I was wrong about Jack Steven

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Re: I was wrong about Jack Steven

perfectionist wrote:A couple of weeks ago, after the Sydney game, I said that Jackie was one of the worst players that I had ever seen play for the Saints. Well, I was wrong. He is without doubt THE worst. At least Jarryn Geary took a good mark before he kicked it straight to three Collingwood players. At least Sam Gilbert had a little bit of pace before he simply stopped running, or even walking, in the last five minutes and let his opponent run all the way into their forward line. But Jackie set new depths tonight - bouncing the ball into his knee being just one of his gems. If you watch the last quarter of the 1991 GF you will see why our coach likes him.
very wrong.... guy has played some decent footy... tonight was a shocker though. just remember what he did that night roo went done playing the pies.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
HelenR
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:Dud
Unbelievable!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

can any one supporter be as wrong as Perfectionist is about one of our players or do we have more like him in the StKilda ranks? If so does that put us in the ranks of Collingwood and Carlton supporters in having a poor grasp on the game ?
Bloody well hope not, I hope this guy is a one of. :oops:

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

No, nobody can be that wrong, just blind, biased or just plain stupid. Matter of fact, could be all of these. Just another old-time Saint supporter missing the good ol' days of back-to-back wooden spoons.

Saint supporter since '62
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

He's a dud.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:He's a dud.
You're still very wrong

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

You are a person who lacks footy knowledge. I cant think of another reason for you to express something so silly.

Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

You are a person who lacks footy knowledge. I cant think of another reason for you to express something so silly.

Agree totally moronic comment and you call yourself perfectionist ...?

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
saintsfreak
Club Player

What a moron

The Freak
gringo
Saintsational Legend

My kid wears his number now, he'd better be a gun or I'm down $80. Seriously, he was better than plenty today including Monty who managed to look slow for 3 quarters and seemed to turn everything over. Dal was hardly on fire either.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Steven had a ripper start to the season and then dropped a bit off. He looked like he was carrying an injury or possibly the long season had the better of his young body.

sainter45
Club Player

Didn't Jack kick two goals in the last quarter yesterday when we needed them, both just inside the 50 metre line.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:My kid wears his number now, he'd better be a gun or I'm down $80. Seriously, he was better than plenty today including Monty who managed to look slow for 3 quarters and seemed to turn everything over. Dal was hardly on fire either.
Monty tagged Murphy & gave him a bath.

Jack is a beauty, has tailed off after the mid year suspension but has improved overall this season.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Steven just needs to learn about four quarter footy as a midfielder- drifts out of the game a bit too easy, but the talent is there, though hard work ethic needs to be drummed into him over summer.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:A couple of weeks ago, after the Sydney game, I said that Jackie was one of the worst players that I had ever seen play for the Saints. Well, I was wrong. He is without doubt THE worst. At least Jarryn Geary took a good mark before he kicked it straight to three Collingwood players. At least Sam Gilbert had a little bit of pace before he simply stopped running, or even walking, in the last five minutes and let his opponent run all the way into their forward line. But Jackie set new depths tonight - bouncing the ball into his knee being just one of his gems. If you watch the last quarter of the 1991 GF you will see why our coach likes him.
Are you the full ticket? So what your saying is of ALL the players on our list over all the years you have been following this club Jack Steven is the worst of all?

Sorry but all your doing is making a fool of yourself.

JackieSed

You are the dud he is a very good player just has to work on his kicking.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

IMHO Jack is (almost) a gun. He was in the top 2 or 3 in the B & F at mid-season.

But he did fade a little in the 2nd half - pretty much since his driving incident now I think about it.

So next year will be a mini-crossroads for him. He will either go on and become a genuine gun. Or be a little bit of a Clint Jones style battler for the next 5 years with a drinking problem and a reputation for the good life.

Jacks choice.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Perfectionist has a few issues relating to the fact his footy hero let him down by doing something bad. It's hard having tarnished role models but he'll get over it one day. I usually buy my kids a lolly or distract them with a bit of telly until they calm down and eventually the tantrums stop. They say they "hate" things they actually like too when they get cranky, sometimes early bedtime can help.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Perfectionist has a few issues relating to the fact his footy hero let him down by doing something bad. It's hard having tarnished role models but he'll get over it one day. I usually buy my kids a lolly or distract them with a bit of telly until they calm down and eventually the tantrums stop. They say they "hate" things they actually like too when they get cranky, sometimes early bedtime can help.
Ha! Not quite. Anyway, another season gone, and another flag lost. At least, it was one that we never expected to win. So often the way. But, there's always next year. See you then. Go Saints!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
gringo wrote:Perfectionist has a few issues relating to the fact his footy hero let him down by doing something bad. It's hard having tarnished role models but he'll get over it one day. I usually buy my kids a lolly or distract them with a bit of telly until they calm down and eventually the tantrums stop. They say they "hate" things they actually like too when they get cranky, sometimes early bedtime can help.
Ha! Not quite. Anyway, another season gone, and another flag lost. At least, it was one that we never expected to win. So often the way. But, there's always next year. See you then. Go Saints!
Have a good summer dude.

HelenR
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:
And of course in Perfectionist's delusional world it was all Jack's fault!

jimmy_slats
Club Player

"DID YOU KNOW?

Jack Steven won 79 clearances this season - ranked equal 46th in the competition. St Kilda generated a score from 38 per cent of these clearances - ranked No.1 of the top 50 clearances winners. "

just food for though Perfectionist..... your such a bright fellow!

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote:"DID YOU KNOW?

Jack Steven won 79 clearances this season - ranked equal 46th in the competition. St Kilda generated a score from 38 per cent of these clearances - ranked No.1 of the top 50 clearances winners. "

just food for though Perfectionist..... your such a bright fellow!
Good stat jimmy. Jack's explosive pace and ability to win clearances makes him a valuable asset. He also loves to kick a sausage and he showed us even in his first match with his AFL debut in Launceston that he can finish.

Opposition defenders make errors and they can't help their teammates to go 2 against one if the ball gets inside 50 quickly. Jack's frenetic and manic ball movement may not be pretty at times, but he continually creates opportunities for our forwards. I would have loved to have seen Jack play in the 2009 GF

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Makes some terrible decisions and is poor by foot...

Is a good breakaway clearance player, and finds the ball.......provides run and carry.

He needs to find composure and not try to do too much....

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Bump... :oops: