Congratulations to the St Kilda football club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

slider
Club Player

Re: Congratulations to the St Kilda football club

Chef attack wrote:
slider wrote:hmm chef attack= zac attack? same persona
I'm not a poof
Who says butt you?

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Chef attack wrote:
I'm not a poof
but you are a dogs scrotum

I love this club
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Chef attack wrote:
Why can't we raise our expectations FFs. It's this loser attitude that goes through the whole club from the supporters all the way to the top.
Ok votre excellence. You sound really awesome. Don't talk about excellence and I'll have whatever expectations I want you idiot. Now get off your high horse and piss off.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Chef attack
Club Player

Well I'm not Zac attack, I'm passionate and I have an opinion , don't appreciate the personal attacks

St Lenny
Club Player

I think we under estimate the effect of having McEvoy, Stanley, Blake and Fisher out at the same time in the first half of the season. Put a lot of pressure on other players.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Chef attack wrote:Well I'm not Zac attack, I'm passionate and I have an opinion , don't appreciate the personal attacks
Well don't tell people what to think or feel now like i said, f_ck off.

andrewg
Club Player

Chef attack wrote:
I'm not a poof
Chef attack is lame. THE END

St Lenny
Club Player

Following St Kilda has certainly been a lot more enjoyable the last 20yrs. Younger supporters dont understand this as they never had to experience the 70s and 80s, lucky them. It doesnt mean we accept mediocrity or that we are still not desperate for a flag. But I dont think perception is that we are a successful team, I think others still view us as a pack of losers. I will always remember in 2009 when commentators were asked on GF day who they thought would win the GF and why. Dermott Brereton said St Kilda will loose because they are St Kilda.

desperate saint
Club Player

I rarely post >but I too have been in the trenches in the 70's and 80's and think we are managing the transition very well>the last 10 years have been challenging in just falling short of the mountain BUT we have always been in with a chance and that has been fantastic for me as a supporter>our win loss ratio(after we beat the scum next week)would have seen us in the finals most years since the inception of the final 8

Desperate Saint
Chef attack
Club Player

desperate saint wrote:I rarely post >but I too have been in the trenches in the 70's and 80's and think we are managing the transition very well>the last 10 years have been challenging in just falling short of the mountain BUT we have always been in with a chance and that has been fantastic for me as a supporter>our win loss ratio(after we beat the scum next week)would have seen us in the finals most years since the inception of the final 8
I hope our patience is rewarded

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Chef attack wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:Heard on the commentary that we are the only club in the AFL to have won 11 or more games for the last 10 years. Whilst I know we didn't win the big one in that time, it's still a fantastic effort. It has completely changed the image of our club and given us so much more to look forward to year after year
Look mate, I'm not a troll, but if we as a club are happy to be middling all the time- the mean average if you will- we will never get anywhere. Don't celebrate this crap, it's embarrassing
Of course we'd prefer a flag to show for it but it's an extraordinary achievement, especially in the modern draft-balanced era.

And relative to a history that is totally chock full of complete hopelessness, it's even more incredible.

So stick your embarrassment square up your arse, dipshit.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Chef attack
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Chef attack wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:Heard on the commentary that we are the only club in the AFL to have won 11 or more games for the last 10 years. Whilst I know we didn't win the big one in that time, it's still a fantastic effort. It has completely changed the image of our club and given us so much more to look forward to year after year
Look mate, I'm not a troll, but if we as a club are happy to be middling all the time- the mean average if you will- we will never get anywhere. Don't celebrate this crap, it's embarrassing
Of course we'd prefer a flag to show for it but it's an extraordinary achievement, especially in the modern draft-balanced era.

And relative to a history that is totally chock full of complete hopelessness, it's even more incredible.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the futon :?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Chef attack wrote:

Magnificent. +1 :wink:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Based on where we were, and the direction that it appeared we were going (downward slide heading for a big rebuild over several years) with many pundits thinking that we were going to be way off the pace...

I think the year has been ok. We've begun the transition, we've unearthed some good kids that have had games pumped into them and we've been competitive pretty much all season.

Nobody is celebrating a 9th position placing but why is it such a bad thing to acknowledge the positives?

The general theme of your posting CA seems to be along the lines of... we should beat a rabble like GWS by 20 goals... which we did but rather than be happy with that... you're finding a way to put a negative spin on it

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Based on where we were, and the direction that it appeared we were going (downward slide heading for a big rebuild over several years) with many pundits thinking that we were going to be way off the pace...

I think the year has been ok. We've begun the transition, we've unearthed some good kids that have had games pumped into them and we've been competitive pretty much all season.

Nobody is celebrating a 9th position placing but why is it such a bad thing to acknowledge the positives?

The general theme of your posting CA seems to be along the lines of... we should beat a rabble like GWS by 20 goals... which we did but rather than be happy with that... you're finding a way to put a negative spin on it
Good post.

I have enjoyed the past 10 years. It has been a great lot of fun and for about 30 seconds of that ten year run I actually felt the feeling of being premier. Alas it was not to be.

Anyway our youth got a HUGE wrap from Robert Shaw on SEN this morning, very impressed with Saad, Cripps, Sipposs, Ross and singled out Stanley for a mention saying he saw about five things Stanley did that Natinui does.

Finey correctly pointed out he does that and combines it with a lot of what Kosi does, but said, as we ALL know, he is a work in progress.

Also pointed to the fact that Jones, Peake, Polo, and a few others have their papers stamped because Pelchan concentrates on hitting targets. he also said Ray, and Gilbert, be very very careful.

Anyway, we are in the youth phase and we have a future.

Again as Finey pointed out, a much brighter future than many Saints fans thought at the beginning of the year.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Since 1997 the club has really turned itself around. We had a few ordinary years at the turn of the millenium but generally overall we have had plenty of highs since we won the Ansett Cup pre-season 1996 and the McClelland Cup for finishing on top of the ladder in 1997.
We may not have made finals this year but look out next season!

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm EXCITED!!!! (does it show?)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)