JOKING, Zac was and has been the most overated player on our list ever, for F*** sake the Freo supporters are already booing the idiot!!!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:
bergholt wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:The biggie is losing Dawson. With him, I reckon we would've made the 8.
Surely you're JOKING, Zac was and has been the most overated player on our list ever, for F*** sake the Freo supporters are already booing the idiot!!!
who was our fullback this year, then? how'd he go?

saintbob
SS Life Member

Surely you're JOKING, Zac was and has been the most overated player on our list ever, for F*** sake the Freo supporters are already booing the idiot!!![/quote]
who was our fullback this year, then? how'd he go?[/quote]

Gwilt, Fisher, Simpkin and probably our only AA this year Dempster, and yes I'm sure i'd have them all in the side before that idiot Zac!!!

Fev did a better job one on one the night he got sent back to play on the G-Train, than Zac ever has in his career!!!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Roos has turned into the ex-coaching Damien Barrett.

Utter turnip.

I really don't understand why he's so quickly gone from mild mannered, interesting and likeable to disagreeable turd in the space of a season.

Maybe he gets paid better for being a twit.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Chef attack
Club Player

We have done well with the list we had, came up against two great teams in those grannies, no shame in that

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Forget Roos - the question is valid.
If you lose all your close games (close wins are usually attributed to top personal performances or excellent coaching) +
You miss the 8 +
You have not beaten top sides +
You have had few injuries then
You have definitely underachieved.
Forget the 12 wins and % stuff - this is the most lopsided season on record with four or five easybeats down the bottom - and we lost to one of them!
Watters shows potential but there needs to be a lot of improvement in discipline and defense - not to mention consistency over 4 quarters.
Disappointing season for mine - and to top it off we look like not giving a squeek while Goddard walks off - potentially our best player for the next 4 years. If this happens = big FAIL!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Had to chuckle listening to him barracking again last night. So nice when they lost.