Siposs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Siposs

Where is his best position? I've always thought he could be our third tall in the mould of Hamill, roaming around HFF. He looks to be a lovely kick of the ball and could be very damaging roaming between HFF and the wing and delivering the ball inside 50 - a good link man if not a genuine forward target in his own right.

It's only GWS, so I'm not reading too much into it, but didn't he play well off half back? Could this be his permanent position? If Goddard goes, we might need his smooth skills to clear defence.

Only 19 years old too, I'm really excited about him as a prospect in the future. I hope is given a good run next year, I'd like to see him start on the ground in round one.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Siposs

Not sure, he doesnt seem as smooth as Goddard, in terms of speed..or movemennt...or something.

Im thinking a kind of Pavlich / Tredrea / Goddard hybrid...

Time will tell, but i am very excited to see what he can start doing when his body and mentality matures a bit more.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Goddard at the same period of his career didn't look smooth either it took a few seasons of playing before he really arrows up to become the player he is ... I felt siposs was very good just needs to calm down a bit he kind of gets a bit over excited some times causing him the shank some kicks

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

In the mould of Hamill? I have seen nothing in his game to suggest that. Hamill was a defensive forward before they invented the term....and played with a brutish vigour well beond his actual height.

No Siposs has more of a touch of silk about him....more the surgeon rather than the master butcher than Hamil was.

He is more BJ like, than Hamill like...but is different again. I suspect he will makea better forward that BJ has been to date, but that Siposs will also be capable of player than backfielder role.

However BJ at his best is a sublime reader of the play, and is more aggressive in his play that Siposs. But Siposs is only 19.....and his story hardly yet told.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 27 Aug 2012 11:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bakes
Club Player

I believe he kicked 99 goals in a season as a junior. He will be CHF in about 3 years time. He has the frame, just needs to fill it out so that he can be a strong CHF. Watters is playing him in other positions atm so that he can become more rounded in his game, but ultimately he is destined to be a CHF and perhaps later in his career a FF.

Saintersss
Club Player

I really think he is our most exciting prospect. McEvoy, Steven and Armitage have shown more than him, but I believe Siposs is going to the best of our young crop. Can genuinely be an A-grade talent. Obviously he would be capable of playing off the half-back flank, but I'd rather a top-notch forward flanker than a top-notch half-back flanker.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

They showed some highlights of him yesterday on the TAC future stars show (or whatever its called) when he was playing TAC and boy did he look hungry for a goal. Many a time he bypassed a player in better position just to have a ping for goal with his long raking kicks. He may need to learn to lower his eyes on occasion but he is definitely a great prospect.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Superboot
SS Life Member

Agree with Bakes and Saintersss.

Is our best young prospect and will a great CHF in years to come.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Tall enough to play CHF??

“Yeah….nah””
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

He is a heap taller than Baldock, probably our best ever CHF.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:He is a heap taller than Baldock, probably our best ever CHF.
The game has changed a little in 50 years baz…

Have to be a pretty special player to hold down CHF if you aren't over 190 these days.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

got time on the ball and can take a good grab which we should see more of next year

but he's got to stop flapping his arms about calling for the ball when there is an opposition player standing two meters off him.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

An absolute GUN in the making!!! With a full pre-season and a wee bit more experience, we have ourselves a fine player for the next tilt at the flag! When one puts Steven, Armitage, Simpkin, Ledger, Cripps, Milera, Saad into the mix, I really see this as the beginning of an era rather than (as the doomsayers put it) the end of one. I know what I can see with my own eyes, and these kids have HUGE potential!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote:An absolute GUN in the making!!! With a full pre-season and a wee bit more experience, we have ourselves a fine player for the next tilt at the flag! When one puts Steven, Armitage, Simpkin, Ledger, Cripps, Milera, Saad into the mix, I really see this as the beginning of an era rather than (as the doomsayers put it) the end of one. I know what I can see with my own eyes, and these kids have HUGE potential!!!
Couldn't agree more Jigging Saint! Your forgot to mention Dunnell and Seb Ross. Can not remember the last time I felt more positive about the youth coming through. Can't wait until the trade period to see what Watters and Pelchin can do to improve a team that is only just out of the 8. Really excited about next year and beyond!!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Superboot
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote:An absolute GUN in the making!!! With a full pre-season and a wee bit more experience, we have ourselves a fine player for the next tilt at the flag! When one puts Steven, Armitage, Simpkin, Ledger, Cripps, Milera, Saad into the mix, I really see this as the beginning of an era rather than (as the doomsayers put it) the end of one. I know what I can see with my own eyes, and these kids have HUGE potential!!!
Dead right Dave. Great thing is that we didn't have to finish bottom for a couple of seasons in order to pick up these guys.

I wonder whether Aaron is still growing? Seems a bit bigger than when he made his debut.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Not convinced he will ever be big enough at AFL level to play key fwd. Kicking goals as a junior doesnt mean everything - just means he is a good player. Remember Sam Fisher was recruited as a fwd and look at Grant Weeks- Kicked a million goals as a fwd and noone will even Rookie him.

I really like the look of Siposs as the quarter back. Suits his size and beautiful kicking. Nothing stopping him still kicking his long goals from outside 50. Can play the Hodgey/BJ role well I reckon.

defacto
Club Player

i like the idea of playing siposs across half back, will help his development as a fwd who can push up the ground

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I don't think the coaching staff even know his best role yet and we'll probably see him spend plenty of time in various roles next year. No doubt he can be a very effective third forward, capable of kicking 2-3 goals per game while setting another couple up. But is he of more value as the go-to man at half back, with his brilliant skills setting up scoring opportunities? The basic situation is do you take 12 touches and 3-4 goals contributed (scored and assists) per game as a forward or 20+ long kicks from half back setting up play.

It will be interesting to see how much he bulks up. He seems to have a big solid frame that could get him to 95kg, effectively making him a KPP, or he could stay leaner around 85kg and remain a versatile flanker.

sainter27
Club Player

Reminds me of Taylor Walker

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Tall goal kicking winger similar to Andrew Embley. Too short to play as a KPP.

Beekay
SS Life Member

he's gonna be a big boy. i think it will take more effort to keep muscle off tbh.

i'm finding it difficult to come up with a player comparison.

I'd go with a half michael voss / half goddard.

*fingers crossed*

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

He is a natural forward more than anything, in terms of position on the field.

I think ideally, they would be/are trying to mould into a half-forward that can play wing at times. His delivery higher up the field could be a real asset in terms of being the catalysts for attacks and getting over oppositions presses.

At times on saturday it seemed like he was in cruise control; I hope he continues to work hard to develop his game.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I just love to see him kicking for GOAAAAAAAALLLLL!!!!!!!! :lol: :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think he could actually be a grunt mid in that big mongrel Dangerfield role. He is already filling out and does seem a little taller but he moves really well and is a lovely size. He reminds me of the big bodied Geelong Chapman types that can hit the midfield or forward line and with the smaller benches coming in might be the archetypal future mid. He's not quick and not tall but is for the midfield. He already seems fitter than he was and is lasting out games. His first quarter was outstanding 4 quarters of that and he's nearly our best player.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I think he could actually be a grunt mid in that big mongrel Dangerfield role. He is already filling out and does seem a little taller but he moves really well and is a lovely size. He reminds me of the big bodied Geelong Chapman types that can hit the midfield or forward line and with the smaller benches coming in might be the archetypal future mid. He's not quick and not tall but is for the midfield. He already seems fitter than he was and is lasting out games. His first quarter was outstanding 4 quarters of that and he's nearly our best player.
I think he lacks the agility, pace and skills below his knees for the midfield. Generally once the footy hits the ground, Siposs isn't much of a factor.