The Temper Trap to play at the Granny

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Temper Trap to play at the Granny

Only heard of them when it was discussed a few weeks back. What radio station is their music played on? I want to get an idea of their music without going onto You Tube.

I assume they are better than the current Meatloaf. Looks like the AFL are trying to appeal to those in their 20's.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bayside Nick
Club Player

Re: The Temper Trap to play at the Granny

Temper Trap are good. Try triple J, although I think Nova have probably picked them up now too. Their latest album was a year or two ago so not played regularly at the moment.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I want to get an idea of their music without going onto You Tube.
What's wrong with 'the youtube'?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Triple J.. Best Australian band right now by far.. Brilliant get and about time..

markp
Saintsational Legend

Will a 'you tube' work on my phonograph?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Will a 'you tube' work on my phonograph?
If you get the 78 version, it should be fine.
I'm hunting down a copy for my mini disc walkman.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You'll quickly realise you know them.

Sweet disposition was played for just about every AFL finals montage in 2009, actually makes me think of the GF to be honest :(

Good news is they have heaps of good songs, not just that one.

MrCordz
Club Player

Hooray - The AFL have finally realised that their fans aren't all 40 something executives with no taste who don't acknowledge any music released since 1990.
Good choice.

Humbly St. Kilda
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

MrCordz wrote:Hooray - The AFL have finally realised that their fans aren't all 40 something executives with no taste who don't acknowledge any music released since 1990.
Good choice.
I'm not an executive but fit into the other categories youve stated!

Lady Ga Ga is good value though. Not so much for her music though.....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
MrCordz wrote:Hooray - The AFL have finally realised that their fans aren't all 40 something executives with no taste who don't acknowledge any music released since 1990.
Good choice.
I'm not an executive but fit into the other categories youve stated!

Lady Ga Ga is good value though. Not so much for her music though.....
If only there was a Rottweiler around when she wore her steak suit...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I don't understand the obsession with grand final entertainment. It's the greatest sporting event in the world, who needs extra entertainment? I've been to four grand finals in the last 15 years and I don't have a clue who if anyone played before the game.

And what sort of person would listen to the radio for hours in the hopes of hearing the band that will be playing at the GF? Will you have a cassette recorder ready so you can hit record when they come on?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I don't understand the obsession with grand final entertainment. It's the greatest sporting event in the world, who needs extra entertainment? I've been to four grand finals in the last 15 years and I don't have a clue who if anyone played before the game.

And what sort of person would listen to the radio for hours in the hopes of hearing the band that will be playing at the GF? Will you have a cassette recorder ready so you can hit record when they come on?
I always find these comments strange. I mean, This is the Grand Final, it needs to be different to other games, the build up needs to be exciting, the pre match entertainment does that. Also the amount people are paying, they would like to see something before hand. As you said, the Grand Final is an "event", it isint just for the game, it hasnt been for many years. I could imagine the uproad if they took all the entertainment away, the build up would be boring and long.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:I don't understand the obsession with grand final entertainment. It's the greatest sporting event in the world, who needs extra entertainment? I've been to four grand finals in the last 15 years and I don't have a clue who if anyone played before the game.

I always find these comments strange. I mean, This is the Grand Final, it needs to be different to other games, the build up needs to be exciting, the pre match entertainment does that. Also the amount people are paying, they would like to see something before hand. As you said, the Grand Final is an "event", it isint just for the game, it hasnt been for many years. I could imagine the uproad if they took all the entertainment away, the build up would be boring and long.
You find anyone who has a thoughtful and different opinion strange. You're strange.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
clarky449 wrote:

You find anyone who has a thoughtful and different opinion strange. You're strange.
Ahk

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
Ahk
Same to you weirdo!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Ahk
Same to you weirdo!
No worries chump.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:

If they took the entertainment away you would just be left with the greatest game in the world. The two best teams breaking through the banners, standing for the national anthem, the toss of the coin. That's all the entertainment I'd need before watching two hours of intense footy.

I actually do remember now the pre game entertainment in 2009. INXS. I could see them on the screen, I could hear the sound echoing around the ground but I couldn't see them. I had no idea where they were. If I wanted to see INXS I would buy a ticket to a concert.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Termblinf hands - a delicious beat!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

have to agree with kosifantutti. the GF doesn't need all that jazz around it. just sing the anthem, let a bazillion balloons go, blow the siren. game on! Everything else is just annoying filler.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti - remember a lot of the GF crowd are neutrals there to drink and for entertainment. Unfortunately due to poor quality bands on numerous occasions the pre match entertainment interest level appears to have dropped over the years (I've been to all bar 2 GF's since 1997). Looks like the AFL are changing it significantly this year to try and stimulate some interest in it. Good idea letting some fans on the arena post match and having post match entertainment.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I'm with Mozart on this. GF entertainment is a load of bollocks.

Instead of having whimpy pop acts performing, they should get the MSO to play Wagner :twisted:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:kosifantutti - remember a lot of the GF crowd are neutrals there to drink and for entertainment. Unfortunately due to poor quality bands on numerous occasions the pre match entertainment interest level appears to have dropped over the years (I've been to all bar 2 GF's since 1997). Looks like the AFL are changing it significantly this year to try and stimulate some interest in it. Good idea letting some fans on the arena post match and having post match entertainment.
I also remember all the Saints members who couldn't get tickets in 2009 and 2010 so that the neutrals could go and drink and watch the entertainment. The Grand Final should be about the footy.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I'm not a fan but they're a good choice. Popular amongst the younger crowd yet not too different that they'll offend the older crowd. Paul Kelly is another very good choice and Tim Rodgers will play for a tiny bag of coke so there's no loss there.

It's a much, much better lineup than usual and probably about 1/3 of the price.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The Southern Command Band did a great job in '66!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:You'll quickly realise you know them.

Sweet disposition was played for just about every AFL finals montage in 2009, actually makes me think of the GF to be honest :(

Good news is they have heaps of good songs, not just that one.
Me too. Fantastic song and sends chills with the opening part of the song and the picture squarely on Roo.